Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements to the app and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Hi everyone -- I've read through every post in this thread and the major feedback points and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• General disappointment with the change (no specific details provided)
  • Lots of empty space/more scrolling/clicks required
  • Bottom tiles don't scroll data with days
  • Unable to fully customize top section with tiles from the bottom section
  • Prefer linear UX design
  • Difficult to read/no dark theme available
  • Can't swipe between days, only able to click to scroll through days
  • Can't to resize tiles

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. I have relayed this information to our Android team and at this time, it doesn't sound like there are any plans to revert access to the old Dashboard.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. We currently do not have any plans to revert this change; you can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

Bob, really.  Wow, how sad, you express yourself here as a very angry person in general.

Best Answer

@RuffusU wrote:

Bob, really.  Wow, how sad, you express yourself here as a very angry person in general.

Not in general. Just about Fitbit's useless, argumentative customer support and total lack of concern about what their customers want.  If you don't like my posts, don't read them, but nothing I have written is inaccurate. When companies ignore their customers, they deserve to be criticized.

Best Answer

I am so unhappy with the new dashboard.  In my opinion, it is harder to view quickly, because it is so small. Why can't we have the option to use the old dashboard, which was wonderful!!  If this doesn't change, I will go to another company that allows me to view all of my fitness options easier.

Best Answer

I totally agree with Galada!!!!

Best Answer

I guess I was correct in my first statement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That option is no longer available to me. Was told its because i am android.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just adding my voice.

Beta tester here who has endlessly fed back what doesn't work for me as a dieter and watcher of cals in/out and weight graphics. Most of these are useless on the new dash. I could cope with it (just) if it hadn't lost so much functionality and I expressed that - I used it to death for 5yrs, now just use the app to sync, because it's redundant as a useful resource.

I've given polite and constructive feedback at all stages including in the thread where Mods asked us to and in feature requests as advised. They can't even be faffed to respond in their own thread and then just closed it.

Pretty insulting really. No one expects to have every wish granted but in an obese world, Fitbit listening to a person who uses them a way the (literally) growing population would, might be considered good marketing.

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

Just to add also that I have been toughing out the new dash for many months, even though I didn't have to, in a bid to get used to it and adapt as those who loved it told me I must, that I'd soon change etc. I haven't, it is no use to me.

Thankfully, today I remembered a wonderful user here who PM'd me info on how to get a file of the old dash and it still works (so far...)! I now have the old dash!!!! The fact that I am instantly "all over" my data only underlines for me how much the new dash excludes certain user types.

Until it stops working I'm sticking with the old, no one can say I didn't try or was a naysayer Woman Tongue

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

@Dragonwrath wrote:

That option is no longer available to me. Was told its because i am android.

Fitbit's excuses are getting more lame.  It's not because of Android, it's because Fitbit doesn't want us to have the choice. Maintaining two sets of code is more work, and costs them more money, so I kind of understand that, but their arrogance in forcing this on us unannounced is unacceptable, as is their refusal to listen to the legitimate complaints of their customers.

Best Answer

In the end the company will suffer the wrath of the consumers.

Best Answer

Well my hr is just about done. The strap is pulling away from the screen, and I hate the new dashboard. Guess it's time to try another brand. It was fun while it lasted

Best Answer

I absolutely HATE the new dashboard!  Worst decision ever!

Best Answer

Hate the new dashboard. Give back the Classic board

Best Answer

Please share as to how you got the ORIGINAL dashboard back. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Poo:  Can you please share how to get the original dashboard back?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't get it back. That's why I'm upset

Best Answer
0 Votes

Read this thread from the top.  The instructions are in it.

Best Answer

How horrible!! Way too bright (which means it will drain my battery as it takes almost 10 mins to sync everytime). Most I know that have a Fitbit don't like it so why did they change it anyway?!

Best Answer

I liked being able to see the different values for everything by day. Why does it not allow that now? Just allow us to use the old dashboard and Fitbit might not lose us that hate the new dashboard.

Best Answer

Horrible decision. Why can't we have a choice? I guess I have to look for a different fitness tracker. Anybody find one they like?

Best Answer