Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements to the app and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Hi everyone -- I've read through every post in this thread and the major feedback points and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• General disappointment with the change (no specific details provided)
  • Lots of empty space/more scrolling/clicks required
  • Bottom tiles don't scroll data with days
  • Unable to fully customize top section with tiles from the bottom section
  • Prefer linear UX design
  • Difficult to read/no dark theme available
  • Can't swipe between days, only able to click to scroll through days
  • Can't to resize tiles

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. I have relayed this information to our Android team and at this time, it doesn't sound like there are any plans to revert access to the old Dashboard.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. We currently do not have any plans to revert this change; you can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

That's no longer an option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry but I am another one who does not like this new dashboard, that has been forced on me. I have changed back once before but now it seems that option is no longer available. The new dashboard does not display the things that I want, ie my daily exercise routine and any walking I have done, it is there when I log in on my pc but not on my android phone, making the app useless. Do you people not listen to cutomers or what. another dissgusted customer....

Best Answer

I do not like the new dashboard. I would like to resume using the old dashboard. Apparently that's not an option and you do not care about consumer preferences. I tried to email do the help option on the application, and it's not available. Profoundly disappointed.

Best Answer

Go back to the old version,  you can find it on google. Search all the threads if you need more help.

fitbit 2.47 APK

Please share with others.

Best Answer

The new dashboard is so inefficient its painful to use. Tiles, really? Annoyingly trendy and unhelpful.  The new dashboard is just a bitter reminder of what used to be a useful and welcoming app.

It is interesting to see Fitbit ignore negative reactions from large segments of its customer base.

I see the appeal, but reverting to older versions of the software is not a solution I can be satisfied with.

I have updated (downgraded) my reviews on both Google Play and Amazon.

Time to check out the competition...

Best Answer

The new dashboard is horrible, won't sync properly with other apps and general has me thinking about getting another brand of tracker.

Best Answer

Hi @RuffusU - I'd have to ask the file owner if it's okay to share - just as a courtesy. Not sure what the etiquette is lol and I AM a Brit after all! Some of us are as uptight as ever!   Woman LOL

@f you read a few posts above mine, @mavikuke has put what file you need to use but I will ask if I can share via PM. It was brought up in other threads when this all kicked off many moons ago so should still be there in these forums.

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

Thanks!  Bless your day.  Joy in the Journey, RuffusU

Best Answer

I am not a fan either. Very disappointing.

Best Answer

@Poo Hi Poo here we are again first it was the sleep stages, im a brit too and etiquette I believe is having mushy peas and gravy with your fish and chips

an interesting point I found is as follows -  A quote which was published in the Telegraph news paper April 2016 “ Fitbit chief James Park: The Apple Watch 'does too much', confusing consumers and if you see their dashboard is tiles and circles so Fitbit in there wisdom are becoming what they said they wouldn't a follower and not a leader - I am in the process of compiling an e-mail to the CEO Mr Park as I am sure he is unaware of this concern - whether it gets read is one thing - a response is another

as you may have seen from earlier posts I thought of 8 points (currently message Message 116 of 208)  which could help make this new dashboard more appealing to more people - originally posted in November of last year there are 1 or 20 more additions that need to be added to that list but didn't want to overwork the binaries in one go on being the ability to change the background colour another is to get them away from the constant use of the colour blue

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

"Go back to the old version,  you can find it on google. Search all the threads if you need more help.

fitbit 2.47 APK"

Thank you for that.I am not really happy about having to allow apps from unknown sources to be installed,but it is what it is.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

"Go back to the old version,  you can find it on google. Search all the threads if you need more help.

fitbit 2.47 APK"

Thank you for that.I am not really happy about having to allow apps from unknown sources to be installed,but it is what it is.

I downloaded fitbit 2.47 APK and installed it, but it showed the same dashboard. I give up. And when it comes time, I'm going to a Garmin

Best Answer

Yes it shows the same dashboard,but you can go to advanced settings and revert back to old dashboard .

Best Answer

Yes! This is why I've never used the new dashboard. I find it hard to believe that they made it permanent without UX testing and fixing this bug. I use my Fitbit for sleep as much as activity, so this is very frustrating. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Yes it shows the same dashboard,but you can go to advanced settings and revert back to old dashboard .

Unfortunately I don't have that option in what I loaded. I don't get it (and I'm computer literate)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, if you want to install the old dash you need to uninstall the current app first then, once installed, make sure not to leave the auto update box ticked. 

I appreciate that might not be the issue experienced above but thought I'd try to help!

Best Answer

Duplicate, deleted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

when this new dashboard kept appearing on my android phone I always had trouble with sync so always changed back to the old one which 90% of the time synced perfectly.  Today this new dashboard appeared again and have had sync errors all day.  Old dashboard was so much better....

Best Answer

Not only do they not care, but the manager I spoke to on the phone was rude and patronizing. He basically told me to f*ck off, that this is what they're doing and if you don't like it tough. I'm already looking into taking my business elsewhere

Best Answer

Couldn't find a fix that worked but I did the next best thing. I reverted to the previous fitbit version 2.47.

Uninstall your Fitbit app.

Important to disable auto updates on your phone,...you don't want it reinstalling the new version

Get the previous version 2.47 by googling "fitbit apk 2.47"

Download the apk file and run it.....you are now back to the previous version apk 2.47 file and run it everything should work fine. Go to help...advanced strings and you can go back to old dashboard. Used freeapkshare site.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Best Answer