Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.0 (Pie) not able to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/6/19

Hello everyone! 

We have some updated troubleshooting suggestions we'd like for all of you on Android Pie (9.0) to try. 

First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your Fitbit device and Android 9.0 OS. We're still researching and testing out long-term solutions to this ongoing syncing issue. We thank you for all your patience while we continue to work on this effort.

Fitbit Update: 2/14/19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your reports and patience with these Android 9.0 syncing difficulties. We’re aware of this ongoing issue and have been working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track as soon as possible. 

I'll let you know if I receive any additional information on this matter. 

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18 

Hey Everyone!

Our team is still working on implementing a longterm fix for syncing with Android devices on Pie (9.0). 

For the background syncing issue, I have posted an update in the other floated thread which you can find here

We released Fitbit for Android version 2.80 today which contains improvements for that syncing issue. 

I'll make sure to keep you all updated with more information, as soon as I have it available. We're still working on this and I really appreciate everyone's patience. 

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hey everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. We are aware of the issue and working with Google on a solution.

I will continue to provide updates here, so keep an eye on this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 9/10/18 

Hi, everybody! 

Thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on improving syncing for those on Android Pie (9.0). They are actively working on this and for the time being, I recommend you keep the Fitbit app updated on the latest version for best syncing results. Right now that is version 2.78, so if you're not on this version please update! Also, another troubleshoot we recommend is performing a restart on your phone. 

When there are more improvements made in the future I'll announce them here. Stay tuned and subscribed to this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 8/19/18

We have escalated these syncing issues for those who are now using Android Pie (9.0) to our team for investigation. There aren't any updates at the moment, but rest assured we will keep you informed in this thread when more information is available.

Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 8/11/18 

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

Seems like many of you who updated to Android Pie (9.0) are now having trouble syncing your Fitbit trackers. I'm going to escalate this to our team so they can look into it.

In the meantime, please update the Fitbit app to version 2.76.1 if you haven't yet. Let me know if that changes the syncing behavior. Please follow this thread for updates. I'll keep you all posted here! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
2,479 REPLIES 2,479

I have the 2.76.1 update but my dashboard page will not update on my phone. The steps, calories, minutes and sleep are not updating. Miles and activity hours do update. Previous days will display steps, miles, calories and activity hours. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Hello, it looks like I lost my weight data for the last 3 months. It was a dashed line now its just a flat line. I have been on the scale for the last two years so I don't know why I'm missing this data. Is this related to the syncing issues people have been having? I can't find any other data on it. Why would it be missing data for the last 3 months? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, it looks like I lost my weight data for the last 3 months. It was a dashed line now its just a flat line. I have been on the scale for the last two years so I don't know why I'm missing this data. Is this related to the sync issues other have been having? I'm not sure why I would be missing data for the last few months?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is very disheartening. I hope you get your data back. We all need to call support constantly till they address our issues. 

Best Answer

Has anyone found a work around or fix? I was about to junk my fitbit until I realized it might be a result of my Android Pie upgrade. Glad I checked here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reported this syncing problem after the recent Android Pie update to Fitbit via Twitter DM. They directed me to a troubleshooting guide for syncing issues and made sure to remind me that the Pixel 2 is not officially supported.

How in the world is Google's (the creator of  Android) flagship phone not on the official list of supported phones? I have tried nearly every solution here and can't get my Fitbit connected anymore period.

I am on the verge on canning this thing and switching to another company for my fitness tracking needs because this is getting ridiculous.

Best Answer

My Versa hasn't updated since the Android Pie upgrade. I have the latest version of the app but like many others it just wasn't syncing. I deleted the app, removed bluetooth on phone, tried reinstalling the Versa, etc... 

Today I decided to rest the Versa back to factory settings. So far it is working and syncing

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not convinced it's just about Android 9.0 as my phone is running on Android 7.0, my older phone is running on software that hasn't been updated in years and my other half's phone isn't up to date either, yet all 3 phones plus my iPod have all started having the same problem since the end of last week.  As soon as I open the FitBit app my steps have zeroed and I have to wait a minute for it to sync, but as I said in my earlier post it's not showing my heart rate, only my resting heart rate and it's only syncing when I manually sync it.  Whatever the issue is I think it's affecting a lot more people than those who have just updated their phones and it's really annoying when you spend a huge chunk of money on these devices and they can't even sort these issues out!

Best Answer

After a few days of this, the only 100% reliable work-around I've found is to use the dongle and the desktop app to sync my data. I've completely given up trying to troubleshoot the phone app with Android 9 until Fitbit has an official patch or hotfix or something. 

Best Answer

I've followed the advice on one of the other threads about turning off the auto updates, uninstalling and reinstalling the old software.  It seems to be working fine now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue (Huawei P20) Fitbit Alta HR and won't sync. I reinstalled app, turned phone on and off, uninstalled fit bit and now app cannot re-connect to fit bit at all. I input the code from the fit bit on set up and just says 'connecting' and nothing happens. This has happened since the app update. Pls fix asap 😞 thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let us know what you decide to go with. I've read good things about the Garmin. I've been saying for months not supporting the pixel 2 was a huge mistake. They won't listen and I've learned they really don't care anymore. It is showing in this mess they have now. 

Best Answer

I have same issue Deb_50 with my blaze and Samsung s8 phone, hr is just 2 lines, steps & cals at 0

Ok I've just downgraded my fitbit app to an older version and straight away my blaze and app are syncing no problem and steps, cals and heart rate are back working....this says to me that it is definitely to do with update that was rolled out Thursday night! 

Best Answer

Finally, some contacted customer support. NO JOY! The "Gentleman" I spoke with all but said I was imagining things. That in his 4 years of experience, he has never heard of or seen a real-time heart rate step continuous step update on the FitBit App. That the FiBit App never has or was ever designed supplied continuous Sync data in either of those categories as only the Tracker can supply that kind of data and the real subject of this Thread is concerning the “Auto-Sync” problems with Android 9.0. But, he would pass this problem up to engineering and get back to me. Restarting Tracker and phone, uninstalling and reinstalling app, All-Day Sync, Always Connected and clearing the cache have failed to fix my problem. I guess I should be grateful that my Tracker still syncs. I’ll be fair and allow FitBit a couple of days to research the problem before taking any further action.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same problem. I can get the information on my tablet but
not the app on my phone. I can't get the steps or the heart rate.
Everything else is fine. I have contacted Fitbit and am waiting for a
solution. When I get one I will send it to you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I knew the people at fitbit were a bunch of liars!  May I ask where you find the old software? 

Best Answer

I downgraded to the previous version, find here

https://fitbit.en.uptodown.com/android/old

That will solve most issues for people. Remember to turn off auto update apps or it will just let fitbit screw you back over.

Shame on you fitbit. 

Best Answer

Android 9 on my pixel2XL was definitely what broke syncing with my Flex. My Samsung Tab2(Android 7) is running Fitbit 2.76.1 and it is syncing just fine.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is definitely Android 9. Samsung Tab2 (Android 7) is running Fitbit 2.76.1 and syncs normally, with no interruptions and no troubleshooting necessary. Pixel 2 has not ever synced since upgraded to Pie, despite reinstallation, bt pairing attempts, etc.  Hopefully a fix is in the works?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got an Android 9+. My Charge HR isn't syncing ttoo it, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes