Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.0 (Pie) not able to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/6/19

Hello everyone! 

We have some updated troubleshooting suggestions we'd like for all of you on Android Pie (9.0) to try. 

First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your Fitbit device and Android 9.0 OS. We're still researching and testing out long-term solutions to this ongoing syncing issue. We thank you for all your patience while we continue to work on this effort.

Fitbit Update: 2/14/19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your reports and patience with these Android 9.0 syncing difficulties. We’re aware of this ongoing issue and have been working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track as soon as possible. 

I'll let you know if I receive any additional information on this matter. 

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18 

Hey Everyone!

Our team is still working on implementing a longterm fix for syncing with Android devices on Pie (9.0). 

For the background syncing issue, I have posted an update in the other floated thread which you can find here

We released Fitbit for Android version 2.80 today which contains improvements for that syncing issue. 

I'll make sure to keep you all updated with more information, as soon as I have it available. We're still working on this and I really appreciate everyone's patience. 

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hey everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. We are aware of the issue and working with Google on a solution.

I will continue to provide updates here, so keep an eye on this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 9/10/18 

Hi, everybody! 

Thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on improving syncing for those on Android Pie (9.0). They are actively working on this and for the time being, I recommend you keep the Fitbit app updated on the latest version for best syncing results. Right now that is version 2.78, so if you're not on this version please update! Also, another troubleshoot we recommend is performing a restart on your phone. 

When there are more improvements made in the future I'll announce them here. Stay tuned and subscribed to this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 8/19/18

We have escalated these syncing issues for those who are now using Android Pie (9.0) to our team for investigation. There aren't any updates at the moment, but rest assured we will keep you informed in this thread when more information is available.

Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 8/11/18 

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

Seems like many of you who updated to Android Pie (9.0) are now having trouble syncing your Fitbit trackers. I'm going to escalate this to our team so they can look into it.

In the meantime, please update the Fitbit app to version 2.76.1 if you haven't yet. Let me know if that changes the syncing behavior. Please follow this thread for updates. I'll keep you all posted here! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
2,479 REPLIES 2,479

Im having the same problem with heart rate but am still on 8.0

Best Answer

I'm running the latest version of the Fitbit software on my Pixel 2 XL, under Android 9, and it did not resolve the sync issue with my Zip device. Ready the throw it out the window.

Best Answer

No, the latest Fitbit software does not resolve the issue. Still cannot sync with my Pixel 2 XL, Android 9 phone.

Best Answer

No, the latest Fitbit software does not resolve the issue. Still cannot sync with my Pixel 2 XL, Android 9 phone. What does seem to temporarily work is when the Fitbit app is "looking" for the device, switch to the Bluetooth settings and attempt to pair with the device, in my case a Zip tracker. Then switch back. May need to do it  more than once. Worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How exactly did you downgrade toeh the older version of the fitbit app? I
have been looking and can't find it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I took the advice & downloaded the older version of the app on my backup
fone Samsung A7
Did a reboot to the device
Now the sync of steps is happening
But it's a temporary fix

Downgrade to previous version of apps find here

https://fitbit.en.uptodown.com/android/old

On my Pixel2 Android 9 nothing seems to work so have disabled the Fitbit
app there comes up a solution from the Fitbit team..

Hope Fitbit finds some solution soon !!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Went through all the steps... have all the latest updates... still not syncing... ☹

Best Answer

Hi:

I just confirmed I am on version 2.76.1 (20213305), and August 10th was the last day that my Pixel (1) was able to sync my Zip to the app. Whe I attempt to sync, the spinning gif spins but no updates to the app.

Thanks!
~Brian

Best Answer

Thanks for the information about escalating the syncing issue. I did recently update the app and immediately noticed that it would zero out the steps when I forced it to sync, but then show them and most other stats.  Just noticed tonight that my app is only showing my resting heart rate, not fat burn or cardio rates.  The Ionic is showing that data.  Looking forward to a swift fix. 

Best Answer

In fact my Samsung 9+ doesn't even find the Charge HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was the 2.76.1 version of the app tested on Android 9 (P) before release? Syncing device data is obviously an essential functionality.

Best Answer

I posted a few days ago that I was also having sync problems.  I have the original Pixel and my phone did NOT update to the new Android 9.0 (Pie).  My problems started happening when the FitBit app updated.  I don't know if this will help the developers pinpoint the issue, but it is not all Pie related.  Cake maybe, but not pie.

Best Answer

My husband and I also updated our Pixels to Android P and we are having the same issue with our FitBit One. It would be great if FitBit would update the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated to 2.76.1 and it still doesn't sync even if I have all day sync and always connected on.  It tells me it 'can't find the tracker' or that 'your sync is scheduled and will start soon' and asks if I want to dismiss.  This happens all day long and then I will check one more time, usually between 10-11 pm and it syncs immediately.  So basically once a day.  Please help.

Best Answer
So far, my phone (and any other device I have downloaded the app to) has found an extraordinary number of ways to NOT recognize, locate, or sync to my Fitbit One. It seems that once I find a work-around, "The One" comes up with a new, even more evil way to not be found. It is so irritating for such a supposedly simple device, and it ensures that I will never buy another Fitbit branded tracker. At this point, I wish it would just die, its little legs in the air, never to show any sign of life, ever again. But, because it is so perfect for my needs, I keep trying. Good luck with your issues, I feel your pain.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times and my flex still will not sync.  The tracker is undetectable.

Best Answer

The problem since both Pie and the Fitbit updates is that it won't hold the Bluetooth connection. If I manually pair it as a new device, it will sync... but only once. Have to re-pair any time I want updated data. Royal pain.

Best Answer

I used to use my pixel 2 as my tracker and it worked great with your app. With Android 9 it no longer counts steps .

Best Answer

This worked with my Zip

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did the pixel update and cannot sync followed up with the Fitbit update and still having problem

Best Answer