Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/15/18: Not receiving Message+ notifications after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/15/18: This issue has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.73. If you're still experiencing issues receiving notifications from the Message+ app, I recommend confirming that you're updated to the latest app release and following our notifications troubleshooting tips provided in this help article.

I am closing this thread as the issue has been resolved. If you begin to experience this issue again at a later time, please create another post in the Android Community Forum and reference this thread. Thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved.

Fitbit Update: 6/13/2018

New version 2.73 has been fully released to all our Android users and you should be able to update your Fitbit app. We have released a fix for Message+ and Signal App notifications.

Hi, everyone!

I noticed many of you reporting that you no longer receive your Message+ notifications to your Versa/Ionic after the Fitbit OS 2.1 update. 

We've escalated this issue to our team for investigation. For the meantime, I recommend using the default texting app on your Android device or any other messaging apps. 

When I have more information, I'll provide that here. Thank you!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
367 REPLIES 367

Is there an ETA for a solution ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem is when your phone is lock mode, then your phone notifications need to be turned on for messaging even when phone is locked.  I couldn't read Texts on my android until I changed 2 settings on my phone:

Settings (general phone settings) >App>Messages>Notifications>

Allow Notifications>ON 
On Lock Screen>Show Content

Also,
Open Messages>Tap 3 dots at top>Settings>Notifications>

Popup Display > ON
Preview Message > ON

Hope that helps you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I had already done this. I might exchange the fit bit in case there
is a fault.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this issue been resolved cause I still do not receive ANY notifications after the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but I tried this... still no success. But appreciate your input

Update:

My response is based on what I am reading in this forum. People are upset that this problem is a month or more ongoing. I believe I read a reply from fitbit that this is a priority and their techs are working on it. Lets hope

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but I just tried all is this and still no luck.  😞

Best Answer

Hi there fellas, my apologies for the late response and I know many of of you are eager to see a fix for this issue soon. I understand your frustration regarding this bug and I really appreciate your patience while our team works hard to resolve this issue. Special shout out for all of those who have shared workarounds to improve the functionality with notifications.

I wanted to let you know we have started to roll out a new version for the Fitbit app in Android. At the moment it is possible many of you still are not able to see this update, but as the days goes this version will be available to all of you; so is just matter to review later if is not yet available in the Google Play store. For more details please refer to this post: Android app version 2.73 is now available - 6/11.

I'm still pending to confirm more details, nonetheless stay tuned for more future updates.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I was working with fitbit technical support yesterday and last week. What an exhausting process. This is the first time in 5 and half years I am truly and 100% disappointed with fitbit. The Ionic is my 4th fitbit (not because they break but because I'm upgrade to the latest and greatest). Sometimes a month ago my Ionic stopped syncing and/or giving me any notifications (calls, texts, ANYTHING). Oddly enough the iphone I have for work I was able to download the fitbit app and it works like a charm with that, it's just android (I have a galaxy s7). I also have an Alta which I wear occasionally and I thought that was working find but I found out this morning that while it does sync with my android phone (at least I have that) I receive no notifications on my alta either.

Tech Service finally after going through the ridiculous amount of trouble shooting items again (I did most of them myself before I got in touch with them) told me that it's a glitch and they are trying to fix it but had no idea when it would be fixed.

I told the tech that the company needed to be honest and transparent with their customer and just put out a statement addressing this to all fitbit users and let them know that they are working on it (and while it does seem crazy that it is taking this long) at least customers (particularly loyal ones) may be more patient and willing to work with them.

So sad that they are screwing this up so badly when up until the ionic came out their customer service in my mind has been amazing! Now they can't get the ionic (possibly versa) working right and they are a mess. 😞

Best Answer
Yes thank you? It has been resolved.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated my Fitbit app on my phone and just received my first notification! Hurrah!!!

Best Answer

@RobertoME is the Google Pixel 2 not compatible? I updated the app. I get calls but when I decline on my watch they don't decline to my phone & I don't get any texts at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent post, thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those of you with Android phones: my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge just had a system update to Android Oreo 8 & now my Fitbit Versa is receiving Message + text notifications again. I didn’t have to do anything after the update. The notifications automatically started coming through again. 

Now that being said, I’m still upset that Fitbit updated their app. to something that wasn’t compatible with all operating systems and am now worried that my Fitbit won’t function properly when the next update is released. When we pay that kind of money for something, it should function properly with ALL updates.

Best Answer

Well said. The Android Moto Z has not had the Oreo update yet. I did get message notifications to work by blocking message+. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased the versa and I'm getting my gmail notifications and when someone calls me it notifies me but none of my texts,or anything else like snapchat, are popping up so I'm not sure how to fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just updated my Google pixel to the Oreo 8 as well but still no message+
notifications 😟
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I'm new to the fit bit community. I dont jnow what message+ is, but tonight I stopped getting notifications of texts in my device. I have the versa and a galaxy s8+. And it also told me I did 10 flights of stairs today which wouldn't be possible. No hills or anything. And I'm at a computer all day. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sonya

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I'm new to the fit bit community. I dont jnow what message+ is, but tonight I stopped getting notifications of texts in my device. I have the versa and a galaxy s8+ since Saturday. And I've never been able to read a text message, it only tells me I have one and I and it says in my app I have notifications (on my main screen) but when I open it it says unable to retrieve notifications. Last. it told me I did 10 flights of stairs today which wouldn't be possible. No hills or anything -I'm at a computer all day. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sonya

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't heard of anything yet

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes