Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/15/18: Not receiving Message+ notifications after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/15/18: This issue has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.73. If you're still experiencing issues receiving notifications from the Message+ app, I recommend confirming that you're updated to the latest app release and following our notifications troubleshooting tips provided in this help article.

I am closing this thread as the issue has been resolved. If you begin to experience this issue again at a later time, please create another post in the Android Community Forum and reference this thread. Thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved.

Fitbit Update: 6/13/2018

New version 2.73 has been fully released to all our Android users and you should be able to update your Fitbit app. We have released a fix for Message+ and Signal App notifications.

Hi, everyone!

I noticed many of you reporting that you no longer receive your Message+ notifications to your Versa/Ionic after the Fitbit OS 2.1 update. 

We've escalated this issue to our team for investigation. For the meantime, I recommend using the default texting app on your Android device or any other messaging apps. 

When I have more information, I'll provide that here. Thank you!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
367 REPLIES 367
Just started getting message+ Notifications this morning! Updated my phone
to Oreo 8 last night and notifications came through this morning...it's
about time!
Best Answer
I have a Samsung s7 and my versa still isn't getting my texts....?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Check your phone to see if you have an available system update to Oreo
8....it worked for me
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not getting text and call notifications. I have repaired my Versa many times with my Apple iPhone. Is there a fix for this yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
not that i am aware of ;(
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there again my friends. I'm just passing by to confirm that the new version 2.73 has been fully released to all our users and you should be able to update your Fitbit app for Android.

The great news, is that we have released the fix for this issue with the new version. So if you are being affected with this, please don't wait longer and update your apps. If the issue continue with the new version, just  reset your Fitbit app as I have mentioned before:

I'm not gonna make you look for this post again, so here it is: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version) Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

I saw some of you may have regular notification issues: For this, take a look at this help article, additionally to the new update: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

See you later and thanks for all your great patience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to go to settings on my phone then look under "system" . I found
there was an available update to Oreo 8. I had to start the update
manually.. it wasn't done automatically.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME

Thanks for the info, however it it didn't fix the missing text notifications, unless I still go through the workaround I've described in a previous post.

EDIT: It suddenly workes this morning, without any workarounds👍

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! Finally, I am receiving message+ texts on my versa!
Best Answer

I updated my phone this morning and was able to receive text messages finally. 

Best Answer
This worked for me!  Thank u.  Only 2 weeks waiting from time of receiving gift!
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer

Mine stopped working yesterday after update and have tried everything on the forums with no luck. Can someone help with this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This worked for me. Thanks!
Best Answer
I’m going to follow your post. Mine works sporadically. I had contacted customer service and they said I needed to update the software. I did and got notifications for awhile but then they stopped.

Deb
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry..it didn't seem to work for me at first either and then this morning
it just started working.

Update:

That's the same thing that happened to me!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Sad & Happy to hear that is just isn't me. Hopefully the new update, whenever it should come available, will solve this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I installed the update last night and at first Message+ notifications still weren't working. But, as others have said, I suddenly started receiving Message+ notifications this morning.
Best Answer

Finally. It works. So happy to have my Versa fully operational. Thank you  for the precise instructions. 

Best Answer
I solved this by holding in the button on the left side of the Versa for several seconds, there notifications were turned off. So has to be turned on in settings on phone. Has to turned on in settings on watch. And in app!

Shari
Best Answer

I am pretty disgusted with this.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when I get notifications or not.

Best Answer
0 Votes