Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't setup- the timer just keeps starting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just got my Fitbit and I'm trying to set it up. Everytime I try to hold down the button for 3 seconds to connect it to my phone, the timer starts and it won't connect. Help!
Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

I just fixed mine!!!

Plug it in to charge and hold the button down for 10-15sec or until the fit bit sign comes up then go back to your app and start the process of setting up again!

Doing this resets your Fitbit charge. Smiley Happy

Hope this helped!

Best Answer

thanks for your response. I've tried multiple way to synch my device and it worked with your provided solution.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @fsandoval and @sammy763.

Glad to read that you both were able to setup your Fitbits by following that process. I'll be sure to share it with other users experiencing a similar situation. 

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Technically for many the pairing simply doesn't work.  I realize you're not pairing to your Bluetooth like a speaker or headphones.  However, the FitBit App either doesn't recognize the device at all, or you actually get the 4 digit code, and then it just sits on that screen endlessly.  Well, I shouldn't ay endlessly, but I have left it for three hours without it finishing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @GolfNFool18.

Thanks for sharing your insight into the matter.

By your wording, I'm led to think that you are also experiencing this situation, or you did at some point. 

If you are experiencing this, I would recommend that you try to follow the steps on this help article about setting up, and also checking that all of the requirements for the setup are being met.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I am trying setup a Fitbit charge but everything I do will not let me completely the set process. I've tried different solutions from this site to avail. The fitbit is already on but I can't skip the step that says hold down for 3 secs. Plz help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Ch68!

Thanks for bringing this up. 

I'd like to ask you some questions to better understand what is going on:

• What phone are you using to setup your Fitbit?
  • What Fitbit are you using?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer

Step 3 is for when setting up a new tracker, and is the way to turn the tracker on. 

Since your tracker is already on, you will want to skip step three, @Ch68

A simple tap of the button will confirm that the unit is turned on, and you can go to step 4. 

Best Answer

I had this exact same problem!

The issues was, as silly as it sounds, that I was selecting 'Charge', when my fitbit was a 'Charge HR'.

It took me an hour to figure it out, but as soon as I selected 'Charge HR' as the device that I wanted to pair and pressed the button for 1 second it worked.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Hey

Thanks for the reply, that was sorry to say not my case, it turns out it was broken, and stuck in a boot loop, it keeps trying to update but it does nothing, and the few times I got it working shortly after it would start to update again and stay there.

But thank you many times that tognthe time to answer🙂

Kind regards

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lelia001 and @Luffe1980.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

@Lelia001 Thanks for sharing your experience and what worked for you. It definitely sounds like something that can happen.

@Luffe1980 From your wording it seems like you no longer have your Fitbit or that it is now working. Could you let us know what is your current situation?

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just fixed this problem now on my Fitbit.

I plugged it into the charger as if to charge and then held down the button until it reset. Then while it was still plugged in to the power I held the button down again for about 3 seconds to wake it, at the same time as searching for the fitbit in the app. It immediately found the Fitbit as well as giving you the 4 digit code to sync! 

I hope this helps someone else! 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Jessieheath101.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and the steps that you tried to get it to work.

Glad to read that everything seems to be working correctly at the time.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  Brand new Fitbit Charge HR.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my Windows 10 laptop.  Fitbit One for another family member synced just fine.  I've rebooted after that.  I've tried holding it down with the charger attached.  I took the dongle out and put it in a new slot.  The closest I get to anything is a fitbit logo with V128.  I've set up many fitbits, so I know the process, but nothing works.  I get the timer to start if I hold it down long.  I cycle through steps and heartrate and etc if I do it quick.  What's broken?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CMMMM  the Fotbit logo tells you that you have restarted the Charge HR and the v128 is the current firmware version. Yes 18.128 is the latest.

Now since everything you describe, should happen. Holding on the button does not start a simple timer be but starts the recording of am exercise.

What is it that does not work, the setup process?

If so at what step does the failure occure.

Best Answer

It's replacing an existing Charge HR, so I tell the account that it should replace the old one (that was lost.)  I can get as far as when it's looking for the device and it asks me to hold the button down for 3 seconds.  I gave it a full charge before I even tried to get things connected.  It tells me it can't find it and I should move away other trackers (I did), hold it close (I do), and give it a good charge (I did).  Then it searches when I tell it to try again.  Same problem... it starts a timer if I go for a long hold, steps through functions if I do it quick.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When a user first receives the Charge HR, their unit is turned off. Holding in the button for 3 seconds is to turn the Charge HR on.

Since your Charge HR is already on @CMMMM, this step can be skipped.

A simple tap of the button will confirm that the Charge HR is already on.

Best Answer

Sorry, not helpful.  I read your suggestion to the others.  When I tap the top or press the button quickly I just go through the step count etc., as I've said.  Anything else I'm missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes a single tap of the button will confirm that your Charge HR is turned on.

Now that you know that the Charge HR is turned on, open the Fitbit app up and perform the same device routine to setup and connect the Charge 2 to your account 

Moderator edit: Wording

Best Answer

I guess you're confirming that you don't have any new suggestions?  I've said repeatedly what I'm trying and I've been doing the add device process.  It doesn't find it no matter what I do.  Anybody else have anything that works?

Best Answer
0 Votes