Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data usage increased - RESOLVED 7/13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/13/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure you are on the latest app. Thanks very much for your reports. I'll be closing this thread for future replies. 

Fitbit Update 07/11/2018: Thanks for your ongoing patience as we worked to resolve this issue. We released an update to the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.74.2, that we believe addresses any remaining concerns related to this issue. Please update the Fitbit app as soon as possible.

In addition, all of your Fitbit data synced and remained secure during the issue and none of your data was sent anywhere else. We take our obligation to safeguard your data very seriously and are sorry for any concern that this error may have caused.

Fitbit Update 07/09/2018:

Great news, everyone! Today we released the Fitbit for Android app version 2.74.1 to all users. This app version released improvements for the issue you are all currently experiencing with an increase in your phone's data usage. Please update the app as soon as possible!

Please let me know how it goes after updating the app. I would like to hear you all confirm that your data/battery usage levels have decreased. 

Thanks for all your help and cooperation! 

Fitbit Update 07/08/2018:

Hi, everyone!

Thanks so much for your reports of this data/battery issue on your Android devices. 

Our team is still actively investigating the cause and we will keep you updated with any new information. We really appreciate your cooperation in the meantime and hope to get this resolved soon. 

Fitbit Update 07/06/2018: 

Hey everyone -- First off, thank you for all of your reports. We are working to resolve an issue which can cause the Fitbit app for Android to consume a large amount of mobile data. In the meantime, uninstalling and re-installing the Fitbit app may help resolve related loading & crashing issues. Thanks for your patience!

I will make sure to keep everyone updated on this issue when I have something new to share. Thanks for your patience, more updates to come soon.

Fitbit Update 07/05/2018: Community members have reported an increase of mobile data by the Fitbit app on Android devices.

I've made our Android team aware of this and they are currently working on getting this issue resolved. When I hear an update on the status of this issue, I will make sure to let everyone here know what I hear.

Thanks for your reports and continued patience.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
638 REPLIES 638

I had an update available yesterday 

Version 2.7.4.1(2193292)

This solved my battery and data drain issue

Best Answer

YES ME too

Best Answer

//2.7.4.1/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having some issue with my Samsung S7 and Ionic. Hope this is resolved quickly, massive data usage and having to charge phone 5 to 6 times a day. Almost wish I would've kept my charge 2.  😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

App V2.74.1 worked for me..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit @EdsonFitbit What are the differences between 2.72 and 2.74.2? Why should we take a chance on this update when reverting to an older version solved our problems? What would we be missing out on if we didn't update?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Where can i download 2.72
Best Answer

@jacr777 

Moderator Edit: Link Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 07/11/2018: Thanks for your ongoing patience as we worked to resolve this issue. We released an update to the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.74.2, that we believe addresses any remaining concerns related to this issue. Please update the Fitbit app as soon as possible.

In addition, all of your Fitbit data synced and remained secure during the issue and none of your data was sent anywhere else. We take our obligation to safeguard your data very seriously and are sorry for any concern that this error may have caused.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Mine was the updated version .... and the data usage and battery drainage were issues 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here are my results for the last few days..  App 2.73 arrested the battery issue and V2.74 stopped the mobile data bleed.. So far V2.74.1 and 2.74.2 have remained stable..

Here are my latest results and the data graph now has the same gradient as the pre-excess Fitbit mobile data.

Smiley Happy This is what some very retired engineers do.. Keep the mind active, we have to exercise that........Smiley Very Happy

data usage 13jul18.jpg

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

New update on app today 2.742 supposed to be the fix for data and battery issues.looking ok do far 15kb of data used battery 0% in the first hr.

Best Answer

@Paul201065There are so many variables out there in the Android world, let's hope the next few hours gives you comfort with the results like me..  Mine showed 1% battery for 24 hours yesterday, so far today 0%

@Paul201065 wrote:

New update on app today 2.742 supposed to be the fix for data and battery issues.looking ok do far 15kb of data used battery 0% in the first hr.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for letting me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update 07/11/2018: Thanks for your ongoing patience as we worked to resolve this issue. We released an update to the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.74.2

Android 8.1, Versa FW 32.32.10.15, Fitbit Android app 2.74.2 (3193293) beta

New issue when watchface does not update weather data after sync. Still issues with weather app on watch, seems to need severals reboots on phone and watch.

Still issues with unlocking my paid watchfaces and apps (kiezelpay). "End trial now" does not end the trial for "My agenda", trial runs until end. Then, suddenly the "unlock code" pops up. Several "can't find Versa" messages during usage of wf and apps settings.

Can't say much about data usage and battery at this moment, because everything is recently installed. This will follow later this day.

--
// Fitbit Versa 2, Sense
Android App
Best Answer

battery drain solved with latest release

Best Answer

Also installed 2.74.2 yesterday. This version appears to be well-behaved.

However, I would still very much like an answer from a Fitbit representative on the following two questions:

- Where did the extra data go to (fitbit servers, or elsewhere?)

- What was the content of the extra data?

Best Answer

Oh what a brilliant update!! Now my phone won't even pair with this ionic.! My warning, DON'T UPDATE YET! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
i updated as well but, guess what, it's still using large amounts of data.
same version as before but the most recent update.

what a joke
Best Answer
0 Votes

For all of you having problems syncing after update; for me only a factory reset of the watch solved the sync issues. I am back at the version before the disastrous update and i have blocked Google Play from updating it; ain't broke, don't fix it.

Best Answer