Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data usage increased - RESOLVED 7/13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/13/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure you are on the latest app. Thanks very much for your reports. I'll be closing this thread for future replies. 

Fitbit Update 07/11/2018: Thanks for your ongoing patience as we worked to resolve this issue. We released an update to the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.74.2, that we believe addresses any remaining concerns related to this issue. Please update the Fitbit app as soon as possible.

In addition, all of your Fitbit data synced and remained secure during the issue and none of your data was sent anywhere else. We take our obligation to safeguard your data very seriously and are sorry for any concern that this error may have caused.

Fitbit Update 07/09/2018:

Great news, everyone! Today we released the Fitbit for Android app version 2.74.1 to all users. This app version released improvements for the issue you are all currently experiencing with an increase in your phone's data usage. Please update the app as soon as possible!

Please let me know how it goes after updating the app. I would like to hear you all confirm that your data/battery usage levels have decreased. 

Thanks for all your help and cooperation! 

Fitbit Update 07/08/2018:

Hi, everyone!

Thanks so much for your reports of this data/battery issue on your Android devices. 

Our team is still actively investigating the cause and we will keep you updated with any new information. We really appreciate your cooperation in the meantime and hope to get this resolved soon. 

Fitbit Update 07/06/2018: 

Hey everyone -- First off, thank you for all of your reports. We are working to resolve an issue which can cause the Fitbit app for Android to consume a large amount of mobile data. In the meantime, uninstalling and re-installing the Fitbit app may help resolve related loading & crashing issues. Thanks for your patience!

I will make sure to keep everyone updated on this issue when I have something new to share. Thanks for your patience, more updates to come soon.

Fitbit Update 07/05/2018: Community members have reported an increase of mobile data by the Fitbit app on Android devices.

I've made our Android team aware of this and they are currently working on getting this issue resolved. When I hear an update on the status of this issue, I will make sure to let everyone here know what I hear.

Thanks for your reports and continued patience.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
638 REPLIES 638
How do I do that? Searched for Fitbit beta in playstore and only came up
with the fitbit app

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it worked to me so you should be fine
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've resorted to simply turning off Mobile data. If I'm connected to WiFi, I lose no functionality. If I'm going out I turn it back on if I really need to use my phone for data. Nothing else seems to curb the Fitbit app appetite for mobile data. Not even turning off background mobile data use. 

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any solution yet? Fitbit apps are draining my so making it almost unusable. Real pity....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AilourusGo to this post and follow the instructions posted by @ErickFitbit

Good Luck.

Best Answer

You're referring to the data usage issue only. What about the "increased battery drain"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The beta app fixed both battery and data.  At least it did for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SheldaInstalling v.2.74.1 has fixed the battery drain issue for me, although other people have posted differing experience using the Beta, so I don't really think we are at the stage where there is a universal fix for both battery drain and mobile data issues.

Best Answer
I have an iPhone. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I think everything
is fine now, but I have not been out walking since.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstalled and reinstalled.  Still draining battery and phone getting hot.

Best Answer
My fit bit charge 2, is needing to be charged 2 to 3 times a day. This has been happening for about a week now. I have a Samsung J7 V. I see this seems to be a problem with many users. Please correct this fix. Usually you are very fast at fixing problems. This is the first time I have had to wait so long for the problem to be corrected. This is very bothersome. Thank you in advance in taking care of this matter.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Will try it out now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Iconic will no longer hold a charge to the battery; I can't even use it as a watch. It stopped syncing with my iPhone shortly after I got it, I was having sync multiple times a day. If you are working on a fix, I will wait before buying another brand. I would rather keep it than trash it, so keep us posted on what is going on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just uninstalled the fitbit app from my phone  - it was making it really hard for my phone connect with my home wifi, now my wifi works normally. On the road, my phone's data plan was super slow when loading content from other apps.

I hope fitbit emails up when the update comes. 

Best Answer
Hi, how long have you had your iconic for? I really hope I dont run into
that issue. I only just bought the versa.
Will def keep you all posted if this beta app helps
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is happening on my iPhone 7 too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit blaze has been rendered useless. It started 4 days ago where my battery on the Fitbit only last about 8 hrs. Never had this problem at all. It also won’t keep track of my heartbeat and sleep. Please advise on what can be causing this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the Samsung 5 and charge HR will not sync went through all the steps uninstalled and reinstalled shut the Bluetooth off and on try to set it up as a new one nothing is working is this part of the problem. It has been working fine for the last 9 months then stopped on June 6th syncing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would this issue have anything to do with my Fitbit not syncing to my phone since Thursday. I have tried all the usual things such as turning it off and so on. I uninstalled everything. When I go back and try to reinstall my versa. My phone wont connect. This is the second major problem I have had with this. I had to return one already. I am starting to regret my purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ailourus,

I've had my Ionic a little over a week.

And to return the device is a hassle because I live quite far from the store I bought it from(I know, schoolboy mistake).

In addition to this nonsense, my bluetooth headphone connection is intermittent at best. I gave up listening to music on my runs.

I am considering a tinfoil hat or attaching a pringles can to my watch....

Good luck with everything.

Cheers,

Carroll

Best Answer