Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Galaxy Note 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know when Fitbit will include the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 on its compatible list?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

This is unacceptable. Now it's time to switch to 🍎 

Best Answer
I've had numerous Samsung Galaxy phones and was never unable to connect my
Fitbit devices. I've been using a Note 10 the past year and my Versa 2
paired and connected to the Note 10 just fine. A few days ago, I got a
Galaxy S20 - 5G and was able to connect my Versa 2 to it.

FYI, I unpaired my Versa 2 from the Fitbit app on the Note 10 and
uninstalled the Fitbit app from the Note 10. I then installed the Fitbit
app on my S20 and went through the setup procedure for my Versa 2 on my
S20. I was able to pair and connect the Versa 2 to the Fitbit app on my S20.

I recommend that you unpair your Fitbit device from the Fitbit
app on your Note 10 and uninstall the app. Then, reinstall the Fitbit app
and go through the setup procedure on your phone for your Fitbit device,
i.e., treat it as a new installation.

Hope this helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that..no success
Best Answer

Did that. No success.

Best Answer

Yes, Samsung phones have not been on Fitbit's compatibility list for some time.  Nonetheless, I've never had a problem connecting my numerous Fitbit devices (currently, a Versa 2) to Samsung phones, including the Note 10 and my most recent S20-5G.  It's hard for me to understand why other Fitbit device owners haven't been able to connect to Samsung phones when I've been able to do it. Try calling Fitbit technical support and see what they say about this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hmmm, don't understand why it didn't work for you. I've had no problem over
the years connecting my numerous Fitbit devices (currently, Versa 2) to my
various Samsung phones, including the Note 10 and my recent S20-5G. Have
you tried calling Fitbit technical support?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't understand why it didn't work for you. I've had no problem
connecting my Versa 2 to my Note 10 and my now S20-5G. Over the years.,
I've been able to connect my numerous Fitbit devices to my various Samsung
phones even though Samsung phones are not on Fitbit's compatibility list.
Have you tried calling Fitbit technical support?
Best Answer

I have called Customer Support twice and twice I have been told that since the Samsung Note and Note+ are not the compatability list there is no guarantee that the Charge 3 or any of their models will function properly. They told me until they work on including these phones that the fitbit may work sporadically. That's how mine works if I'm lucky. That's not good enough and I'm strongly doubting that they are working on a fix. As you see I'm not the only one with this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm, am at a loss to explain why my Versa 2 connects to my Note 10 and
Galaxy S20 - 5G.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for your participation in the forums and for sharing your experiences.

Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts, sharing your comments and tips to help other users. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences. For more information about Fitbit-compatible devices see herePlease find the additional tips about using the Fitbit app on your Android phone at What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone?

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also tried for over a year to get my note 10 compatible with my fitbit.  I see there is a new sense and versa 3. I wld love to have them.  When will this phone be compatible 

Best Answer

As indicated in my previous postings, I had no problem connecting and syncing my Versa 2 to my Note 10. Ditto for my new Galaxy S20 5G. Am interested in the new Fitbit Sense. If I decide to buy it, hopefully it will work with my S20.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats wonderful for u but for the rest of us who can't it would be nice to know when note 10 WILL be compatible 

Best Answer

I don't doubt the problem that you and others have had connecting your Fitbit devices to the Note 10.  Nonetheless, I've never had a problem connecting any Fitbit device to a Samsung phone ( including the Note 10). I don't understand what I'm doing differently than anyone else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Our (adult) kids gave my wife and I an older Charge 3 and a brand new Inspire HR Fitbit. We each have Samsung Galaxy phones, a Note 3 and a Note 4. The Fitbit web told us that a Charge 3 requires an Android operating system of OS 5.1 OR HIGHER on its paired phone. That meant that only the Note 4 of our existing phones was compatible and we paired it with the Fitbit Charge 3. Obviously a modern operating system was also required for the new Inspire HR device. We bought a Galaxy Note 10 to pair with the Inspire HR. Cost: close to $700 US.  After days of effort, it became obvious that the Inspire did not consistently work with the Galaxy 10+.  Sometimes it seemed to transmit the required data, but even the time on the device was 4 hours wrong. And the heart beats had no data.  Most of the time it simply failed to pair. I then discovered that the application can be put on a Windows 10 laptop which we have just done. Result: our Fitbit outfitting has caused us to scrap a perfectly good Galaxy 3 phone which can't be paired to any Fitbit and buy an expensive Galaxy 10 phone which we now discover cannot be paired as intended to the new Fitbit.  And during our walks, if I want to check our status, I have to carry my laptop (under my right arm so as not to miss any steps counted by the device on my left wrist). 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sent my fitbit because it didn't pair to any device, oddly it was working
fine before I got the new phone. I may be looking into a new device if it
doesn't work when they send it back to me.
Best Answer

I appreciate your frustration. I wish I had an answer but don't. All I can suggest is that if Fitbit Technical Support can't help, consider getting a Samsung watch that should be able to connect with your Samsung phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand why I've been able to connect my various Fitbit devices to the Samsung phones I've owned while other people haven't been able to do so. That's not to say that I always get accurate results. For instance, the sleep function is problematic. All I can suggest is that if Fitbit Technical Support can't fix the problem, you should consider trying a Samsung watch that should be able to connect to your Samsung phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem is with one particular model of Samsung phone, the Galaxy Note 10+ which is extrememly popular and well served by most apps on the market, but appears to be neglected by Fitbit. We also have a Charge 3 that was set up quickly and effectively last week for use with a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phone. But Fitbit Inspire HR finds that Galaxy Note 4 is too old and that Galaxy Note 10+ is too new. I must admit that, without any additional tinkering by me, my Note 10+ seems to be making adjustments that allow it work (sort of) with my Fitbit Inspire. For example, my Note 10+’s Bluetooth, although paired and connected to my car, to my hearing aids and to any other such device, is unable to find much less connect with Fitbit Inspire. Nevertheless some of the Fitbit data is sneaking into my Note 10+ phone even though its Bluetooth says “no devices found”. Today, with no connection showing, my Samsung Note 10+ picked up my night’s sleep profile, my heart beats during the day and my steps during a 4km walk this afternoon. I hold my phone in my left hand, close to the Fitbit on my left wrist, with no Bluetooth connection showing, yet the data seems to dribble across. Regardless, it is not operating properly (like the Charge 3 workding with a Samsung Note 4 phone).
Best Answer

I just found out about the issues with the versa 2 and note10+. Friend has a note+10 and utilizes the Garmin products and loves it. So I am taking this back and getting a Garmin 

Best Answer