Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.0 (Pie) not able to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/6/19

Hello everyone! 

We have some updated troubleshooting suggestions we'd like for all of you on Android Pie (9.0) to try. 

First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your Fitbit device and Android 9.0 OS. We're still researching and testing out long-term solutions to this ongoing syncing issue. We thank you for all your patience while we continue to work on this effort.

Fitbit Update: 2/14/19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your reports and patience with these Android 9.0 syncing difficulties. We’re aware of this ongoing issue and have been working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track as soon as possible. 

I'll let you know if I receive any additional information on this matter. 

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18 

Hey Everyone!

Our team is still working on implementing a longterm fix for syncing with Android devices on Pie (9.0). 

For the background syncing issue, I have posted an update in the other floated thread which you can find here

We released Fitbit for Android version 2.80 today which contains improvements for that syncing issue. 

I'll make sure to keep you all updated with more information, as soon as I have it available. We're still working on this and I really appreciate everyone's patience. 

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hey everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. We are aware of the issue and working with Google on a solution.

I will continue to provide updates here, so keep an eye on this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 9/10/18 

Hi, everybody! 

Thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on improving syncing for those on Android Pie (9.0). They are actively working on this and for the time being, I recommend you keep the Fitbit app updated on the latest version for best syncing results. Right now that is version 2.78, so if you're not on this version please update! Also, another troubleshoot we recommend is performing a restart on your phone. 

When there are more improvements made in the future I'll announce them here. Stay tuned and subscribed to this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 8/19/18

We have escalated these syncing issues for those who are now using Android Pie (9.0) to our team for investigation. There aren't any updates at the moment, but rest assured we will keep you informed in this thread when more information is available.

Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 8/11/18 

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

Seems like many of you who updated to Android Pie (9.0) are now having trouble syncing your Fitbit trackers. I'm going to escalate this to our team so they can look into it.

In the meantime, please update the Fitbit app to version 2.76.1 if you haven't yet. Let me know if that changes the syncing behavior. Please follow this thread for updates. I'll keep you all posted here! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
2,479 REPLIES 2,479

Mchaseortiz, your workaround (syncing then switching to settings and connecting in the blueBluet menu) worked for me until the most recent Fitbit app update. Now my zip doesn't show up at all in devices that can be paired. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday there's a message on my phone about an OS update has downloaded, do you want to install? Living dangerously I choose yes.

It turns out to just be an Oreo update to 8.1, not v9. 

Best Answer

Unless you're using a Pixel phone or an Essential phone you don't have to be concerned about getting Pie.

I'm guessing you're using a Samsung phone which will probably get Pie in about 3 or 4 months from now (maybe).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issues with my One tracker, but it has been going on for months. All of a sudden, it will start working again, but once my phone starts prompting "unable to find tracker", or it reports "Bluetooth issues, please restart your Bluetooth", I know I am history. Randomly, and maybe a day or two later, it will suddenly reconnect and it may update normally for a day or two. And then it starts it's same prompts, and it won't connect. All my other Bluetooth devices are working fine. I have done all the requisite attempts, such as deleting the app on the phone, reloading it, trying it on my laptop, with no luck. What the heck goes on? Is there any known correction to this problem available under the sun? Is it because they no longer make the One tracker? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A "me too" on this.  I have a Pixel 2 and a Fitbit One with app version 2.76.1, and @mchaceortiz's method works for me: start sync in the Fitbit app, switch to BT pairing settings, try to pair with the Fitbit, then immediately switch back to the Fitbit app.  30-60 seconds later the sync completes successfully.  Annoying, but better than nothing until the Fitbit team can give us a proper fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE #3:

- the yesterday's data has magically appeared in the app but today's steps and caloriae data is still 0;

- app updated this early morning but nothing fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just like everyone else, I'm experiencing issues syncing the device data with the Fitbit app after Android Pie upgrade.

Pixel 2 (Android 9.0)

Fitbit App (2.76.1)

Fitbit Zip (Firmware 5.90)

I have tried the workarounds described in this thread, w/o any luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My workaround is still going strong for me. No sync issues since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the bunch. This is frustrating. Fitbit app on Android is so incredibly inconsistent when it comes to syncing. 

I updated to Android 9 too and on latest Fitbit app and I stopped getting live heart rate tracking which j rely heavily for my treadmill and elliptical bike sessions.

Fitbit, fix this now. 

Best Answer

Hey all. 

I downgraded to Fitbit app 2.74.2 and seems to me working on Pixel 2/Android 9. 

Best Answer

Awesome - thanks so much. Remind us how to downgrade to the earlier version? Myself, I'm not that savvy. 

Clearly Fitbit's app and some unit types' firmware are not on the same page - would be great if they would acknowledge and let us know who owns the fix and when we'll see it.

According to my Fitbit stats, I haven't moved for several days, yet walked 2 miles on the treadmill at the highest incline and had an average bpm of 116 (which for me is a significant increase in my level of fitness). Meanwhile, according to my Fitbit dashboard, I'm dead, Jim.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what I noticed, too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Answering my own question - I found one at Softpedia. Just search. I can't paste the link, as it isn't allowed by the community policy here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To downgrade:

• uninstall Fitbit app (you must do this. install on top of current one won't work for some reason)
  • get older Fitbit app you want from the internet. there are sites for it. (this is not letting me type the links!! dumb)
  • tap to install. you'll need to confirm security settings for it to install properly as you are installing an app outside the play store.
  • *important* disable auto updates on app store, otherwise it will overwrite older version with latest whenever it can. And remember to turn this back on whenever all this is resolved.

I tried 2.74.2 and seems to be working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, everyone!

This syncing issue for those of you who updated to Android Pie (9.0) has been escalated for investigation. Rest assured, our team will look into this but in the meantime, I appreciate everyone's patience. 

Some of you mentioned not seeing your steps in the Fitbit app after syncing, this issue is being tracked separately here: App version 2.76.1: steps, calories revert to zero after syncing

Please follow along there for updates! Thank you for your cooperation. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no syncing issue but there is a problem to display synced data (steps, cals).

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not a Android p issue  My wife is still on o with a s9 and has the same issue. Please tell them that so they don't waste time fixing this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing. Still bugs. No heartbeat on my heart rate, cheating out of my steps and why they update ot anyways? It was fine how it was. Is there anyway I can go back to how it was?

ANITA GORDON
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with me also. No heart beat at all and that's why I bought this tracker. I'm so dissatisfied.  

ANITA GORDON
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit has not synced since the 10th August, i uninstalled/reinstalled the app with the update and that didn't work. I have just tried to re-pairing my device with the app, the app finds the tracker but the pairing fails ........ When will this all be fixed?????

Also it is not an Android 9 problem as i am still running 8!!!

Best Answer