Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

Hi, @4aimers welcome, Have you checked out my advice about syncing and compatible phones? In addition, check your Fitbit app in your phone's app tray, look in "Battery" and ensure it is set at unrestricted (any battery-saving function needs to be disabled for this app)

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see it either.  The last update I got was in May I believe.  Whenever all this started.  

Best Answer

I hate that I find that so funny 

Yes!! As a fellow techie, I agree with this. I'd never release a half assed update that wasn't QA'd properly. 

Best Answer

Thank you, but it is none of these things. I have had my Fitbit device for years. Battery settings are proper. Everything is updated. Everything else is working. I have contacted Customer Support about this already, but with no luck. Even if I look at my dashboard here online, the food is not showing up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a 20 page thread on this issue in the forums in the below link. I have the same problems but I think that Fitbit is putting all of it's time and effort in the new Pixel watch. I believe my problems started with the latest update. I don't see why they can't rollback the update.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-app-not-tracking-food-and-calories-intake/m-p/513...

Best Answer

Hello everyone. 

Thanks for reaching out regarding the food log. I appreciate the feedback and your patience. I am glad to read that it has worked for some of you. For the rest, that have not gotten the update yet, note that the new updates are rolled out gradually. Please be so kind to keep on checking for the update. After you get the latest version, try logging some food again. We were told it was resolved. I have not gotten the app update yet either. My app store is showing 3.59.1 for me too. We will all soon get the 3.60 version. Thanks again for your patience.

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
It started working all right for me with version 3.60 but I lost my 3 weeks
worth of food log by logging out and back in.
Best Answer

Thank you!!! Glad to know it's not just me. Appreciate you pointing me in the right direction, even if it's not the answer I was hoping for!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RodrigoMFitbit - please tell your support team to stop telling users to uninstall and reinstall!!!
When I inquired through Twitter Support about the version and mentioned that I was only seeing version 3.59.1 they told me to just uninstall and reinstall. We all know that that is NOT the solution and they need to stop telling people that. If this issue really is fixed in version 3.60 and that is being rolled out gradually, I totally get that and that is a fair response. But getting different answers from different support people - or worse getting bad info from FitBit and causing more data loss by uninstalling is just plain irresponsible. Please ask your support teams to get on the same page with the info they are giving out.

And for anyone new that may have recently found this page because they too are having issues - DO NOT log out of the app and DO NOT uninstall and reinstall no matter what support may tell you. It does not fix the issue and you will lose all your data entered since this issue began (about mid-may depending on when you took that update).

Best Answer

Screenshot_20220614-141404_Google Play Store.jpg

 This did not fix its calorie issues I am having.

Best Answer

Too late. 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same! I've uninstalled, installed, logout, login, force stopped, etc. Works for a minute then does not add calories anymore . Extremely frustrating!

Best Answer

I've been having the same issue. First time I reinstalled the app that solved the problem. But then it stopped again today. Reinstalled this morning, it worked. But this evening it's stopped again and reinstalling it is not doing anything. 

I was thinking of getting Fitbit Premium, but what's the point if it doesn't work? I guess I'm downloading MyFitnessPal instead.

Best Answer

I am running version 3.60 on Android and it has not fixed the calorie/food logging issues, it's an absolute mess. Fitbit please fix this issue ASAP. 

Best Answer

I'm having this problem too

Best Answer

I just got home from an evening out to discover my food logs from the last week, gone!! All that remains is today's. I am so frustrated, tried all the above suggestions of uninstall reboot reinstall etc etc etc. I need those logs for my doctor currently, Fitbit needs to address this.

Android user, latest fitbit updates are installed as of 6 days ago. 

Best Answer
I thought it started working with version 3.60 but I was wrong. It sent one
food entry I newly entered to the cloud but it stopped working after that.
Back to square one.
Best Answer

This is happening to mine on every other day. I did try re-install but lost all daily data entered for previous all days since problem started. So annoying. It records OK on the day but calories in doesn't show on chart next day.

Best Answer

I'm having this same issue as well as a number of other food log issues. Macros aren't correct if food is finally able to save, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not seen the 3.60 update either.  Test, test, test, and then test some more.

Best Answer