Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/15/18: Not receiving Message+ notifications after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/15/18: This issue has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.73. If you're still experiencing issues receiving notifications from the Message+ app, I recommend confirming that you're updated to the latest app release and following our notifications troubleshooting tips provided in this help article.

I am closing this thread as the issue has been resolved. If you begin to experience this issue again at a later time, please create another post in the Android Community Forum and reference this thread. Thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved.

Fitbit Update: 6/13/2018

New version 2.73 has been fully released to all our Android users and you should be able to update your Fitbit app. We have released a fix for Message+ and Signal App notifications.

Hi, everyone!

I noticed many of you reporting that you no longer receive your Message+ notifications to your Versa/Ionic after the Fitbit OS 2.1 update. 

We've escalated this issue to our team for investigation. For the meantime, I recommend using the default texting app on your Android device or any other messaging apps. 

When I have more information, I'll provide that here. Thank you!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
367 REPLIES 367

I got my moto z force to link following all the directions straight out of the box/on the screen.  I had a little trouble when it was connecting to wifi and had to start over twice I think and it finally worked. At that point everything worked except receiving text notifications through Messenger+. I've since changed to the "plain jane" Messenger app and I'm receiving texts now

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just switched to the other messaging app and it is working and so are the quick replies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So started using the fit notifications for now and I can get the notifications but I can not respond. It'll do for now as far as I'm concerned 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh, bummer about the Signal app @d_k...that’s my preferred app too, and it was working like a charm before the last firmware update.  Good to know it’s been forwarded to the devs, though...  ::fingers crossed::

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

Update came over the weekend for me and now I can't use messanger+ because I stopped receiving notifications after getting the update. I restarted everything, right down to doing an uninstall of Fitbit and restarting my Fitbit, nothing worked. I removed message+ and reverted back to my original andriod message app and received my text messages on my Versa but they disappear before I can read them and when I try to look it says your all caught up. My Versa was actually working great including the sleep issue once I shut the heart rate off before going to bed I no longer had an issue, easy fix.  Now the update isn't compatible with message+ for Android...one problem after another. I have a Turbo 2. 

Best Answer

I called Fitbit and was given these same directions and THEY DON'T WORK!! I can't believe I bought this watch and now can't get texts Grrrrr

Best Answer

This update has caused text notifcations to stop completely. Tried everything, factory reset, etc... 

Android using Message+

Best Answer

I am having the same problem! I updated the firmware this morning and now I am unable to receive any notifications from message+. I have not had any issues receiving these notifications before this update. Notifications from my e-mails come through, but that's it. I can also receive incoming calls and can reject the call but it does not allow me the option to pick-up the call (green phone icon). I have tried all troubleshooting possible. Please help!!

Best Answer

I can’t receive anything!

I have followed all of the suggestions and am getting nothing at all. 

Can we uninstall the update??

Best Answer

Hi, everyone!

I noticed many of you reporting that you no longer receive your Message+ notifications to your Versa after the Fitbit OS 2.1 update. 

We've escalated this issue to our team for investigation. For the meantime, I recommend using the default texting app on your Android device or any other messaging apps. 

When I have more information, I'll provide that here. Thank you!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I'm only getting some. I tried a test message from another phone and it was fine, but then missed many others from an ongoing chat

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not that I know of?
Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue is not only with Message+. I'm using Signal and since deployment of new firmware, my Versa doesn't display text messages notifications (others notifications are probably displayed) on my Galaxy s8+

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung Note 8 and having the same trouble with receiving emails, texts, and phone calls.  I will receive random emails but no texts or phone calls on the Fitbit Versa.

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit I am not sure about today but yesterday I got text and other notifications. I have an iOS.

I noticed that once you clear a notification on your phone, it clears on your Versa and vice versa but is there an option to turn this off? Sometimes it would clear even when I don't touch like sometimes at night, I get a notification on my Versa and phone and I don't clear it and I go to sleep. I wake up and it's gone, but I didn't clear it because I was sleeping.

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not sure about others but not only cannot I not receive my Message + texts, all my other notifications (email, Fitbit, calendar) are clearing on their own without me doing so and most times before I even get a chance to check them. Like the others, all this started occurring after the firmware update that occurred on my Versa/Fitbit app. last Friday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problems. Very frustrating. I don't want to switch texting apps

Best Answer

I was able to get my text messages through the messaging (android app, not messages +). I am now able to do quick replies. When will the new patch/ update be released to support compatibility with messages+, my preferred messaging/ texting app. 

Best Answer

Fit notifications did not give me the option to reply when I tried it. Also doesn’t say it’s compatible with the versa 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get phone calls but texts not coming through and I also haven’t gotten messenger to work either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes