Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not working properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, my FitBit app worked really good until two days ago, then yesterday it had trouble syncing, and today it has logged me out and I can't log back in. Every time I try the error message says that I have the wrong user name or password. When I tried to create a new account it said there was a network error.  However, I am logged in on my computer and it works here, but not on the mobile app.

I have already uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, same issue.  What do i need to do?

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Me too, steps don't count, sleep gives silly results.  This has been happening for about a week now.  It's extremely annoying!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

The latest bug with the android app is documented in this thread:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/App-2-76-1-steps-calories-revert-to-zero-no-live-HR/td-p...

Keep an eye on that as it's where fitbit will be posting updates

Best Answer

Hello @dutchdolphin@SteveH, and @HSMHAS. Welcome to the Forums @Anniepannie123.

@dutchdolphin in your case, the A5 has never been on the supported devices list so that means that we cannot guarantee that it will work correctly.

@HSMHAS I absolutely agree in the fact that not trusting third-parties like that is best. I was merely making a mention of it given that some other users did. However, as @SteveH mentioned, we now have a thread for this situation. Be sure to keep an eye on it as any updates will be posted there.

@SteveH Thanks for being on the lookout for these threads @SteveH. Greatly appreciate it.

@Anniepannie123 What is the silly sleep situation you mentioned? Could you go a bit more in-depth into it?

Look froward to your reply. Let me know if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
The silly sleep situation is that the app wasn't showing my sleep patterns properly, but it seems better today. I think it's all to do with the updated App. The steps are still not working properly but it's better than it was, ie the app is now keeping track but every so often the steps just disappear.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Anniepannie123.

Thanks for those updates!

Be sure to keep an eye on this thread for any updates regarding the step situation.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good day

This problem also occurs when using a pc to sync my fitbit. The error message says that it cannot connect to the "FITBIT.COM SERVER". This has nothing to do with the fitbit unit itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LouisB.

Thanks for letting us know that you are getting this on the PC too.

In that case I'd recommend that you try uninstalling the Fitbit software and then reinstalling it once again. That should do the trick so that it starts working around.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was unable to sync for three days, not with my windows phone, not with laptop computer. I had often experienced glitches where connectivity would drop out for a day and usually worked itself out, or I would uninstall repeatedly, with mixed results. I read somewhere that logging out daily would resolve these annoying episodes, and it had...since I don't use all day sync, only connect morning and again before bed, this was fine.

But then this issue !! So frustrating !!

I fixed it by resetting my home router, then restarting my phone...voila! I suddenly was able to sync and view all my data from the last few days. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @PxyFitGrl.

Thanks for taking the time to write that post and share all of the steps that have helped you get it to sync through both issues.

I'm sure that other users will find it useful. I will be sure to keep those steps in mind and share them with other users experiencing a similar situation.

Be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards if you have the time, maybe some topic in there will pique your interest.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue the last few days, then after reading this and restarting my iphone, it finally started working. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello @BubbeJane.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

Glad to read that you found the solution to your situation by looking through this thread. Now you can continue to work towards all of your goals.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung galaxy note 9 started Thursday, will not sync at all to Fitbit app. Have tried everything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @nwilli4.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for trying to get the Fitbit to work once again.

The first thing I'd recommend is that you try to follow the steps listed in this help article. While you might have already tried some of those steps please try going through all of them once again in order as it should help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I having the same problem I can log in on the web site but the app says invalid username or password. It have been doing this for the past two days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Vitornis.

Thanks for sharing that you are also experiencing the same situation.

Is it possible that you may have had a typo on the email address when you created your account and that is why this is happening? Try to type both the password and the email address slowly to make sure that you are entering the correct spelling for them.

Keep me posted on how it goes or if there are any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope I had been using this app fine for a couple of years now then this
started. I finally got it to work by just simply resetting my password. It
strange that I could log into the app on my Windows surface and on the
website but not my Android phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Vitornis.

Thanks for letting me know that resetting the password did the trick.

I will be sure to keep this in mind and bring it up to the team. I'm sure that this won't happening again but if it did, please let us know right away.

If you have the time maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. Perhaps something will pique your interest. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just had a fitbit charge3 but the apps in the fitbit app in my samsung dont have the buttons enabled. was trying to figure out why my heart rate measurements are not loaded into phhone...TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not syncing with Versa lite 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit app dont work either an i typed my password an i restart my app an dont work 

Best Answer
0 Votes