Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.0 (Pie) not able to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/6/19

Hello everyone! 

We have some updated troubleshooting suggestions we'd like for all of you on Android Pie (9.0) to try. 

First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your Fitbit device and Android 9.0 OS. We're still researching and testing out long-term solutions to this ongoing syncing issue. We thank you for all your patience while we continue to work on this effort.

Fitbit Update: 2/14/19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your reports and patience with these Android 9.0 syncing difficulties. We’re aware of this ongoing issue and have been working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track as soon as possible. 

I'll let you know if I receive any additional information on this matter. 

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18 

Hey Everyone!

Our team is still working on implementing a longterm fix for syncing with Android devices on Pie (9.0). 

For the background syncing issue, I have posted an update in the other floated thread which you can find here

We released Fitbit for Android version 2.80 today which contains improvements for that syncing issue. 

I'll make sure to keep you all updated with more information, as soon as I have it available. We're still working on this and I really appreciate everyone's patience. 

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hey everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. We are aware of the issue and working with Google on a solution.

I will continue to provide updates here, so keep an eye on this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 9/10/18 

Hi, everybody! 

Thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on improving syncing for those on Android Pie (9.0). They are actively working on this and for the time being, I recommend you keep the Fitbit app updated on the latest version for best syncing results. Right now that is version 2.78, so if you're not on this version please update! Also, another troubleshoot we recommend is performing a restart on your phone. 

When there are more improvements made in the future I'll announce them here. Stay tuned and subscribed to this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 8/19/18

We have escalated these syncing issues for those who are now using Android Pie (9.0) to our team for investigation. There aren't any updates at the moment, but rest assured we will keep you informed in this thread when more information is available.

Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 8/11/18 

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

Seems like many of you who updated to Android Pie (9.0) are now having trouble syncing your Fitbit trackers. I'm going to escalate this to our team so they can look into it.

In the meantime, please update the Fitbit app to version 2.76.1 if you haven't yet. Let me know if that changes the syncing behavior. Please follow this thread for updates. I'll keep you all posted here! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
2,479 REPLIES 2,479

Appears to be fixed with version 2.76.1

Pixel 2

Android Pie

Sync works with my One. 

Uninstall Fitbit and re-install from Play store

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strange, it synced once with latest install.. that's it. Guess I posted too soon.  Jury is still out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, last post for me - rebooted my One and back to normal syncing now.  Rebooted by connecting with charger, held button down for about 15 seconds

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Pixel that updated to Pie on Tuesday. It last synced with my Versa Thursday evening. Since then it won't sync at all, I can't change clock faces, and the Versa appears in my Pixel under "Previously connected devices" but will not attempt to connect to the Versa even if I tap on it. 

This issue started a couple of days AFTER I updated to Android Pie, but I believe BEFORE Friday's update of the FitBit software. I have always on syncing and I think it stopped working before the update and was relieved to see an update to the app, hoping this would fix the issue. 

I'm pretty sure Battery Management isn't the issue because it shows the apps that it limits and the FitBit app is not one of them. And I've also turned the Battery Management off to no avail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: 

After talking to support they had me delete my bluetooth pairing for the Versa on my phone. And then had me remove the Versa from the app. I set up the Versa again via the app and now it tracks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the lastest version and still doesn't show real time steps and HR.

Best Answer

I have firmware version 6.64 after uninstalling and reinstalling Is that the same version 2.76.1. After my fitbit one would not sync properly for 3 days. I went through trouble shooting with customer service and it is the Pixel 2 that is not compatible but it worked fine for 10 months before my phone updated to andriod pie 9. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the pixel 2 and can't get my text messages going to my fitbit surge. I am running pie 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

My pixel 2 gets most messages but says unknown now on calls. I can add this much more. When I open the app it is like it always resets the steps to 0 tool till it syncs up. The current heart rate remains the bars as others have stated.  I've done all the suggestions but nothing seems to help. I'm sure it has something to do with the update to the app. I find it odd that I have no issues till a couple days ago which happens to be when the last update was. Maybe you could make the previous version available for us having issues. If nothing else we would rule out the app then. Is that possible ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that and it still doesn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It works for a few seconds then the information is gone again. I got on a live chat with a fitbit rep. He wanted a screen shot of what it looked like. I emailed it to him  now can't get a response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did they give you a link to the previous version or did you just reinstall the same current version? They should give us the ability to go back a version if they screw it up till it gets fixed. 

Best Answer

bongorock...The same version. I still did not get a response from the associate. I have tried it all and it still isn't registering my steps of my heart rate...the two things I use the most. I agree, we should be able to go back since this is clearly not working for a lot of people.

Best Answer

I can tell the same story.  Ever since upgrading my Pixel 2 to Android 9, my Fitbit One fails to synch with the latest version of the Fitbit app.  I've removed and reinstalled the application, and reset the Fitbit itself.  Interestingly, following every reset of the Fitbit, I'll get a few successful synchs with my phone before the application fails to find the device indefinitely.  Turning Bluetooth on and off and clearing the cache don't remedy the issue.  Resetting the Fitbit each time I wish to synch my data is not a convenient workflow, as the holding of the button for ten seconds, first in the charger then outside it is tedious.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same story here. The difference is I have a Samsung 9 * Android 8 * Charge 2 w/22.22.55.2 * App Ver. 2.76.1. My last "real-time" day was 08/08/18. Still waiting to here from support and hoping someone here will post a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a similar problem since last week.  I've not done any updates to anything but since last week I noticed that my steps and heart rate weren't updating how they used to.  I like to hula hoop and keep a track of my steps and my heart rate on the screen on my phone while I am doing it but now I have to keep manually syncing.  I also have an iPod and that is having the same issue.  My other half has his own fitbit and he is having the same problem, so it's obviously not something wrong my end.

Just in case though I have uninstalled the app and re installed it, reset the fitbit, turned the bluetooth off then on, even the wifi, still doesn't work.  It's really annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done all that you have and talked with customer service. It will
sync fine with an older Android Maxx but my Pixel 2 is still syncing
intermittently. I think the problem is with the Fitbit app software.
Thanks for sharing.
Best Answer

I've just remembered that I have an old Android phone that I keep in the car, it has the app on it so I'm going to get that and see if it syncs properly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let us know how that works. Fitbit is increasingly becoming an unreliable company. They give the same default response to every issue and you never hear back from them. 

Best Answer

My old phone has the same issue and the app on that hasn't been updated in about 2yrs!  However just like my other phones and iPod it isn't syncing as it should and the heart rate monitor just has the resting rate on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still experiencing similar problems.  After my FitBit app updated to 2.76.1, my Versa tracker stopped automatically syncing.  Now, I have to manually force the sync each time I want to see on my Pixel phone where my stats are.  They used to stay synced automatically so I could monitor my status on my Pixel as I did a workout.  Not anymore.  

Any update on the source of this new problem and the expected resolution date?

Best Answer