Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.0 (Pie) not able to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/6/19

Hello everyone! 

We have some updated troubleshooting suggestions we'd like for all of you on Android Pie (9.0) to try. 

First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your Fitbit device and Android 9.0 OS. We're still researching and testing out long-term solutions to this ongoing syncing issue. We thank you for all your patience while we continue to work on this effort.

Fitbit Update: 2/14/19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your reports and patience with these Android 9.0 syncing difficulties. We’re aware of this ongoing issue and have been working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track as soon as possible. 

I'll let you know if I receive any additional information on this matter. 

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18 

Hey Everyone!

Our team is still working on implementing a longterm fix for syncing with Android devices on Pie (9.0). 

For the background syncing issue, I have posted an update in the other floated thread which you can find here

We released Fitbit for Android version 2.80 today which contains improvements for that syncing issue. 

I'll make sure to keep you all updated with more information, as soon as I have it available. We're still working on this and I really appreciate everyone's patience. 

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hey everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. We are aware of the issue and working with Google on a solution.

I will continue to provide updates here, so keep an eye on this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 9/10/18 

Hi, everybody! 

Thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on improving syncing for those on Android Pie (9.0). They are actively working on this and for the time being, I recommend you keep the Fitbit app updated on the latest version for best syncing results. Right now that is version 2.78, so if you're not on this version please update! Also, another troubleshoot we recommend is performing a restart on your phone. 

When there are more improvements made in the future I'll announce them here. Stay tuned and subscribed to this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 8/19/18

We have escalated these syncing issues for those who are now using Android Pie (9.0) to our team for investigation. There aren't any updates at the moment, but rest assured we will keep you informed in this thread when more information is available.

Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 8/11/18 

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

Seems like many of you who updated to Android Pie (9.0) are now having trouble syncing your Fitbit trackers. I'm going to escalate this to our team so they can look into it.

In the meantime, please update the Fitbit app to version 2.76.1 if you haven't yet. Let me know if that changes the syncing behavior. Please follow this thread for updates. I'll keep you all posted here! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
2,479 REPLIES 2,479

I second that.. Neither the new Fitbit app is syncing in my Pixel2 nor in my old Samsung A7 which has an older version of Android.

Best Answer

Hi i have the same problem.  If you find the solution, please put it here 🙂

Thanks

Best Answer

I will. I don't see that happening for a little while. You would think since they know it's not compatible with pie 9.0 and there are quite a bit of complaints they would have an answer as to how quick they will fix it. I can't believe they haven't come up with a program to fix it already. That makes me upset since the Fitbit isn't exactly cheep

Best Answer

Let @fitbitSupport know on Twitter how ridiculous the situation is.. @Fitbit as well #publicflogging may get a fix

Best Answer

Still not working even after I updated the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a One Fitbit.  I uninstalled and re-installed Fitbit software, didn't help.  It seems my Bluetooth sees the One is available, but does not connect, just keeps spinning.  I've also tried restarting the Fitbit, that didn't help either.  Thanks for looking into issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
We go forward not move back. I bought a pixel 2 XL for new technology. I
have expectations when i buy something expensive, like a fitbit.
Best Answer

What is hard to understand about expecting fitbit to deliver a working product? 

Best Answer

I'd be more annoyed if we didn't have a way to work around this issue, I'm quite happy now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Won't sync steps, calories or show heart rate since phone update August 12/18...tried re-installing app, restarting phone and restarting Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Reset device reinstall app..downgrade to an older version..Nothing seems to
work..
Wonder if Fitbit is actually listening to its customers worldwide...
Best Answer

After restarting phone & Fitbit I reinstalled app...everything synced correctly (steps, calories, heart beat) then reverted to zero.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cam2015 wrote:

Won't sync steps, calories or show heart rate since phone update August 12/18...tried re-installing app, restarting phone and restarting Fitbit.

After restarting phone & Fitbit I reinstalled app...everything synced correctly (steps, calories, heart beat) then reverted to zero.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic watch is not working with Pixel XL, and Pixel 2 XL even if you use Oreo or Pie. Waiting fix from support also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After resetting Network and re-pairing, do you see your active heart rate?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, don't see active heart rate.......only see everything on Dashboard if I log into fitbit.com. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those who are still experiencing syncing difficulties with Android 9.0 and the Fitbit app, this has been escalated for investigation. When I receive more information, I will provide an update here.

Some of you have brought up the other issue with heart rate, steps, and calories not showing inside the Fitbit app dashboard. That issue is being tracked separately here: App 2.76.1: steps/calories revert to zero, no live HR. Please follow/subscribe to that thread if you are also experiencing this.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When is this app going to be fixed, it's annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to hear, mine stopped syncing 11th Aug

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm running Oreo on a Moto X4. My OS and Fitbit app are up-to-date. Alas, the mobile app appears [at first glance] to fail to update. Upon closer examination, I see that the HR and sleep data is updated in the mobile app. Step data do not appear in the mobile. HOWEVER, all of these data are available/accurate through the webUI.

So, although it's unfortunate that the app is misbehaving, I'm happy to see that my data is being sync'd to "the cloud" (vomit). For future reference, is anyone able to state [with reasonable certitude/authority] how many days of data the Charge 2 HR is able to store? At some point, the device will run out of memory/storage for metrics. At that time, I imagine that the device will round-robin (FIFO) the data. Anyone? Bueller?

Best Answer
0 Votes