Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation graph is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just noticed that the green and yellow lines have changed and now are all over the place on the graph. All graphs for different days start with a 0:00 hrs. The fluctuations are not at all in line with what I was reading up until today.  Anyone experienced this issue?? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,292 REPLIES 1,292

I might have to agree. I just got the update, and now there is no yellow at all, on any day that I can find. I used to have a few yellow spikes several days a week. That made sense, since I have sleep apnea, and sometimes fall asleep without the CPAP. Now with no yellow at all, it's just as bad as all yellow. Funny most comments here said theirs is back to normal. 

Best Answer

That is my experience exactly. Before the update, I use to have some orange spikes, and now I can't find any, even going back months. This is just as useless as the last update. Sigh. 

Best Answer

How does the Fitbit graph compare to the ring data? 

Best Answer
It doesn't. It seems to match some nights, but it is too inconsistent to
be trusted so far.
Best Answer

My "normal" results consist of some all green o2 results, and some with yellow now - just like I had before Fitbit put thru the update in July.  So, my o2 results are now consistent with what I had before.  

I've only used the new o2 ring for one night, but the info was slightly different.  My Fitbit showed no o2 spikes in the orange range (all green last night, but this only happens a few times/week - I usually have a combination of green and some orange o2 results), but the o2 ring showed my oxygen percentage dipped (slightly) 3x during the night.  It displays lowest oxygen percentage, the average oxygen percentage, and the # of times I had an blood oxygen drop over 4%.  It also shows my pulse rate throughout the night.  While the Fitbit o2 data may give you a general idea of your blood oxygen while you sleep, if you suspect you have sleep apnea, discuss this with your Dr.  I only purchased the o2 ring because I was concerned that my CPAP therapy wasn't as effective as I'd hoped AND the Fitbit o2 display hadn't been corrected yet.  I am a very restless sleeper and some of the stats on my CPAP machine have been increasing.  Between the corrected Fitbit o2 stats and what the new o2 ring is showing, I can confirm that my CPAP therapy IS working for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got a new fitbit and it still has a crazy graph, may have to return.

Best Answer

That's not what's being displayed. It appears to be a smoothed graph of values computed by either the square or magnitude of the variation from a short-term mean value. If they would simply display graphs of maximum and minimum values with some appropriate smoothing, it would have some meaning to users and would be consistent with the display of maximum and minimum values that is displayed on some of the watch faces.

Best Answer

Useless for O2 measurements,  may as well send this new one back 🤔

Best Answer

So glad someone posted this and I finally found it. I got my fitbit two days before graphs went wild. I currently have a sleep study scheduled for next week because of my family history with sleap apnea. Really thought something was severely wrong with me.

Won't hurt to have it done, but glad to know I'm not spending the entire night starved of oxygen either! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I've been sleeping very badly,  I decided to check my night time oxygen levels via the app,  I was shocked  to see they had been very high,  every night, and for a long time.  I was surprised,  as I was pretty sure, even though on the ocassional night,  my levels had been a little bit elevated, I had never noticed how crazily elevated they had been.  This caused me some concern,  so I rang my doctor,  who after waiting for a week for an appointment,  has suggested a referral to the sleep clinic, in order to check for sleep apnea! If the app has had a glitch,  I'd better ring my GP to cancel my referral.  I must say,  I'm very relieved, however,  I'm not sure how pleased my GP will be for wasting their time 🤔

Best Answer

I had the same issue, even went to my doctor lol

Now everything is normal again, the graphs have changed back to how they used to be.

Best Answer

Yes, my Fitbit version on Android has been changed to 3.65 I just noticed and the SPO2 chart is no longer showing with any yellow/orange, now only green and it goes back about 2 weeks at this time. Mine is a Sense watch from April 2022. I'm happy it was finally changed and hopefully corrected. Thank you for working on this issue Lizzy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, the graphs are back to normal now, but I'm honestly not sure if it was such a good idea. Maybe the reason why the graphs were so wild was because the data was unfiltered and raw, without the usual smoothing applied. I'm sure if the SPO2 graph were actually interactive, like it is over at Garmin, it would've made a lot more sense and be a lot less intimidating. But oh well, back to the same old ambiguity and mystery that is Fitbit's SPO2 graph. May it forever be as vague as humanly possible. I would really love to know that the difference between the dotted and the solid line is, or what percentage difference classifies as a 'high' variation but we'll probably never know.

Best Answer
I am pleased that your fitbit is back to normal however mine is not. I
check maybe every other day. I don't know what to trust on the watch now
after all this has happened.

--
*This is not a dress rehearsal*
Best Answer

Got the update..graphs are back to normal... thank goodness! 

Best Answer
Nothing yet for me. Still buggered up.

--
*This is not a dress rehearsal*
Best Answer
Same here, graph back to normal today
Best Answer

This has happened to be too. It was really worrying before I read this forum.  Fitbit need to fix this issue as its serious that they are getting this type of data wrong!  How are we expected to trust the rest of the data now?!

Best Answer
I know... so nerve wrecking
Best Answer

I am happy to report that when I checked today, my oxygen graph finally looks normal. I have looked back at other graphs and they all look better now. I didn't get an update but it  appears it has been fixed (at least for me and some others from what I  am seeing here). Perhaps the correction is happening bit by bit. Hopefully everyone's  will be corrected soon.

Best Answer