Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875
Thank you! Wish the customer service representative had known about this
and told me they were working on it.
Best Answer

Thank you for the information. I have a Charge 5 and am having the same issue. Glad to hear it will be fixed in the next update. Hopefully that will be soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. Also, when looking at nutrients for the day, the totals are in the thousands and tens of thousands, as if they are being combined for many days. Some days the totals seem correct in nutrients.  Also will not accept the weight I input. It keeps changing it to something else. Have logged out, updated, turned off phone, etc.

Best Answer

Whenever I try to enter a custom food, the serving size defaults to 1 bar, regardless of what custom serving size I set it to. Had someone encountered this before and is there a fix? This is very annoying. 

Best Answer

Lizzy, thanks for the acknowledgement.

I'm surprised given the number of posts on this thread, the issue seems to be widespread, and had listed over a month.

Any chance we could get an estimate on when this next release may come out that night fix these issues?

Best Answer

Hello @BlueFury 

I’m wondering if your experiencing the same issues that are being described here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-app-not-tracking-food-and-calories-intake/m-p/515... If it is apparently it’s a known issue at this time and being addressed by the Fitbit team. 
😉 I hope pointing you in the possible right direction helps

Best Answer

I don't think it's the same issue, i've had the issue described in that post for a while, but just yesterday started getting the issue described by OP, where all newly registered custom food in the app is saved as "1 bar", and won't show up properly when registered.

Best Answer

The food calories in vs out was working fine, until about 1 week ago (from 5/28.2022). During the day it adds the calories in, work fine. However, when I check the next day, the calories in shows as 0 at the top, and also for the "bar" that reflects in vs out. Don't know what happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am really fed up and will cancel my membership. The calories logging is very important for me and I am disappointed this issue has not been dealt with, which seems to be happening a long time now.
My Sense is updated and I have tried all the fixes they provided. It also happened with the Inspire 2.
Clearly there is something wrong with the programming.
It does not last six hours either. I have done all the research. They said when the upgrade for the Sense launched it will fix the problem, it did not. I am using a Samsung S22.
I will switch, really 😡 upset. Consumers are hostages!

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

Pretty disappointed with how long this fix is taking.. I did end up uninstalling and reinstalling the app which has worked, but I've seen it potentially won't last long. PLEASE prioritize this, I've only seen the "this affects me too" number rise over the last week.

Best Answer

When will this be fixed? Seriously annoying 🤬

Best Answer

I forgot about the weight part.  It changes mine too.  I step on my scale, it updates to that and then a little while later it changes it. So weird!

Best Answer

I just started using Fitbit to log my food and it worked fine for the first 2 days and after that I started having the same issues. Did the force quit, reboot etc to no avail. I too thought it was because of quick add calories so I deleted and added foods from the database, still not calculating daily in/budget correctly. When is the fix release coming? Not sure how long I can or want to wait.

Update: Decided to buy LoseIt premium, my weight loss goals are too important to wait for a fix 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any estimate on when we can expect the updated app version?

This is becoming very cumbersome and difficult to keep tracking calories and never knowing if it's really calculating correctly. I have to manually keep track of everything, which kind of defeats the point of using the FitBit App.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for every step tried on your own, as well as the screenshots provided. I understand where you're coming from about not able to track your details correctly, and apologize for this inconvenience. As you may know, this has been escalated to our team and they're working hard to bring a solution to all our affected members. Currently we don't have a time frame; however, let me recommend keeping the Fitbit app updated as some bug fixes are released through updates.

Your feedback and patience are truly appreciated, rest assured they haven't gone unnoticed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Inspire2 linked to my Android over a year now.  This week it's no longer updating calorie intake when I enter my meals.  And it isn't reflecting the recent foods I have entered, only what foods I ate last week.  There aren't any system updates needed.  Anyone else have this issue?

Best Answer

I am here to add another to the list of impacted users. My app has cleared out multiple days of food logging, which, by the way, is not always convenient to do. It is especially frustrating when entering full custom food items. And even more frustrating because I've only recently (2 weeks ago) decided to start logging my food again. This is now my primary function on the ap and its failing me.

As a side note, it may or may not work better with scanned foods vs custom meals. so far I think it gets messed up when I add a pre-made custom meal. This is just my experience over the last day or two. Going back to frustration, now i have to enter ever component of my salad or home-made food. bummer. 

Best Answer

Same thing happened to mine. Even re entered information, nothing 

Best Answer

I signed out and back in and it erased the last week plus of food data.  This issue is getting worse and I'm about to switch brands.  It's ridiculous. 

Best Answer
I agree, mine now stopped syncing my text and calls on top of not tracking
accurately.
I will never buy a fit bit product again.
Best Answer