Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements to the app and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Hi everyone -- I've read through every post in this thread and the major feedback points and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• General disappointment with the change (no specific details provided)
  • Lots of empty space/more scrolling/clicks required
  • Bottom tiles don't scroll data with days
  • Unable to fully customize top section with tiles from the bottom section
  • Prefer linear UX design
  • Difficult to read/no dark theme available
  • Can't swipe between days, only able to click to scroll through days
  • Can't to resize tiles

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. I have relayed this information to our Android team and at this time, it doesn't sound like there are any plans to revert access to the old Dashboard.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. We currently do not have any plans to revert this change; you can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

Just want to thank all for the help finding the old version of dashboard.  Downloaded it and it works good.

Best Answer

DISLIKE!

I do not like the new dashboard, it is not intuitive,there are too many extra screens to navigate to get the app to synch...I could go on!!!  Just because something is "new" does not make it "better" and I actually resent the fact that Fitbit is forcing the change from the previous dashboard to it's users.  Fail, Fitbit.  Epic fail.

Best Answer

What is so difficult to allow our choice of dashboards? We had our choice for months, now it's taken away. People say, you can't please everyone, but in reality, Yes you can. Those that like the new dashboard can use it. Give us our old one back. I truly feel sorry for the elderly that have a hard enough time trying to keep up with technology only to have it completely changed as soon as they figure something out. Have your developets even considered that for 1 minute?

Best Answer

@David42 I emailed the address you posted.  Poor guy got a polite earful from me.  I hope the other users email him too.  

Best Answer

MMLE - Scroll down to a post earlier today.  Someone gave directions on how to get the old version back.  I did it & now am quite happy I don't have to put up with the new dashboard until they fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so dissapointed with the new dashboard.  It's a lot of dead space and a lot of the useful information that you could see at a glance is now gone. The circles just take up a lot of room on the initial screen.  I can't believe this is what they thought was a better look.  UGH!  

Best Answer

I really dislike the new dashboard, I kept switching it back to the old one. Now they have taken my option away from me. Please bring back the old dashboard.

Best Answer

I've tried it and I don't like it. I am disappointed that I cannot go back. I am even more annoyed that I cannot track my activity through the app anymore. 😠

Best Answer

The new dashboard is terrible!!!

I gave it a fair shot for about two weeks when you first released it and really thought it was inferior to the original!!!

The original was clean looking and straightforward to monitor.

Please allow us to switch back like we could before.

Best Answer

@David42 Thank you for the information, I think a few links to the different threads that show the dislike of this change might be in order, also thank you to @RussD15 and @HFloyd for the work rounds I have followed the instructions provided and got back my sanity,(although it shouldn't have been necessary) I went straight to the website from a google search of said title

where as the old format would be preferable if anyone reading this can just view my earlier post for a compromise and vote if they agree would also be grateful Message 52 of 144 (current position at time of writing) and also a link in Message 56 of 144 for those that are getting annoyed at having to continuously post in new features, different forums etc. to be heard

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

I don't like the new dashboard. Please bring back the old one. New is not always improved.

Best Answer

I'm very linear too. I hate the new dashboard.

Best Answer
I am "mature", but not elderly. I had access to computers earlier than the general public, and spent most of my years of paid employment in computers and engineering (as has a large portion of my family, both older and younger generations). I still keep up with modern technology and use it daily. I'm usually the one of the ones figuring it out and explaining it to others. In my days programing, and testing software, if I had designed or allowed to be produced something as poorly designed as the new dashboard I would probably have been out of a job.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer

@ChrisXC wrote:

Erick,

Please note one more highly dissatisfied customer. I very much prefer the old dashboard.

What's wrong with the new one? Huge amounts of empty space where before I had all the information I needed visible at once.

What else is wrong with it? I don't need cute little animated icons to entertain me. I want the data. You've made it harder to see and access.

What else is dumb about it?  Well, the top items (whatever you call those now) are now set by Fitbit, not by me. I could reorder everything that I wanted previously. Now the top section has pre-decided items only and they cannot be exchanged or moved below.

So, you display things I don't want to see and hide the things I do want to see. If I want to remove a useless item, I can 'hide' it, but only empty space appears in it's place. That's a really crappy unsatisfactory user experience and design.

Moderator edit: format

Completely sums up my feelings. Less data visible, less choice. Shocking.

Best Answer

I really don't like the new dashboard, and I think it is very unfair that you have now removed the old one. People should be able to choose which one they prefer and want to use. 

Best Answer

I would like to register my disappointment with the new dashboard as well. I liked the simple list format and could see at a glance where I stood for the day.  I'm sure the new dashboard is very artistic but it is not as user friendly as the old one. Please give us the option to go back again. 

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. You can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

You didn't improve anything. You changed it. The new dashboard removed functionality for no reason! Did you even think to ask any of your users? No one asked me.

Imo, fitbit is a horrible example of customer service.

Best Answer

Horrible not clear and juvenile interface,I really hate this.

Best Answer

I love the line "Daydreaming about fancy circles". I really did lol.  I also hate those ridiculous circles.

Best Answer

I absolutely hate the new dashboard. It is a giant step backward in usability, and even in aestheics. Horrible decision, Fitbit! Please restore the ability to switch back immediately! 

Best Answer