Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashes when accessing app gallery/clock faces - RESOLVED w/2.75

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 7/26

Hi, everyone!

I have a great update for you all. Today we released the Fitbit for Android app, version 2.75. This app version resolves the app gallery/clock faces crash. Please update the app! Once you've updated, please let me know if you're still experiencing an app crash. 

Thanks so much for patiently waiting while we worked on and released the fix. We're always striving to improve the Fitbit app experience and your feedback is always appreciated. 

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for reporting this app crash with Android that started with 2.72 and is now still happening on 2.73. I'd like to inform you all that this has been escalated to our team for investigation. 

To help us investigate, if you could please provide the following it would help us out:

• Phone you're using (Samsung Galaxy S8) 
  • The Android OS your phone is running (Ex. 4.4.4)
  • App version you are on (current version is 2.73)

Thanks so much for your help and patience! Smiley Happy

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
80 REPLIES 80
Unfortunately the new update is not fixing the issue. The app keeps
crashing or goes back to home page when trying to access clock faces or
apps gallery.
Please keep us posted
Best Answer

The update fixed my app, but it will only sync with my Versa when the Versa is charging. Yeah, I don't get it either, but that's the only way they'll talk to one another.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a tablet with an oldr version of fitbit app. 2.69.
I did a sync between my tablet and the watch and all is working fine.
As soon as i use my phone with the newer version of fitbit app 2.73, i have
same problem i origionally posted about.
Fit bit tried telling me my phone was incompatible after a successful 9
months of usage. I did not respond favorably to that--at all as ypu can
imagine.
I then asked if i could back-rev my phone fitbit app... fitbit told me no.
WOW.
Undeniably, the company has doesn`t have a problem dumping out flawed
software
An pissing of a very large customer base.
Jeep the unified pressure on for a fix and dont go buying a new phone.
Best Answer
well said
Best Answer

Since this is classified as an Android problem, perhaps related to having an unsupported phone, I'm wondering if I could get around it by using Windows 10 app, just for changing clock face and/or loading apps.  I have Windows 10 on desktop, but without bluetooth.  But USB bluetooth 4.0 adapters go for only about $10.  I'm considering trying that for $10 rather than several hundred dollars for a new phone.  My phone still syncs, but just crashes for clock faces and apps on Ionic/Versa.

Has anybody tried this as a work-around?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I too crazy when trying to change my clock face.  Also my app doesn't always sync.  App version 2.74.2  phone HTC. Android version 8.0.0

Hope you can fix this... I'm dissapointed that this happens.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I started this post and wanted to share what I believe was my original
issue. I believe the issues with the update were due to my DSL internet
connection. I did receive a new fitbit and had the same problems updating
it. I updated it via 4G at 4am and think it might have worked because
there was less traffic. I also purchased a new phone (pixel) and
everything works great. My previous phone was 4.5 years old. I believe
both of those might have contributed to the issue but still not sure.
Either way, it's working great now and I love my new Ionic!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a less than one week old Versa - updated to latest version of Op system after purchase.

Try to sync to samsung galaxy s7 - last updated was on 6/24/18 using Samsung Experience 9.0 upgrade with Android Oreo. Also updated PRL, etc this week.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the FitBit app 4x so far, in addition to restarting the Versa.  I continue to have problems with bluetooth "finding" the Versa.  I have turned bluetooth off and back on on both devices.  I've made sure the bluetooth is turned off on my tablet and the television and my Bedside bluetooth speaker.   It works for a day or two, then I have to start this process all over again!

Also, the FitBit app (?) has "lost" the wireless information several times, requiring a new set up and new password input.  

Frustrated and ready to return to exchange for another Charge2 which gave be NONE of these problems. (It's just not as "pretty" as the Versa)

Best Answer
Yes, I've successfully updated from windows 10.
Best Answer
Creative.
Give it a shot. If it works, i am sure you would be a hit with many a
dedicated fitbit/android users.
Best Answer

Hi, I got same issue with 2.74.2 on an android 6.0 : when trying  to access clocks or apps, it comes back to previous screen.

It works ok on two others android 7.0 devices.

Note tht clocks/apps screen does not even display at all on android 4.3 (samsung galaxy s3) using fitbit 2.51 (not able to get higher one), which is still my main phone, and was working perfect with pebble app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I  change clock face to show date & day of week?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

Some of what might be happening might because the phones are not on the supported devices list, or don't fulfill the minimum requirements, as such there is a possibility that issues like this might be happening. The minimum requirements being Android 4.4+ and Bluetooth 4.0.

If that is the case for you, please try to use a different device. Windows 10, iOS device or an Android phone that is on the list.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jbailey252 wrote:

How do I  change clock face to show date & day of week?

Which Fitbit model?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, everyone!

I have a great update for you all. Today we released the Fitbit for Android app, version 2.75. This app version resolves the app gallery/clock faces crash. Please update the app! Once you've updated, please let me know if you're still experiencing an app crash. 

Thanks so much for patiently waiting while we worked on and released the fix. We're always striving to improve the Fitbit app experience and your feedback is always appreciated. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi, I downloaded the latest app last night for my new fitbit versa. I am having the same problem when I try to access the clock or app gallery. My OS is 5.0.1 on a lenova tablet.

Best Answer
My Versa and HTC One still only sync while the Versa is charging. I don't get any other connectivity. Seems to be a Bluetooth issue that's ongoing (except while the Versa charges, for some reason).
Best Answer

With new Android app version, I was able to easily change clock face on Versa, which I could not do before.

When I first clicked on 'Clock Faces' tile, I got message "Oops. Looks like there's no internet connection." but that message went away in a few seconds and then continued with no problems..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnnyRow Hi! Thanks for letting me know this last app version has helped with some of the difficulty you were experiencing with clock faces. 

@Christiaan25 Hey! That's really interesting. Have you tried out our troubleshooting suggestions yet? Please give them a shot and let me know if this issue continues. 

@Joy- Hello! Nice to hear from you here on the Community forums. Are you still experiencing any app crashes with version 2.75? If so, please let me know the steps to reproduce the crash so I can look into this some more. Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit I've tried the troubleshooting issues. It still only syncs while it's charging and can't seem to find a Bluetooth connection while not charging. I'm going to chalk this up to an old phone and just rely on syncing it while charging.

Best Answer
0 Votes