Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the new Android dashboard. We have relayed this information to our Android team. This thread will now be closed, as the Android team has no plans to revert back to the old dashboard. We're always working towards making improvements to the app and appreciate your cooperation on future app updates. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Hi everyone -- I've read through every post in this thread and the major feedback points and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• General disappointment with the change (no specific details provided)
  • Lots of empty space/more scrolling/clicks required
  • Bottom tiles don't scroll data with days
  • Unable to fully customize top section with tiles from the bottom section
  • Prefer linear UX design
  • Difficult to read/no dark theme available
  • Can't swipe between days, only able to click to scroll through days
  • Can't to resize tiles

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. I have relayed this information to our Android team and at this time, it doesn't sound like there are any plans to revert access to the old Dashboard.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.48, the new Fitbit app Dashboard with the updated look will be fully implemented. Users will no longer have the option to switch to the old Dashboard design, so I encourage you to check it out if not already using it.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers. We currently do not have any plans to revert this change; you can find more information about the app and how to start using it by clicking here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

@Mel_S wrote:

Phooey, mine is stuck on the new dash board and I can't switch back to the old one. I can't figure out how to sync my tracker on the new dash. Why do you guys at Fitbit seem determined to continuously make your software worse?!?

There are instructions further up in this thread on how to download and install the old version of the app.  But to sync the new one, just pull down from the top of the screen while the dashboard is displayed.

Best Answer
I looked back a couple of weeks and still appear to have all my data. 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer

HAs anyone found another app that's compatible with the Fitbit that has a decent dashboard? I HATE, HATE, HATE the new one!  I would love to just use another app that actually likes to improve the app  and listen to customers!

Best Answer
I've done some looking, but haven't found anything that looks like it will work for me.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed! I hate it.

Best Answer

If that was a deliberate thing... it was stupid! 

Best Answer

Since the new dashboard was revealed some months ago, I have tried to use it.  One time for a solid month.  I don't like it.  It is more difficult to read, takes longer to sync, and I more difficult to make changes.  I keep going back to the old one.  Then I would get brave, psych myself up and try again.  I still don't like it and now I feel it is being forced on me.  

Best Answer

@Adriannebevan you are more patient than I was I knew I didn't like it within an hour (back in November) and yes I kept trying it (twice a month) but like you found it cumbersome and about 10 steps backward

I had made some suggestions back then which were ignored but have reposted them recently maybe you would like to take a look Message 157 of 249 in addition have spoken to support who gave the standard response so I have also contacted the CEO (wonder if there will be a response) basically outlining the 4 threads that I have found reference the displeasure of this new act of sabotage, I also suggested the use of a variety of both colours and background , still go 5 hours before it 0900 in California but heres hoping

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

There are instructions in this thread on how to download the previous version of the app and install it so you can get the old dashboard back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please bring back the old dashboard.  The new dashboard is horrible!!!

Best Answer

I was,able to get the old dashboard back until this week.  No longer able to do so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hadn't checked my email over the weekend & this morning was amazed that I had 195 just from the fitbit community regarding how everyone who posted hates the new dashboard.  And that was just from the last 3 days!  I would like to know what the magic number is when someone from fitbit will respond to all this feedback to let us know what our chances are of getting the old dashboard back, legitimately.  Not through a third party, that we are fortunate enough to be able to do, but through fitbit themselves.  Are we not enough people to warrant at least the consideration to be heard for either correction of the new dashboard or the ability to allow us to choose which one we want to use?  fitbit, you have so many different devices that you need to be sure that the app works for all of them.  Surely it can't be that much of a big deal to continue to allow the usage of the old dashboard as an option.  You have people working on the programs all the time.  Can't you just allow this one to be continued?  I've used almost all the features on the dashboard for the past 4 years and it has helped keep me focused on what I eat, steps I take, how much sleep I get, all because your app was simple, but concise.  Your new dashboard requires too much time to work with.  You may not think it does, but when you're in a hurry or at work, you don't always have much time to work with it.  The old dashboard was simple & quick.  I once again ask that you allow us the option to choose.  Thanks for listening. (I hope)

Best Answer

@ashwolve hi fellow Brit   🐵

I fed back eeeeendlessly many months ago and in fine detail here (25 pages of feedback) https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Android-Dashboard-Redesign-Feedback/m-p/1594544#M34688 and again in this thread which I was told to start and which I later expanded upon as deemed too vague.  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

I am pretty certain now that the feature request area is just a way to make people THINK they have a voice. I'm NOT anti Fitbit but they are going to lose the large market (no pun intended) that is the weight watcher as they have made the app useless to us.

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

@Poo yes fully agree with all that you have said in all posts, its funny in the redesign post Eric (Moderator) spoke about a closed beta group . Now I have had access to the new Dashboard since the beginning of November and didn't lose the function although I could switch back to old dash board - does that mean I was un-aware that I may have been part of the Beta Test group if so thank you Fitbit for letting me know (NOT) I have also noticed that when they don't want people to discuss/complain anymore they conveniently close a thread even though the issues within that thread have not been addressed to satisfaction, it is not just the weight watcher, but the older community, the less abled community and the loyal community after the ill-fated Charge HR (I had 4 and stuck with Fitbit because of the old mobile dashboard, and to the same extent the old PC dashboard also ) not sure if I will get a response but I did email the CEO this morning and pointed out the various threads of discontent with the way that the team have sent his product - I think I added a Media quote to a previous email about confusing apps etc etc - pity they have gone down the route that he said he was keen to avoid

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

I find it quite disappointing that you are "constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services," yet feel the need to do so by removing options from the end user. I, for one, do not find the new Android interface appealing, and it seems to lack the access to the "at a glance" overall information the old dashboard had. It seems from reading this message board, I am not alone.

What I am about to describe below is obviously not endorsed by Fitbit, so proceed at your own discretion.

Anyone one that is interested in going back can do so by doing a Google search for "Old Fitbit apk." (.apk is the file format that Android uses to install apps). 

I searched for & downloaded the prior version 2.47.

I deleted the new version, then installed the 2.47 version. From there you will want to go to the Google Playstore > select "My apps & games" (three horizontal bars top left), find the Fitbit app, select it, tap on the three dots on the upper right corner, uncheck "Auto-update."

Hopefully at some point in the future, they will be inspired to bring back the choice to the end user. The hardware is fantastic and I certainly do enjoy my Charge 2. I am not knocking the software, just the decision to remove the choice to interact with it as the consumer sees fit.

Best Answer

I guess I should add, with all my posts I have neglected to say that I do love my Alta.  Agreed, the hardware is great & it keeps me moving, which I need the reminder with my job.  It's just the new dashboard that is the pits.

Best Answer

I had to go back to 2point4zero to get the old dashboard back. (Spelled out in case they are watching to block past versions.)  Paranoid?  Maybe - probably not

Best Answer

@Hwriter wrote:

I had to go back to 2point4zero to get the old dashboard back. (Spelled out in case they are watching to block past versions.)  Paranoid?  Maybe - probably not

2.47 will give you the old dashboard back.  It defaults to the new dashboard, but if you go to settings / advanced you'll see the option to turn on the old dashboard. 2.47 probably contains some bug fixes that are worth having.

Best Answer

The weight logging area, you use to be able to click on the graph and see pounds lost in a week, month, 3 month year. Now it shows avg weight for the time frame. Is there anyway to change it back? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to try the "fix" to return to the old dashboard too, because this new one is awful! And once this particular fitbit stops working I'm shopping for another brand of tracker. 

Best Answer