Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not working properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, my FitBit app worked really good until two days ago, then yesterday it had trouble syncing, and today it has logged me out and I can't log back in. Every time I try the error message says that I have the wrong user name or password. When I tried to create a new account it said there was a network error.  However, I am logged in on my computer and it works here, but not on the mobile app.

I have already uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, same issue.  What do i need to do?

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The problem corrected itself after three days.  I still don't know what changed.  While the app wasn't working I tried with or without wifi and data, tried turning off Bluetooth and turning it back on, but nothing helped. after I wrote this post I checked it again the next morning and it worked.  So whatever changed, I'm thankful that it is working again.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Welcome to the Forums @HenryRedekopp

That sounds quite bothersome.

I'd say that we try two things. Let's clear the cache for the app by going into the settings and then into the apps. Look for Fitbit and clear its cache with the button that shows there. Then try to log in again.

Additionally, if you are using Wi-Fi and have a mobile data plan,  try to turn the Wi-Fi off and only use the data plan. It is possible that the app is having trouble connecting through Wi-Fi.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

The problem corrected itself after three days.  I still don't know what changed.  While the app wasn't working I tried with or without wifi and data, tried turning off Bluetooth and turning it back on, but nothing helped. after I wrote this post I checked it again the next morning and it worked.  So whatever changed, I'm thankful that it is working again.

Best Answer

Hey @HenryRedekopp.

Fantastic news!

It could've been a temporary connection issue or something along those lines. The good part is that it is now working and you can work towards all of your goals.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit our Discussion boards. You can talk about a lot of different topics with other Forum members.

Hope to see you around! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I know I’m replying to this even though it was a few months ago, but I just had the same issue. I waited three-four days and nothing changed. I ended up deleting the app, redown loading it, and shutting down my phone for five to ten mins. Then I was able to log back in!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @rkate.

It is never to late to ask for help or to share what worked for you. 

Thank you very much for sharing the process that you followed to get your app to let you log in. 

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about and Discuss in here. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer

My app seems to have lost complete connectivity! It wasn’t syncing or updating my challenges, both on WiFi and internet so I tried logging out and in again but it keeps timing out whenever I try to log in. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app - same problem! It’s timing out so now I can’t even get into the app! It’s been like this for three days and I’m not entirely sure what the point is in my having a Fitbit now!!!

Best Answer

Hello @Achunara.

Thanks for sharing that.

I'd say that you try to restart the WiFi connection. Not on your phone but the actual WiFi router or signal provider. Maybe that could help out with the situation.

In the meantime you could try syncing with a computer or another mobile device. 

Let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Best Answer

Having similar Challenges. My FitBit Sync fine for a long time. Now I can't get my Andriod phone to connect to Fitbit. It keeps telling me on the app that I can't connect to fitbit.com. I have un/re installed the app, same problem. I can login via a computer to fitbit.com. I can't get my watch to sync or update if the phone won't connect to the app.  

Best Answer

My fitbit app showed me at 0 steps all day. So far, I have updated the app, unpaired the phone and blaze, added it back, restarted my phone and blaze, turned off the wifi, and hard booted my blaze. All of these I have done numerous times. My phone will now sync with my blaze, but I have to request it manually. The app will not show me anything in real time. I've had other issues, but this is quite frustrating!

Best Answer

I have the same problem, tried everything but doesn't work...???

Best Answer

I started having trouble with the latest version of the Android app on my Samsung S9 plus a couple of days ago.  It appears to sync in that it updates data, but it won't count steps dynamically any longer.  The app has worked well for years on multiple devices (well, a minor glich now and then).  I tried force stopping, clearing data and the cache, restarting, signing in, even rebooting the device itself, but am still encountering this issue.  Any thoughts?

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for sharing your feedback and experiences on the Android app. 

If you are experiencing an issue with the steps, calories, or live HR not showing please keep an eye on this thread as it is related to those issues. Any updates about it will be posted in there. The same thing if you are having an issue with the sleep tile and the minutes awake showing as 0, please check on this thread.

If you are having syncing issues, please reply answering the following:

• What phone are you using?
  • When did this situation start?

Also please be sure to go through the steps in this help article if you are having syncing issues, it will definitely help you out.

Let me know if there are any other questions!

Best Answer
Samsung  Galaxy S9Started Thursday night at 5pm
Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung Galaxy A5, I think is was thursday 9th

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dutchdolphin and @HSMHAS.

Thanks for answering your questions. In this case this might be happening because both of those phones are not on the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that device.

Having said that, I'd recommend that you try the troubleshooting steps I linked to above. You can also click here to see them.

Best Answer

I've had no issues with my device or the app until Thursday night and I've had my S9 since March when it was first released. So, we're talking 5 months of 0 problems. Whatever happened with the update, please reverse it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HSMHAS.

Thanks for your feedback!

While I would personally advise against it, some users have been able to download earlier versions of the app and install them. I wouldn't be able to point you to where they got these versions but I'd say that you can give it a shot if you want.

If you have the time, perhaps you can visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My English is not so good. Is it correct that my phone is not compatible anymore? It has worked fine from april this year....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not after trusting a 3rd party site. What I would like is the fitbit app in the Google play app store to work properly. We're going on 5 days now. When will the updated app rollout or the previous version be re-released by fitbit? Glitches do happen, but what will keep a customer loyal is not only being acknowledged, but providing resolution. I've yet to witness the second part and feel fitbit customers deserve to know what is going on and where we're at along this drawn out process. 

Thank you!

Best Answer