Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Showing Sleep Scores in the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few weeks ago a new area in the sleep log had an place for Sleep Scores. I found where to turn on this feature and have turned it on but for two weeks it shows the score category but never actually posts a score. Is there something I need to do for my scores to start posting? 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
267 REPLIES 267
Here is what I know so far. My sleep score logs automatically. I have had
issues in several months that I determined to caused by buggy fitbit app
and my cell phone. First make shure your app is up to date. Second make
shure your fitbit is able to sync to you phone with Bluetooth and is
connected to your app. Enable the always connected option in the fitbit app
settings. This is important. _20200531_105311.JPGSometimes you have to
restart your phone if your having syncing issues. Now that your phone and
fitbit app is alway connected and communicating with your fitbit device you
shouldn't have any more issues. Your fitbit device should automatically
detect when your sleeping and wake up. When you wake up and grab your phone
your device should automatically log your sleep score when it syncs. Keep
note it could take some time to log multiple sleep scores if you haven't
synced your device for a couple days. You can also delete your current
sleep score and log it in manually. Also allow some time for your fitbit
device to calibrate to your body and routines.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mitch 105 I have done ALL of your suggestions. The only thing I haven’t done is a hard reset (factory settings) as I really don’t want to lose my data but I may have to if that is the only way to get my sleep data up and running again. 
I live in hope for a response from Fitbit support but I’m not holding my breath 

Best Answer

I found a "solution" that I am trying. It has to be done on the laptop app. Log onto your account got to.. SETTINGS .... SLEEP scroll to find SENSITIVE. If it is on NORMAL .. toggle to SENSITIVE. I don't know if it will work but I'm going to try this evening and will report back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did try that Sally but to be fair I only selected the sensitive option on my iPhone. Surprise surprise no sleep score just loads of lines on the basic data graph. 

I’ll give it a go again tonight as per your suggestion- let’s report back tomorrow!

Best Answer
0 Votes

BTW does anyone else find this situation ridiculous that customers are having to try various fixes and suggestions from other users while Fitbit Support are offering zero help or engagement 

Best Answer
I had the free premium trial and it didn’t change the randomness that I
received sleep scores. The best thing so far that’s worked for me is I
got a new band. A magnetic one. I get sleep scores 6 out of 7 nights.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very bizarre. I do have a spare magnetic band so I will try that tomorrow. I’ve just changed sleep setting to sensitive so I’ll wait to see if that makes a difference tomorrow morning before changing the band out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes....it’s a plan

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, I don't know if changing to SENSITIVE made a difference for you but for me, it was nonsense. No score, no detailed pattern and telling me that I had only slept for 3 hours.

I will contact them direct. It seems to have changed after the last update.

Sally

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto. I was quite alarmed to see the amount of wide blue stripes and my supposed time asleep was scarily short. 

support (UK & Ireland) contacted me yesterday after I commented on an official Facebook post 

They have directed me to various help links which I have already tried. They had noticed I had switched the sensitive setting on and advised me to reset to normal so I wasn’t expecting a successful result.

I will be messaging them back this morning

i think you are correct re the changes since the last update. I will let you know if I find a solution 

Good luck.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Andrea

Exactly the same here!! I don't think it’s the Fitbit or the settings. I’m pretty convinced it is to do with the update. I'll keep looking.

Xxx
Sally

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, 

this has also happened to me and I’m unsure why? 

2596247A-0402-41BA-A178-690147C7364C.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues here. Did you fix it? Congratulations 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Andrea! 

Did you find a solution, day 2 where’s it’s stopped scoring my sleep and confused why?!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

This may not be the same as you but I noticed that my BPM wasn't coming up.

I think that in the last update, it somehow turned it off and I hadn't noticed. I Know I hadn't touched it so it wasn't anything that I had done.

If this is the case go to SETTINGS, HEART RATE and make sure it's ON.

This was after days of trying to work out what the problem was and even contacting FITBIT using their FACEBOOK page. They gave me lots of advice but none of it even came down to something as simple as this .... felt a bit daft.

If it isn’t this, then best bet is to contact them direct on FB .... my best suggestion.

Hope you get it sorted because it is so frustrating when it isn’t working properly.

Sally

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again

so i currently have a case number waiting for a team response 

last night I deactivated my sleep targets - time asleep/ bedtime/wake up time. So this morning the Fitbit icon is re installing on my homescreen and I get the hang tight message we are cleaning things up for you. Guess what - it’s all back - but in a different format. I’m not sure if it’s the switching off of the sleep targets or it’s updated but I don’t see a recent update in my apple account. 

I think I will re select the sleep targets tonight to try and understand if that was the problem - or maybe just leave it well alone ! 

This could well be a blip but fingers crossed it’s  now sorted 

glad you have found a solution too 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Clo

see my reply to Sally CM 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To all those who suggest this problem is to get us to pay for premium, are wrong. I pay for premium and the problem affects me too. 

Best Answer

Sleep score stopped showing today as well as three categories of sleep 😞   I have screenshots but no option to post them here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. Mine is back to working almost all the time apart from an odd night that I have basic data. 

What I did find out is that although my iPhone had said the Fitbit app had been updated it actually hadn’t. I went back into recently updated apps and selected it again on the Fitbit icon and it displayed “update”. Once it had updated I selected open app and the “hang tight we are cleaning things up for you” was displayed. Following that my sleep scores returned that night. 

I now keep checking the updates to make sure it has actually updated

hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes