Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashes when accessing app gallery/clock faces - RESOLVED w/2.75

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 7/26

Hi, everyone!

I have a great update for you all. Today we released the Fitbit for Android app, version 2.75. This app version resolves the app gallery/clock faces crash. Please update the app! Once you've updated, please let me know if you're still experiencing an app crash. 

Thanks so much for patiently waiting while we worked on and released the fix. We're always striving to improve the Fitbit app experience and your feedback is always appreciated. 

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for reporting this app crash with Android that started with 2.72 and is now still happening on 2.73. I'd like to inform you all that this has been escalated to our team for investigation. 

To help us investigate, if you could please provide the following it would help us out:

• Phone you're using (Samsung Galaxy S8) 
  • The Android OS your phone is running (Ex. 4.4.4)
  • App version you are on (current version is 2.73)

Thanks so much for your help and patience! Smiley Happy

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
80 REPLIES 80

Facing same problem frequently. Now watch is without clock

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm actually experiencing the same exact problems now. Not only does it crash every time I try to do something, exercise in any form is being recorded as wrong or incorrect (my 25 minute walk was calculated as a bike ride???) 😞 

This is becoming very frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I upgraded phone and continued to get same errors until I received an update to the app. All is (mostly) well now … some weird stuff continues to happen, as others have reported here ("no internet connection" message; clock faces displaying incorrectly). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you go back to a different app version? I'm having same issues w mine .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Dreuuh this is exactly what I want Fitbit to answer and provide support.  There is a site:https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=fitbit

That has Fitbit versions to download and "sideload" to your phone.  The site seems legitimate but without Fitibit's explicit verification we can only hope.  I did down load the prior version and it seems to be fine.  

The basic steps are to find and download to your to your phone a compatible version.  If you have an android you'll need to change the settings to allow installation of apps from other than the app store.  On my android that was under Settings and then Security & Screen lock.  I had to check the option "Unknown Sources".   Using another app called ES File Explorer, I found the download under Downloads and selected it.  It gave me the option to install which I did.  I probably uninstalled the non working version first.  There are lots of sites that can give better instructions on how to sideload an app.

Hope this help and I hope Fitbit begins to realize how ridiculous it is for a user to be doing this support and not them.

Best Answer
There is actually an update.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  My system works fine now. 

Thanks Fitbit.  At least for my phone your fix corrected the issue.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
Best Answer
0 Votes
Was already having many problems with the app. Uninstalled and
re-installed, now it won't even open at all. Extremely disappointed. This
is so frustrating and NOT a good experience for my first Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung Galaxy S 5 Active

OS Version 6.0.1

Update 2.73

Keeps crashing and sometimes says "Fitbit has stopped Working". Cannot log food data or anything and I have had my Versa for only a week.

Best Answer

Its honestly a new problem. I noticed i didn't have this issue until i update my phone this week and since then everything has stopped working for my versa on the apps - it won't record my workout ssessions, my walks, my food or sleep cycles. I did notice i can do it online, just an extra step and I'm making aure to use my versa for the workout sessions [just wish my Bluetooth would connect to the versa to hear the instructions].. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank u! No downloaded ver2.72 and have been working great since!

Best Answer
0 Votes

An update? Which version are you on w the update? I was on 2.74 and still had issues.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since trying to change the clock face on 7/6/18, my app crashes every time I try using it. I have an HTC One version 7, OS 6.23.651.10, and app version 2.73.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just started doing this today.  The app keeps closing every time I access it or want to change my clock face.  So annoying! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using Samsung S8. my app version is 32.32.10.15. I haven't been able to sync my app with my watch since Sunday. It started out as certain exercises' calories not being captured. Then when i tried to change my clock face app just hangs and crashes and never changes the clock and lastly it completely stopped working on sunday. so far only logs the steps taken but no sleep data no workout data etc. I am in a fix as I just a bought a versa to replace my charge 2 and it had no problems for over 2 years. Someone please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received an update to 2.74.1. My notifications are back and the app no longer crashes. We will see if this truly fixes the issue, but I'm optimistic.

Best Answer

omg it works yay!! thank u for replying:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ my fitbic Ionic keeps crashing, won't upgrade and that battery drains in less than a day. Very frustrated....

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app works today after downloading the update, but it still won't sync with my Versa. Appears to be an issue with the Bluetooth connection, though following the instructions to fix it hasn't done anything yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter.

Be sure to try and download the new update, or uninstall and then reinstall the app again. Some users have reported that it has helped with some of the issues described in here. 

As for syncing issues, be sure to check these troubleshooting steps in case you haven't.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a oneplus 3 and a one plus5 running Oxygen)S version 5.03 neither one lets me download the new firmware version and clock interface crashes. I real problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes