Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.0 (Pie) not able to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/6/19

Hello everyone! 

We have some updated troubleshooting suggestions we'd like for all of you on Android Pie (9.0) to try. 

First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your Fitbit device and Android 9.0 OS. We're still researching and testing out long-term solutions to this ongoing syncing issue. We thank you for all your patience while we continue to work on this effort.

Fitbit Update: 2/14/19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your reports and patience with these Android 9.0 syncing difficulties. We’re aware of this ongoing issue and have been working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track as soon as possible. 

I'll let you know if I receive any additional information on this matter. 

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18 

Hey Everyone!

Our team is still working on implementing a longterm fix for syncing with Android devices on Pie (9.0). 

For the background syncing issue, I have posted an update in the other floated thread which you can find here

We released Fitbit for Android version 2.80 today which contains improvements for that syncing issue. 

I'll make sure to keep you all updated with more information, as soon as I have it available. We're still working on this and I really appreciate everyone's patience. 

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hey everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. We are aware of the issue and working with Google on a solution.

I will continue to provide updates here, so keep an eye on this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 9/10/18 

Hi, everybody! 

Thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on improving syncing for those on Android Pie (9.0). They are actively working on this and for the time being, I recommend you keep the Fitbit app updated on the latest version for best syncing results. Right now that is version 2.78, so if you're not on this version please update! Also, another troubleshoot we recommend is performing a restart on your phone. 

When there are more improvements made in the future I'll announce them here. Stay tuned and subscribed to this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 8/19/18

We have escalated these syncing issues for those who are now using Android Pie (9.0) to our team for investigation. There aren't any updates at the moment, but rest assured we will keep you informed in this thread when more information is available.

Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 8/11/18 

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

Seems like many of you who updated to Android Pie (9.0) are now having trouble syncing your Fitbit trackers. I'm going to escalate this to our team so they can look into it.

In the meantime, please update the Fitbit app to version 2.76.1 if you haven't yet. Let me know if that changes the syncing behavior. Please follow this thread for updates. I'll keep you all posted here! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
2,479 REPLIES 2,479

My one running 6.60 will only sync after I re-start it. I have a Pixel I and upgraded to Android 9 a couple days ago. I have the same sync issue as everyone else.

Best Answer
Did not work for me
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there any further updates to this? I just updated to Android P and my phone won't sync with my Fitbit now. I charged my old phone back up, and the Fitbit will sync with the app on that phone. Any idea what the problem is?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you clear the Fitbit app cache? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have app version 2.76.1 and my Fitbit has not synced with my phone since the morning g I updated to pie.  I have a zip, so I do not monitor heart rate, only steps.  Also note that I cannot drill down into the step tile in the app either even though the banner that displays in the app when IIstart it up says that should work.

Best Answer

Having same issue. Even worked with tech support Live chat and all they had me do was turn off bluetooth, restart phone, reset ONE and then open app turn on bluetooth.  works once and then your luck if again with out this process again. 

This is a big pain and needs to be fixed 

Best Answer

I tried syncing my Fitbit in settings instead of the app too. I t did work right afterwards. However, it didn't work when i tried to sync 20 minutes later. 

Best Answer

The app hasn't been able to sync since 8/18/18.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm able to sync my One, right after I reboot it. I'm also able to sync after going into Bluetooth settings and finding the One. It doesn't work every time and Android won't remember my One. Clunky, but workable for a while.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
No it has been an on going issue. You have to restart phone Bluetooth and
app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the advice works. Poor show for the app and devices that you are taking so long to fix it. Bad publicity for your product. I won't recommend it to someone who is thinking of buying one, especially Android phone users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a Fitbit user, not the company, so ease don't blame me for the difficulties! I am just as frustrated. Don't think it's fitbit's fault to be fair, as it followed on after the android update.

Best Answer
Thanks for your response

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
My issue is not the android update as my phone is still running android 7. However the issues started after the firmware update for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
What version of firmware are you running ?  for example 6.60, 6.64, etc.. What device ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Huawei P10 connected to my Fitbit alta HR. Is that what you are asking?

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
Firmware 27.32.10.20. I have an Ionic. Syncing with my lg stylo 3. Andoid 7.0

Tride to sync with my sons i phone 5 and my kendle fire. None of them can find the ionic.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since upgrading to 9 pie my Fitbit one is having connection issues, it has managed to connect and update a few times a day but hardly ever when I check the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 8/19/18

We have escalated these syncing issues for those who are now using Android Pie (9.0) to our team for investigation. There aren't any updates at the moment, but rest assured we will keep you informed in this thread when more information is available.

In the meantime, please sync your Fitbit devices through another compatible phone or computer

Thanks for your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I put the app on my laptop and it works just fine, so the fitbit one itself works perfectly, it just the android 9 pie operating system.

Thanks!
Best Answer