Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Showing Sleep Scores in the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few weeks ago a new area in the sleep log had an place for Sleep Scores. I found where to turn on this feature and have turned it on but for two weeks it shows the score category but never actually posts a score. Is there something I need to do for my scores to start posting? 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
267 REPLIES 267

I've done that as well. I wore it on my dominant and nondominant hand and even on body parts in between (only kidding).  It didn't make a difference—still no sleep score.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hace Premium on my Versa 2. Dame problemas, no data for sleep syncs yo match. Pone has ot all though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I logged out and in, restarted the app, disconnected and reconnected my device, and still no sleep score showing. help pls! Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try wearing it on your other other wrist? I also read some had
success with wearing it so the watch face was in the same position as your
palm. Hope that makes sense.
Best Answer

Super helpful! Solved issue for me as well - thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally unhelpful answer, sorry. The problem is that the sleep scores are not very consistent, one day I get it another day j don't, so what's the point in paying good money every month for this 'so called' premium app? And why do you keep asking peopke to upload a screen shot when this site don't even allow uploading of images? Totally waste of money for this app and charge 4! :-S 

Best Answer
Read back. The answers are there.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did read all the replies, no explanations on why it would track it one day but not another, just seems so unreliable and random. Probably I should get the Oura instead, sounds like a far better sleep tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa stopped tracking sleep and heart rate after an update early June 2020. I've been reading through threads with similar issues, and tryin the "fixes" to no avail until I found this post. The Expert's reply did not work. A user's may have. I turned off all sleep reminders and now the heart rate came back (on the watch, lol). Will see if this fixed Sleep score.

Side note: Why would turning something off make it work??

Had a long diatribe about testing before pushing out firmware but, meh, who a Fitbit gives a rip.

Best Answer

Thank you. After days of trying different suggestions without success this has finally given me back my sleep score with sleep stages. 

I have had my Inspire HR since Christmas. It was working perfectly then started missing the odd night sleep score. For the past 2 weeks I have had basic data only (no sleep stages or sleep score) 

I really feel Fitbit need to get their act together as it’s glaringly obvious from this forum that this is a real issue. 

Edited to add - unfortunately the fix of turning off sleep insights only worked for 3 nights. Back to no sleep stages or sleep score. I am beyond frustrated. 

Logged a DM with the help desk but still waiting for a response 

Best Answer

They now make you pay for the subscription to get sleep score.  I’ve had a Fitbit for over 5 years.  I’ve purchased 3 for myself and given them as gifts.  I will now discontinue and find another brand.  The sleep score was the best feature but for $9.99 a month it’s not worth it.  No warning or anything.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really? That is disappointing. 

I had managed to get my sleep score back for 3 nights by disabling the “sleep insights” button on the app. However last night no sleep score and back to basic data 😡

I am subscribed to the free premium trial but I won’t be extending it as I don’t feel it’s worth the monthly cost. 

Interestingly my husband has the same model (Inspire HR) and he hasn’t signed up for Fitbit Premium yet he constantly has a sleep score 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Here are some pictures of the issue.

555CDE97-5476-44DE-847D-07C71367FE0B.png

3783CB8A-36C8-4A39-AC81-89403EE2E1AC.png

• FE496F7C-B847-4FD2-8544-F5CBEBADC70C.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

at the very bottom it shows you have “receive sleep insights” switched on 

tap on it and deactivate it - this worked for me. However, I still get odd nights when I only get basic data 

edited to add - the fix lasted 3 nights. Now back to basic data. My sleep graph/data is exactly what you are getting. 

I have Contacted support via DM and waiting for a response. I’ll post if and when I get one 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is what I know so far. My sleep score logs automatically. I have had
issues in several months that I determined to caused by buggy fitbit app
and my cell phone. First make shure your app is up to date. Second make
shure your fitbit is able to sync to you phone with Bluetooth and is
connected to your app. Enable the always connected option in the fitbit app
settings. This is important. [image: _20200531_105311.JPG]Sometimes you
have to restart your phone if your having syncing issues. Now that your
phone and fitbit app is alway connected and communicating with your fitbit
device you shouldn't have any more issues. Your fitbit device should
automatically detect when your sleeping and wake up. When you wake up and
grab your phone your device should automatically log your sleep score when
it syncs. Keep note it could take some time to log multiple sleep scores if
you haven't synced your device for a couple days. You can also delete your
current sleep score and log it in manually. Also allow some time for your
fitbit device to calibrate to your body and routines.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is what I know so far. My sleep score logs automatically. I have had  issues in several months that I determined to caused by buggy fitbit app and my cell phone. First make shure your app is up to date. Second make shure your fitbit is able to sync to you phone with Bluetooth and is connected to your app. Enable the always connected option in the fitbit app settings. This is important. 

Sometimes you have to restart your phone if your having syncing issues. Now that your phone and fitbit app is alway connected and communicating with your fitbit device you shouldn't have any more issues. Your fitbit device should automatically detect when your sleeping and wake up. When you wake up and grab your phone your device should automatically log your sleep score when it syncs. Keep note it could take some time to log multiple sleep scores if you haven't synced your device for a couple days. You can also delete your current sleep score and log it in manually. Also allow some time for your fitbit device to calibrate to your body and routines. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Mitch105. I’ve done all of this. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.
I always sync several times a day.
No problem with anything else apart from the sleep score. I’ll see how it is tonight.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep score and stage analysis was working well till 6 days ago. Now only shows hours slept and vertical coloured lines. I have turned it device off and on, checked app up to date, checked on phone and iPad, logged out and logged in, tried wearing the watch tighter, tried cleaning the back of the watch, tried a variety of "fixes" from the community by turning various bits on and off ....  nothing has worked. The sleep score was my main reason for buying and using Fitbit. Any ideas what else I can try or is this a way of making me use the premium facility? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m in the same position. I’ve logged a direct message with Fitbit and am waiting on a response. Frankly It’s just not good enough. I have told them in my message that this seems to be a substantial problem with many users from the forum messages.
Suggest you direct message them. I’ll update with any progress. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

As an afterthought I don’t think it is a way of encouraging you to purchase the premium package as I signed up to the free 3 month trial and have had issues half way into the trial. I won’t be continuing with the premium service when the free period expires later this month as I don’t feel it is worth the cost, especially when I am experiencing all these issues. I have posted previously that my husband has the same inspire HR and he is not on the premium package. All is well with his device which blows that theory out of the water. 

Best Answer
0 Votes