Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't setup- the timer just keeps starting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just got my Fitbit and I'm trying to set it up. Everytime I try to hold down the button for 3 seconds to connect it to my phone, the timer starts and it won't connect. Help!
Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

Hey @bspringer! Welcome to the Forums. 

Like we mentioned before, we'd need to know that mobile device that you are using for the syncing so that we can better understand what is going on. Could you confirm what model it is?

Look forward to your reply. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@bspringer, it could also be helpful to know.the tracker model?

When it comes to holding the button in durring setup this is simply to turn your tracker on which is shipped turned off.

Since your tracker is already turned on, there is no  need to hold 5ye b7559n in. A simple tqp will turn the display on.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. It started with my battery not lasting a day. Then it got funky and stopped charging. Took me a long time to finally get it restarted and then it charged. But it wouldn't sync to my app. So I removed it and can't get it to set up to my phone any longer. I'm using an iPhone 7 and have a charge HR I'm tying to set up. When I get to where I have to hold down the button for 3 seconds, I've tried everything. Holding it down anywhere between 1-30 seconds, not holding it down, having it close, having it far away, having it plugged in.  It cannot set up my tracker. I've only had it for 8 months so I'm very disappointed in the poor product. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Wahla23

It is possible that the Bluetooth connection could have been corrupted. Let's try to restart it:

1. Go into the Bluetooth settings of your iPhone and look for your Fitbit.
  2. Remove the Charge HR from the list of paired devices.
  3. Open the App and then go into the account tab.
  4. Tap on 'Set Up a New Device' and follow the instructions on screen.

Please let me know how it goes. Look forward to your reply. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
My Fitbit would not restart. I tried several times and got an error
message. I have been in contact with the Fitbit customer support center and
they are sending me a replacement. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Wahla23.

Thank you very much for sharing that update. Great to know that everything has been taken care of and that you'll be getting a new one so that you can continue to reach all of your goals! 

If you have the time, perhaps you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of topics to talk about and discuss in there.

Hope to see you around! 

Best Answer

What you told me to do doesn't work. I tried it without holding the button and it still doesn't. Should I try with a PC?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Akhil123.

If you have a PC that you could use, please do try to pair your Fitbit with it. You have to download the Fitbit Connect software and then follow the instructions there to run the setup.

Please do let me know how it goes or if you receive any sort of error message. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. Bluetooth won't connect. Done all troubleshooting suggestions and uninstalled my device, now it won't reinstall. If I hold the button down for 3 seconds, it just starts the stopwatch! Checked my phones Bluetooth and that is fine. Help it's driving me crazy!

Best Answer

@Weezwords before holding in the button, place the tracker into its plugged in charger. And make sure tyat it is charging.

Best Answer

Brilliant thanks it worked! You've made my day!

Best Answer

Hey @Weezwords! Thanks for joining the Community. Thanks for helping out @Rich_Laue.

Glad to know that the restart did work. Be sure to click on the 'Accept as Solution' button below @Rich_Laue's post if you feel it definitely helped you. 

Additionally, perhaps you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other Community members.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer

Hi

My fitbit isn't updating. It is picking up the device when I switch Bluetooth on but won't update. I have tried plugging in the charger and pressing the button until it said 'v22' but still not working. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Weezwords it is nice a question but even nicer if we knew what tracker model your asking about. 

Best Answer

Yes that would help! It's a charge hr

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes sorry,

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@Weezwords it is nice a question but even nicer if we knew what tracker model your asking about. 

that would help! It's a charge hr

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge hr

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Weezwords and @Rich_Laue.

@Weezwords Thanks for letting us know that you're using a Charge HR. Could you describe exactly what happens when you try to do the restart?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer

Hey Fubaar, So me and my girlfriend Gabbaybay were having the same problem. We eventually found out that we did NOT have the correct device. We thought we were pairing a Charge HR, but IN FACT.... we were simply trying to pair the Charge

Best Answer

A very warm welcome to the Forums @LukeHelp!

Thank you very much for coming in and sharing your and your girlfriend's experience. That is something that could definitely impact the situation. 

Feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best Answer