Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
417 REPLIES 417

A new update was pushed through, got it December 1st 2023.

Cleared out the app, cache and all settings then reinstalled as a fresh app. Still cant edit my exercises on my Pixel 7 Pro

The keyboard will not pop up and so I have no way to enter the exercise type.

Best Answer
If they pushed through a new version. I didn’t get it. Closed out the app and turned off my phone. Rebooted everything and still the same lack of functionality to change exercise type. Nothing looks different to me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Still no activity update capability on my Samsung s22 but the battery
percentage now shows in the top left of the screen! A baby step forward.

If the ability to update isn't restored I will also switch my allegiance to
a non-fitbit device.
Best Answer

Yes same here, I prefer to stick with Fitbit but not if they can’t get this sorted soon. 

Best Answer

I'm using an iPhone as well.  Everything is categorized as "walk" and I can't edit that.  I can only edit start and finish times.  I did an intense 30 minute aerobic workout including "step." Previously, it would auto recognize aerobic with no problem.  Oh well, at least I got some miles in. NOT!!!!

Best Answer

When are they going to get this issue fixed? Also, if you do add it in under the correct name and delete the wrong named one, it doesn’t register the heart zones graph which is very important in exercise.
   Not to mention that…The old graph was better AND easier to read as it let one know if they were in CARDIO, PEAK or FAT BURN which is more important to a lot of us depending on type of exercise we are doing and let’s us know whether to kick it up or down to stay in preferred zone. Telling me vigorous, etc. doesn’t tell me where I am…or whether I need to change speed up or down to stay in whatever zone…

----

I have the iPhone 14 pro and the app is not working right. I haven’t even had this phone a year yet…

Best Answer

Thanks for reporting this!

It is so frustrating to have rowed for 40 min only to have the app say I was swimming! 
Ugh! Please bring back the edit function!!!!!

Apple Watch here I come … 

Best Answer

I know!! And they don’t seem to care, nor willing to change it back to the old functionality 🥲

Best Answer

Same problem with my iPhone 14. I Can't edit any activities and the auto sense never figures out my workouts correctly. For instance, it just categorized my 2-mi. walk around my neighborhood as being on the elliptical - extra frustrating since I started the walk by manually choosing "run" so I could use GPS tracking. So it appears that not only did my Fitbit override my selection but now I can edit either.

I have an iPhone 14 and I have not been able to edit any workouts for anything other than time and duration since the new app was introduced. And today, it overrode my chose of run and claimed I was on an elliptical. I have never even been on an elliptical!

Best Answer

I also have this issue. Edit function doesn’t even bring up anything I can click to change the activity type. It logged my piano playing as Outdoor Bike lol! 
Recently got a Fitbit Luxe like 4 days ago. Fitbit app is 4.04. Running the new app on iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16.0.3. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m still having the same problem. Does anybody know if this has been fixed?

Best Answer

I did a 5K in October and it categorized it as an elliptical. I had to go to the website to edit it because of this issue in the update. So far the only way to change it is on the website. I saw where someone commented back in September that they were not fixing this issue because they claim it's what the customers wanted. Clearly no one is monitoring this issue because that was their last reply on this thread. 

Best Answer

I could have sworn that, a couple of days ago, I couldn't edit on the website either.  But today, I notice the edit "pencil" next to activity, so I guess I'll use that for now until this is fixed, if ever it is fixed.

Best Answer

The edit pencil only lets me edit time and duration, not exercise type.

Best Answer
Time to start a new thread
Best Answer

It doesn’t seem it is being fixed…

I fear also this is not being solved…🥲

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured it out!!  Cryptic!!  To edit the wrong “auto detected” exercise, Don’t click on the pencil, click on the 3 vertical dots. Choose “manage data”. On the next page click on “exercise” under “activity”. Much of the next page is about deleting your data but find and click on the words that say “Review Your Data”. From there the page is the old edit page and you’ll know how to proceed. 

Best Answer

OMG you did!!!! THANK YOU! Fitbit owes you a consulting fee!

Best Answer

That options don't show up on the android application. Only the website fitbit.com/activities 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to do this in the iPhone app!

Best Answer