Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't setup- the timer just keeps starting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just got my Fitbit and I'm trying to set it up. Everytime I try to hold down the button for 3 seconds to connect it to my phone, the timer starts and it won't connect. Help!
Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

Yes @CMMMM  I understand you have said what you do.

You say you repeatedly tap the button this is not what you want to be doing.

Https;//community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-won-t-setup-the-timer-just-keeps-starting/m-p/3297324/#M98766

You say that you held down the button for three seconds, you do not want to do this, since the tracker is already on.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-won-t-setup-the-timer-just-keeps-starting/m-p/329...

You say that you get the Fitbit logo with V128 this tells you that the Charge HR did a successful sync. 

But then instead of setting it up the button gets held in for 3 seconds and the activity recording starts. You do not want to hold in the button, your tracker is all ready on. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-won-t-setup-the-timer-just-keeps-starting/m-p/329...

I do have suggestions. but wanted to first confirm that the setup process was being done correctly, every post above said otherwise. 

But here it goes

Restart the tracker

Remove the Fitbit app

Install fresh copy

Make sure that no Charge HR are connected to the phones bluetooth

Swipe unneeded apps out of memory

Restart the phone. 

If the setup process fails, it is helpful to know what step the failure accured and if any error reported. 

Best Answer

Hello @Rich_Laue  and @CMMMM.

@Rich_Laue Thanks for being around to help!

@CMMMM Thanks for sharing all of that information and all of the steps that you have gone through. Please do as @Rich_Laue  mentioned above and let us know exactly at what point it is failing. Also, if you have not, please try to follow the steps listed in this article.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do i skip there is not a thing saying skip can you please help me  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry @Briannah_12  I'm not sure what it is that your trying to accomplish or what screen that you are looking at. 

Best Answer

Hello @Briannah_12 and @Rich_Laue.

Thanks for taking the time to post @Rich_Laue.

@Briannah_12 as mentioned above, please try to be a bit more specific on what screen you are on and what is it that you want to achieve. That way we can help you find the best way to move forward.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was trying this for ages and the stopwatch kept coming up! 

I then put the phone on charge and held the button down for 3 seconds - it turned the Fitbit off, hold the button down for 3 seconds again and it worked first time!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kaysteed I'm glad things worked out. I'm not sure which tracker you have, but once the tracker is turned on, holding in the button could start a stopwatch. 

The setup process asks the user to press the button for 3 seconds to turn it on. If the tracker is already turned on their is no reason to hold on the button. 

Best Answer

I'm not sure how you skip this step, as my phone won't allow me to continue without syncing the device. I can't find any other option to try and connect the fitbit device to my account either 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nicole_Hen skip what step? If your tracker is turned.., you don't need to hold in the button to turn it on. 

Simply tap the button and the display should light up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes