Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements to the app and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Hi everyone -- I've read through every post in this thread and the major feedback points and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• General disappointment with the change (no specific details provided)
  • Lots of empty space/more scrolling/clicks required
  • Bottom tiles don't scroll data with days
  • Unable to fully customize top section with tiles from the bottom section
  • Prefer linear UX design
  • Difficult to read/no dark theme available
  • Can't swipe between days, only able to click to scroll through days
  • Can't to resize tiles

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. I have relayed this information to our Android team and at this time, it doesn't sound like there are any plans to revert access to the old Dashboard.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. We currently do not have any plans to revert this change; you can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

The link says "invalid"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ashwolve wrote:

although I have posted the link in an earlier email I will repost my original comment below, in the link is also a response from a moderator and a reply which people might be interested in

the more votes the more of a chance we have of improving these changes to what we would like

Fitbit also need to remember a mobile phone is not a desktop therefore will never get total parity and need to learn to walk b4 they can run (ie Resting heart rate differs by 1 pt between mobile and desktop) get the basics right first

I also agree, they are trying to inline dashboard with the PC version, not that this will get read by fitbit but if you must update to this new dashboard at least keep the option to choose between the 2 dashboards (Old and New)....additions that need to be inplemented to improve new dashboard are as follows

1. Unlock the top Tile

2. Allow User to chose what is in the larger tile (ie be able to change distance with heart rate etc.)

3. allow the user to allococte which tiles go where (like in the Older Version/Desktop Version)

4. allow the whole page to show historic data when paging Left - like the Old Version (not just the present locked top tile)

5. colours change on progress Bar/Circle (like the Old Version).

6. if you want it like the Main Desktop allow all the tiles available on PC Inc multi action Charts/Graphs (Heart Rate for example)

7. The Add button (+) needs to be in page not in overlay as it covers information

8. Calories Burned and Calories Left Should be in the same tile ( Like Cals In/Out).

Please Note this is for the Andriod Changes but guess it would aid the IOS as well

Wayne

I disagree with #8. The old dashboard had calories left in a separate line. Personally, I need that for my own workout purposes.

Best Answer

The new dashboard is horrible! Fitbit took a great app and made t both ugly and disfunctional. In addition, having scrolled through all the feedback you received here during development - all negative, with much detail on what was wrong with it and suggestions and requests for improvement - it is evident that Fitbit has chosen to simply ignore their customers. A HUGE self-inflicted blackeye for the company.

If you care at all for repeat business, you will fix this!

Best Answer

You can send them emails, though I can't tell you yet whether that gets any better response. So far as I can tell, the best option is to follow the advice of another user. Go to the PlayStore and give the new app a one star rating, and warn people to try a different company's tracker!

Best Answer

@NY2TX Thank you for you comments, I too would prefer #8 to be kept separate but as with the previous 7 i was trying to come to a compromise (if they insist that this monstrosity is here to stay) even if it is left as a single entity if hovered over could have ie 588/1970 eaten out of and have the cals left in the top layer left to eat 1382 but fully understand what you are saying

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Diggitydogx3 im guessing you mean the link I was talking about, have just tested and it seems to work for me, you could try the following https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/New-dashboard/m-p/1655903#M36589%C2%A0%C2%A0have

Or try clicking my profile and checking for title New dashboard? if you are still interested

If it was the Link provided by @NY2TX then you may like to try https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1263

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand that your suggestion is a sincere effort to get support for a feature improvement that you want. But, looking through this forum, it is obvious that Fitbit ignores massive feedback from its customers. Better to go to the PlayStore and downgrade the app rating. There you can either highlight your primary complaints or just warn people off of Fitbit. It is clear that customers hold no sway here. If there is anyone up the chain of command who actually cares about Fitbit retaining it's customer base, we need to find a way to contact that (possibly nonexistent) person. If this were my company, everyone responsible for this atrocity would be looking for a new job!

Best Answer

@ashwolve wrote:

@NY2TX Thank you for you comments, I too would prefer #8 to be kept separate but as with the previous 7 i was trying to come to a compromise (if they insist that this monstrosity is here to stay) even if it is left as a single entity if hovered over could have ie 588/1970 eaten out of and have the cals left in the top layer left to eat 1382 but fully understand what you are saying

@ashwolve Aside from all of the design issues, the **ahem** app doesn't synch correctly on my Android. I just finished a 50 minute workout. The app shows 2034 calories remaining and the desktop is "correct" I think showing 2203 remaining.

I am NOT a "stepper." I primarily still use my Flex for the dietary function. I log my food and gauge my workout routine to permit me to eat almost anything that I want. So often, I will do an extra 20 mins. just to "buy" more calories. This has worked for me. I'm 68, started on 3/21/14 at 254 lbs and now hover around 170. I'm a very fast walker (walked a 5K in February in an average of 11:26/mile and did a 10K in December in a total of 1 hr and 15 mins).

This design stuff was done without regard to their users.

Best Answer

I just left more bad feedback on google play store:)

Best Answer

@NY2TX I feel your disappointment with Fitbit and although my example was RHR I did mention that they should concentrate on getting the basics right b4 trying to move onto something a bit more advanced like a re-design 

the numbers I have used are only an example, I also agree that there are discrepancies between mobile app and desktop which are across the board so they have not achieved there goal of parity nor have they achieved a happy medium that keeps all of there customer base happy it seems they have focused on a specific type of user which inevitably has alienated a lot of others

I have no answers, only suggestions and opinions, which may not appeal to everyone but I try not to offend anyone 

congratulations on your achievements and hope you continue to do well in all your aims, I wish I could achieve just half of what you have , I have managed to give up smoking (27 months now) and stopped drinking but the weight and fitness is still eluding me at the moment ....I dont intend to give up be it with fitbit or another provider  

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I've tried it and I don't like it. I am disappointed that I cannot go back. I am even more annoyed that I cannot track my activity through the app anymore. 😠

Why can you no track your activity?

Best Answer

@Diggitydogx3 wrote:

The link says "invalid"

Works for me.  But just Google Fitbit apk 2.47 and you'll find it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hoe can I undo the update? I HATE the new dashboard! 

Best Answer

@PinkieB wrote:

Hoe can I undo the update? I HATE the new dashboard! 

Read earlier posts. There are instructions for downloading and manually installing the old version.

Best Answer

@ashwolve What worked for me won't necessarily work for anyone else. At the beginning, I was always at a calorie deficit, sometimes 1000 cals a day. So the weight poured off. Then when I stabilized, I had already become a compulsive "worker-outer." Then I started to realize that I was on the door step of reclaiming part of my youthful athleticism.

I still log my food in the FitBit desktop app. so I always know what I eat. I haven't had fast food in over 3 years and don't miss it. And I eat a lot of the same foods everyday because I like them. As for drinking, I have a Bud with my dinner almost every night and often with my lunch because I need the carbs.

Best Answer
I downgraded my rating of the app after they told me I could no longer revert to the old dashboard, and this is the response they gave to my rating:

Apparently they don't communicate with each other.
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer

Today, I found I got an auto update for my Fitbit app. Should have turned auto updates for Fitbit OFF.  Now it seems there is no choice to go back to the old style dashboard. 

That is, in the settings, there is no longer listed a choice to return to old dashboard.

This is terrible and doesn't seem necessary to keeping updated info on the Fitbit or my progress.

PLEASE ALLOW YOUR USERS TO CHOOSE OLD OR NEW DASHBOARD.

Why change something that, at least half of your users liked????

Please allow your users to go back to the OLD dashboard.2

Best Answer

Unfortunately, Fitbit has removed that option.  Why?  

Best Answer

Unfortunately, Fitbit has removed the option to go back to the ORIGINAL AND BEST DASJBOARD.

Fitbit, please bring it back

Best Answer

Completely agree. Bring the old dashboard back.

Best Answer