Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements to the app and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Hi everyone -- I've read through every post in this thread and the major feedback points and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• General disappointment with the change (no specific details provided)
  • Lots of empty space/more scrolling/clicks required
  • Bottom tiles don't scroll data with days
  • Unable to fully customize top section with tiles from the bottom section
  • Prefer linear UX design
  • Difficult to read/no dark theme available
  • Can't swipe between days, only able to click to scroll through days
  • Can't to resize tiles

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. I have relayed this information to our Android team and at this time, it doesn't sound like there are any plans to revert access to the old Dashboard.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. We currently do not have any plans to revert this change; you can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

I find it disgusting that the only way current customers needs are even being addressed is by going to outside sources. Clearly fitbit doesn't care about keep customers. 

Best Answer

I hear ya! 16 of my friends have already switched to another brand since Friday, I'm next

Best Answer

@bobby2478 wrote:

Before making the new dashboard mandatory, have you fixed the issue where some tiles always show current days data when scrolling to past days? 

For example, water consumption, food diary, sleep, etc always showed data for the current day only. If I scrolled to past days, while steps updated to reflect steps for that day, data like water consumption, sleep, and food journal entries did not update to reflect data for that specific day, they always showed current days data only. 

Because of this I stopped using the new dashboard and reverted to the old dashboard which works perfectly. 

I'll try it again to see if this was ever fixed but if not then you will make the app completely worthless if you take the old dashboard away before fixing this problem. Especially for users that use all of the features of the app and ecosystem. 

I agree with you entirely - they haven't fixed this issue because they don't see it as an issue.

Why would I want to see today's data when I have made a conscious decision to look at a different days data? This interface has clearly been designed by an imbecile.

Best Answer

I agree with you entirely - they haven't fixed this issue because they don't see it as an issue.

Why would I want to see today's data when I have made a conscious decision to look at a different days data? This interface has clearly been designed by an imbecile.

Best Answer

It may not be a bug but it does need fixing

Best Answer

@Brewerscottage Sledgehammer and acid bath springs to mind (for the developers not the product) Smiley Very Happy

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
Ok. I finally figured it out, but how do I turn off automatic updating?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to your settings - applications - got to Fitbit app - settings - turn "off" automatic updating.

If this doesn't work, google your Spring Samsung..... and "how to turn off automatic updates"

This should get you what you need.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open the Play Store app. Click on the hamburger menu at the top left. Scroll down and tap Settings. Tap on the First Row (which should say something like "Do not auto-update apps" or "Auto-update apps over WiFi only"). Choose "Do not auto-update apps." Done.

Best Answer

Not a fan of the new dashboard. Please consider making a version of the old one as an option!

Best Answer

For the love of God, either allow us to customize our own dashboard tiles the way the old dashboard did or let us switch back to the old dashboard. The old one let me see everything I wanted in a quick, easy glance, and we had the freedom to arrange the tiles as we saw fit. The "better" design is anything but and far less useful.  

Best Answer

@Highlander115

To revert to the previous fitbit version 2.47.

1- Uninstall your Fitbit app v 2.48

2- Important to disable auto updates on your phone,...you don't want it reinstalling the 2.48 version again

3- Get the previous version 2.47 by googling "fitbit apk 2.47"

4- Download the apk file and run it.....you are now back to the previous version and everything should work fine. Go to help...advanced strings and you can go back to old dashboard. I used freeapkshare site to get the file

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Best Answer

Jsokal:  I am going to give it a try.  Thanks for detailing it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok. Thanks. I believe I have auto updates turned off now.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hate the new dashboard.  Please return the option for the old one. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the detailed info. I have a question though...if I uninstall new version, then reinstall old version, would I lose all of my current data (ie: sleep log, weight, ect)? I'm not computer savvy, and wanted to ask before I lose months of sleep logs needed for my dr's appt this week. Thank you!

Best Answer

Nope,..you lose nothing,...all your data is actually stored on a server at fitbit

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome! Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, you shouldn't lose anything.  It's all stored on Fitibit's servers, and once you log in to the app again, it will sync and download all the data. You will need to log in again, so if you've forgotten your password you'll have to reset it.

@FUJILU wrote:

Thanks for the detailed info. I have a question though...if I uninstall new version, then reinstall old version, would I lose all of my current data (ie: sleep log, weight, ect)? I'm not computer savvy, and wanted to ask before I lose months of sleep logs needed for my dr's appt this week. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phooey, mine is stuck on the new dash board and I can't switch back to the old one. I can't figure out how to sync my tracker on the new dash. Why do you guys at Fitbit seem determined to continuously make your software worse?!?

Best Answer