Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Motorola Moto Z droid

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just changed phones and got a Moto Z Droid. I spend hrs today (away from home) trying to figure out how to make a change on my phone. When I got home I had to make the change on my computer. Then looked up to find out that Moto Z is NOT compatible with my fitbit. Not Happy.

Best Answer
171 REPLIES 171

It's great to see you around @Castar. As you mentioned, Moto Z Droid is not a compatible mobile and that's the reason why your tracker is having inconveniences connecting with it. I recommend keeping an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update, also keep in mind that you can always sync your tracker with a computer or compatible device.

See you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

My son received a Fitbit Blaze for his birthday.  He has a Moto Droid 2 that has never sync'd very well with the Fitbit.  We got him this so we could compare results with other family members - didn't work out so well.  I have a Charge HR that worked like a charm with my Samsung S4.  The screen cracked and just picked up a Moto Z as a replacement.  Just found that it is not compatible withi my fitbit -can't even sync!  Geesh!  It's not like Motorola is a newcomer to the android market - how hard can it be to make devices talk to them??

Best Answer

I just found out that my Blaze will not support my new Moto Z phone!  I can not believe that a new android device is not supported and therfore can not access the features of my $200 watch, as it is not anything more without syncing. 

Most disturbing was my interaction with Customer Serice that seems to be indifferent to this situation. 

Beware of purchasing a Fitbit device if you are an Android user. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer

Being a new device on the market makes it understandable that there has not been enough time for the developers to acquire, test, troubleshoot, and rewrite some drivers to make it work. Then to troubleshoot and make sure tye changes work and not cause other devices to stop working.

However not being on the list, means that Fitbit hasn't aproved it yet, maybe hasn't even tested it.

Theur are many phones not on the list that still work fine. What has your real time experience been?

You might have noticed that i moved your non-tracker related post to the android forum

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Username128 and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

Our team is hard working in testing the compatibility of several phones, your patience in this matter will be appreciated. Keep in mind that you can always sync your tracker with a computer and also, I recommend keeping an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you, but your post was not really helpful. I know I can sync my Fitbit with my computer, I do that. But that not a solution for mobility as I almost never carry my computer around, nor does it help with my notifications.

And as I appreciate your comment you are working on adding new devices, that general statement gives me no comfort that you are working on Motorola phones.

I would like someone to put on your elaborate web site selling the devices and all of their features a warring it is just an unattainable dream for Moto users.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Hello @Username128.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and concerns with us. We definitely appreciate your patience and comments. We're always looking to improve the overall experience of our current and potential users. Be sure that your comment is not going unnoticed.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I am a Moto Z user as well, had a Fitbit One for ages and recently purchased the Blaze.

Got it working at first, but has since ran into sync issues. Tried everything..

Reset, reinstall, disable wifi, switch bluetooth on/off, etc.

Endless sync issues, notifications are hit and miss. Trying to repair my Blaze and now it won't even connect.

I'm spending too many hours trying to make this work, why is is so hard! No problems with my Fitbit One syncing, why so many issues with the Blaze?

Edit: Blaze works fine with my older Samsung S3 running Android Kitkat 4.4.4, more work needs to be put into making it work with newer releases of Android. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer

Hello @Dragonfruit, im not sure what you mean by trying to repair your Blaze, this is a taak for your app, not you, to do. Removing the tracker from the app, does nothing more than tell your fitbit account to remove the tracker, you dont want to use it, this will only add to problems.

With the Blaze you can shutdown the tracker, and have you done a complete shutdown of the phone yet?

Tried removing the Blaze from the Bluetooth settings screen? 

Wi5h some android os' you can clear the Bluetooth cache.

Best Answer

The Blaze wasn't syncing with my Moto Z and I was trying the option of removing it from the app and re-pair it. I had already tried uninstalling, reinstalling, reset tracker, etc. Even that didn't work.

Yet I was able to pair it to my S3 and sync without one fault.

Should note that my Fitbit One is working fine with Nougat. Something about the way Blaze uses Bluetooth LE and Nougat.

Best Answer

Hello @Dragonfruit, thanks for the update.

Since the app is not fully compatible with the Moto Z, situations like this are expected. If you check on the compatible devices list, the Galaxy S3 is fully compatible and that would explain why you were able to sync your Blaze without any issues.

Thanks for your patience and understanding! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit

Yes I get that, don't understand why more resources are not working on Android device compatibility. 

For now I am able to sync the Blaze to my Moto Z but it is not reliable and I pretty much need to just let it sync when it wants via the all day sync. Sometimes I need to restart the phone and application to get it going. If I go into the app and try to force a sync it almost never works. Sync error, and bluetooth errors galore. Notifications do not work and I am not able to start a GPS connected exercise from the Blaze as it says cannot connect to phone. Waiting for version 2.44 to appear on my device, hoping this will make things more stable. 

These software issues will make or break a company and the longer this goes on the more customers will be unhappy and look elsewhere.

Edit: Ok, so I've updated to Fibit app version 2.44 and nothing has changed. Still plenty of bluetooth issues and sync errors. Sigh. Got my hopes up that these issues might be fixed in new release. 

Best Answer

Hi, is there an ETA on compatability with MOTO Z Play and Fitbit.  

Kind of a drag.  And also, when upgrade time comes around, might mean a rethink.

Best Answer

It never occurred to me that compatibility with my Moto Z would be a problem. No other app has let me down like this.

Best Answer

@Gwsdubtex wrote:

I TOTALLY agree, Is compatibility between Fitbit and Moto Z Droid in the works? Is this a Fitbit issue to address or Moto issue to address?

Fitbit won't give progress updates on whether devices are being tested or when they'll be added. I'm following the android compatibility list closely, new devices are not being added frequently. There are plenty of phones from previous years that are yet to be tested. 

The biggest shock is that current flagships are not there, Google Pixel, Moto Z, LG G5, LG V10, V20, etc. 

Best Answer

I have a Moto Z droid and got my fitbit one to sync for the past 4 months, until the last update they did last week, what happened? The Moto Z has been out for 7 months, yet you have the new iphone 7 on the compatibility list and it came out at the same time as the droid did

Best Answer

I have a Charge HR that is on its last legs. I have been trying to decide if I should get a Garmin Vivosmart HR+ or a FitBit Charge HR2. I have been having major issues getting my current FitBit to sync with the Moto Z Play I got last month. Love the phone, less than impressed with the quality of FitBit. My orginal Charge HR had to be replaced almost every 2 months since it kept breaking. I guess I'm switching to Garmin, since FitBit can't keep up. Really the only thing making me want the FitBit is that its prettier, but I'm not spending more money on a product that doesn't work and has poor quality.

Best Answer

Does Fitbut not keep up with new phones on the market? My Charge won't sync to the Moto Z I got recently. Was going to upgrade to Charge 2 but if Fitbit can't keep up with phones that have been on the market for months than I guess I'm switching Garmin. Probably for the best, I've been so disappointed by the quality of the Fitbit. Heard the new ones are better, but I guess not.

Best Answer

Has anyone seen anything on when the FitBit Blaze will be able to receive notifications from a Moto Z phone?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes