Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/15/18: Not receiving Message+ notifications after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/15/18: This issue has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.73. If you're still experiencing issues receiving notifications from the Message+ app, I recommend confirming that you're updated to the latest app release and following our notifications troubleshooting tips provided in this help article.

I am closing this thread as the issue has been resolved. If you begin to experience this issue again at a later time, please create another post in the Android Community Forum and reference this thread. Thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved.

Fitbit Update: 6/13/2018

New version 2.73 has been fully released to all our Android users and you should be able to update your Fitbit app. We have released a fix for Message+ and Signal App notifications.

Hi, everyone!

I noticed many of you reporting that you no longer receive your Message+ notifications to your Versa/Ionic after the Fitbit OS 2.1 update. 

We've escalated this issue to our team for investigation. For the meantime, I recommend using the default texting app on your Android device or any other messaging apps. 

When I have more information, I'll provide that here. Thank you!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there again my friends. I'm just passing by to confirm that the new version 2.73 has been fully released to all our users and you should be able to update your Fitbit app for Android.

The great news, is that we have released the fix for this issue with the new version. So if you are being affected with this, please don't wait longer and update your apps. If the issue continue with the new version, just  reset your Fitbit app as I have mentioned before:

I'm not gonna make you look for this post again, so here it is: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version) Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

I saw some of you may have regular notification issues: For this, take a look at this help article, additionally to the new update: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

See you later and thanks for all your great patience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
367 REPLIES 367

I received snapchat, calls , and texts before my update early today, but now my text arent coming through. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

Hello @Hcline29, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Tell me, are you able to receive other Notifications (text, calendar, apps)? Are you using an Android phone or an iPhone? Have you restarted your phone and Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? 

If you have tried that already, please reply to me with the phone model you're currently using and the app version (go to Account > Help to get it) currently installed in your phone. That will be very helpful for me to check this further and determine which troubleshooting steps should we take next. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I am in the same boat.  I received all notifications fine before the firmware update.  Since updating my firmware, text notifications do not work.  I have restarted everything... Versa, App, Phone (Android), Bluetooth, etc., and nothing fixes this problem.

Best Answer

hey,   I did restart versa. And my phone but I am still not receiving text on the versa.   I do receive my emails, snapchat, phone calls, I'm not sure about calendar yet...... 

I have an Android LG G5

Best Answer

Hello @so8sk, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. @Hcline29, thanks for taking the time to reply! 

I appreciate you have provided me more information and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this issue. At this moment, if you have already restarted your Versa (pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen), your phone and Bluetooth in your phone I would like to suggest you the following:

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 
  • Force-close the Fitbit app 
  • Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. 
  • Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello @so8sk, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. @Hcline29, thanks for taking the time to reply! 

I appreciate you have provided me more information and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this issue. At this moment, if you have already restarted your Versa (pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen), your phone and Bluetooth in your phone I would like to suggest you the following:

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 
  • Force-close the Fitbit app 
  • Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. 
  • Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

I have been having the same issue.  I get emails without issue but no longer receive texts.  I have done the steps above as well as doing a factory reset on the Versa, forgetting bluetooth device, and uninstalled/reinstalled the Fitbit app to no avail.  My phone is a Moto Z running android 7.1.1.

Best Answer

Hello @MarcoGFitbit,

Im having a similar issue. Im receiving mail and phone notifications but not texts. The permissions allow for my texts and I have the correct default messaging app selected. I followed all of your steps listed (I also unpaired my previously paired charge 2) except for checking the show in history option. Im running the app on Android and dont see this option in the notification settings on my phone. Could you advise how to get to this setting for android phones and if there is anything else to troubleshoot to specifically get text notifications? 

Thanks!

Kevin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Cruizer_8, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. It's nice to have you on board @Kcho2013! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have reported this situation and I would like to thank you for already having tried several troubleshooting steps. Tell me, are you getting any kind of error message in your phone related to Notifications? Are you able to receive call and app Notifications? Have you enabled All-day Sync and/or Always Connected in the Fitbit app? 

Having this information will be very helpful for me to check this further. Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not getting any sort of error message and am able to receive all other notifications such as email and incoming calls.  I do have All-day Sync, Always Connected, and Keep-Alive Widget enabled.  Not sure if it matters, but I am using Message+ as my default text message app.

Best Answer

So my scenario is the same as yours @Cruizer_8. I decided to try something and switched my text notification to Facebook Messenger and those notifications showed up on my Versa...I'm thinking that this could be Message+/Message related? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kcho2013 wrote:

So my scenario is the same as yours @Cruizer_8. I decided to try something and switched my text notification to Facebook Messenger and those notifications showed up on my Versa...I'm thinking that this could be Message+/Message related? 

I just did the same and downloaded a different messaging app.  The new app now shows messages to the Versa but without the replies.  I then used the default Android Message app on my phone and everything works just as expected without issue.  So I would say it is a problem with the specific Message+ app.  Hopefully this can be resolved some how as there are a lot of people out there using the Message+ app.

Best Answer
I have all day sync selected

Thank you!

Heather Cline
Best Answer
0 Votes

yep same thing happened with me. As soon as I set my default notifications to come from Message instead of Message+ it started working. @MarcoGFitbit is Fitbit aware of this for the Versa? 

Best Answer

@Kcho2013 wrote:

THANK YOU so much for posting this!!!  Maybe Fitbit should hire you... I switched my text message app from message+ to the regular message app, and I am now getting my text message notifications on my Versa!  So this does seem to be a message+ issue.

Best Answer
So do I need to set my text messages to messenger from Facebook???  Because I am set on message +now!

Thank you!

Heather Cline
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hcline29 wrote:
So do I need to set my text messages to messenger from Facebook???  Because I am set on message +now!

Thank you!

Heather Cline

I am using the stock android Message app, and it is working.  Message+ did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just messing with my wife's Versa and she is able to get texts from Messsage+.  Her Versa is version 32.32.10.20, while mine is 32.32.10.15, so it looks like in a future update it will work.  Now I just need access to the newer version. 

@MarcoGFitbit, I know they are staggering the firmware updates, but is there anyway to force mine to get the latest and greatest?

Best Answer
Well, mine is still not receiving texts. Ive got it set to messages, message +, and still nothing under app notifications Then under -General then -Notifications I selected message +, then went to messenger (fb), then message, now I'm back to message+......so Idk what to do.   I do however get emails, snapchat, phone calls, ........ 

Thank you!

Heather Cline
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have Message as the default in the fitbit app do you also have Message as the default messaging app on your phone? I changed Message to be my default messaging app and also disabled notifications from Message+ for good measures.

Best Answer
0 Votes