Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements to the app and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Hi everyone -- I've read through every post in this thread and the major feedback points and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• General disappointment with the change (no specific details provided)
  • Lots of empty space/more scrolling/clicks required
  • Bottom tiles don't scroll data with days
  • Unable to fully customize top section with tiles from the bottom section
  • Prefer linear UX design
  • Difficult to read/no dark theme available
  • Can't swipe between days, only able to click to scroll through days
  • Can't to resize tiles

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. I have relayed this information to our Android team and at this time, it doesn't sound like there are any plans to revert access to the old Dashboard.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. We currently do not have any plans to revert this change; you can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

@pamgary there have been posts as far back as November (end date) of persons showing displeasure at this but they went ahead anyway - I have phoned the UK customer support and the response I got it is was changed due to customer requests (they obviously haven't looked at the disappointed threads) I came up with some suggestions back in November which I thought would have made the new app more acceptable but because I only go 2 votes was ignored please see Message 19 of 109 and Message 23 of 109 the later has a link to all the displeased people in the thread I was on, ok only 28 comments but that's what they get for having so many threads on the same thing im sure if I look hard enough (not my job fitbit) but I think there are a few more treads saying the same thing for windows and for ios

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
I have the old dashboard back now and everything is sunshine and unicorns!!! Thanks!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  I have the old dashboard back!  I had to go to the Advanced Settings again to choose the old version, but at least the option was there this time.  I took that auto-update check mark out real quick.  I would like to keep this version until they decide to make a whole page swipe of all the info on the dashboard page.  Maybe then I'll switch, but this older format is much easier, makes better use of the small space you have on a phone & is much more user friendly.  I didn't know there was such a website as the APK Mirror.  Thanks for the introduction to this option.

Best Answer

I do too!  Thanks for the instructions.  Not updating until the option is put back in or the new dashboard is changed & redesigned.  🙂

Best Answer

I complained about the new dashboard back in November and have come to complain again with all the other folks that do not like it.  

I need reading glasses to read my phone.  I do not wear them on a treadmill or when walking.  I can not read most of the things on the new dashboard because I don't know what the little symbols are for if I can even see them without my glasses.  The old dashboard had WORDS next to my numbers so it was perfectly clear what I was working toward.  Example:  45 Active Minutes where now it says 45 min.(much smaller).  

I'm sure the "kids" that use fitbit think this is very cool and funky looking but the older users like things simple and clear.  There are photos in the thread from November where I showed how clear the old dashboard was from my Samsung Galaxy 6 compared to how small the new dashboard is.  

I was so upset today that I couldn't read it I got off the treadmill and watched tv instead.  

I'm so disappointed that I'm waiting to borrow my daughters Garmin to try and see if I like their interface better.  Fitbit obviously doesn't care about the users... look how many complaints there have been in the last 24 hours and they just offered canned responses on their social media sites.

Best Answer

@AmyChristineH I fully agree I think they forget they have persons on here older than 12 who like a mobile app to be straight forward and simple I too commented in November to my displeasure https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/New-dashboard/m-p/1655903#M36589  

and at least then they had people working for them with a little common sense and gave us the option to revert to the older style, do you have the link to the thread you complained on?  as I am trying to prove a point to these people that there are so many threads to try and look at there is no way to get an accurate feel to how people are responding to the changes

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Not available for me still 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bobby2478 wrote:

If enough people call and complain, or vote for ideas already submitted for enhancements to the dashboard, there is at least some hope something could change.

Fitbit has a long history of ignoring its customers. I doubt that will change now.

Best Answer

@ashwolve  Here's a link to the thread where I posted before with screenshots of how each looked on my phone.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Updated-Android-Dashboard/idc-p/1657260#M85187

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AmyChristineH Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely hate the new dashboard. Why do you think that your customers needed pictures instead of concise written information as was the case with the old version? Do you think that people are so dumb they can't read anymore? I bought my Charge 2 a couple of months ago and I really love it. With this stupid update I sincerely am starting to dislike this thing.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Best Answer

@Jsokal do you think that Fitbit can understand that?? could you put it into picture format so the chimps they have in design can understand it

Apparently support have said that the fitbit users asked for this mockery

Best Answer

No thank you @ashwolve for being more caring than fitbit and trying to get them to listen to their customers.

I have tried to figure out how to download the old version, I know how to turn off auto updates but the rest just confuses me.  I want to smash my fitbit right now i'm so upset over this change.  I will probably stop wearing it because i'm so distraught over not being able to read it on my phone anymore.

Best Answer

Your quite welcome @AmyChristineH  I get very frustrated when it seems like they are not listening and I tend to feel sorry for the guys on the front line who have to field these complaints - I wouldn't like a Moderators job i'd prob want to join in too much, I will keep trying and if its here to stay will see if my comments back in November will be listened to again (reposted in an earlier comment) to hopefully make the new dashboard a little less painful BUT the option to return to the old style would be a much better solution

Best Answer

I am extremely disappointed  I strongly dislike  the new one it's annoying  the old one was so much nicer to scroll through for a quick look at work I just find the clusters obnoxious  I like the columns wh should b able to have a choice 

Best Answer

Ugh. I HATE the new dashboard! 

Best Answer

Thank goodness I switched off auto updates before this latest update !!!!!!

Best Answer

I hate the new dashboard and now we cannot go back to the old one.

Reading the comments here it seems there are a lot of people who do not like the new dashboard.

Change it back!

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice on how to revert. I also hate the new dashboard and so have reverted (after leaving negative feedback in Google Play Store on the new update), and have voted in features for allowing users to continue to choose the linear format.

Best Answer

If fitbit appreciates the feedback the company receives, why don't they listen to their customers' complaints about being forced to use the new dashboard? I know there are other fitness tracking apps and systems available. I've been with fitbit for 2 years now. I do prefer the fitbit system, but I'm starting to consider changing to another system if this company doesn't stop forcing it's customers to use new features when they repeatedly changed the feature back to the old one during beta testing. Update- I did find an extremely useful post on this thread explaining how to downgrade back to the old dashboard, which worked quite well. I'm just very disappointed that customers have to go through a time-consuming process of finding the information themselves while being so upset about developers forcing a change that customers don't want. I'm grateful for customers who have taken their own time (I'm site they'd rather be doing something else) to find the information and post it here for other customers to be able to go back to the settings they prefer.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer