Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications do not work on Android Oreo

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been testing the Call/text/app notifications feature on my Fitbit Blaze and I've noticed that this just simply does not work for Android Oreo (8.0.0) anymore. A bunch of people who use my Android app that enhances notifications for Fitbit also noted that notifications no longer work on their newly updated Android 8.0 phones.

It appears that the Fitbit app is not properly compatible with Android Oreo. This is unacceptable as Google released the developer pre-release SDK for a while now so that developers can update their apps. Please fix this as soon as possible as Google Nexus and Pixel phone are soon going to get Android Oreo (8.0). Some, like me, are already on it and for now we have a broken notification feature!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, Oreo users! I have some exciting updates for you. Thanks for your patience while our team investigated these changes and made improvements for Notifications on the Oreo (8.0) OS. If you haven't already, please update the app to version: 2.65.1. This update contains the necessary changes to continuously receive your notifications. 

Please check out this help article for more information. If there are any new issues that come up, please report them through a new discussion. I am closing this thread to prevent duplicate topics. Thanks again for your cooperation! See you all around the boards. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

Hello @litetaker, good to see  you around one more time and thank you for bring this to my attention.

At the moment I can say we haven't received reports that confirm the Fitbit app is not working with Android 8.0 (Oreo). With the exception of some scenarios that were running a beta version of the new Android OS. In which cases the cause was the Fitbit app does not work with beta versions.

As far I am informed, the official version is rolling out. So I will share the feedback you have brought to my attention with my teammates to keep an eye on this and see how it develops. In the meantime I recommend to review the suggested troubleshooting steps, in case you haven't  for notifications issues: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

If I got updates I will let you know and for more news stay tuned to the Fitbit Community.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I'm with you.  Tried everything, updating the app, turning on/off all the notification settings, everything I can think of.  Still nothing. 

Best Answer

I can also confirm this. 

also trusted devices to unlock also not working. 

I'm am on a Pixel and i'm using the official update to Android 8 Oreo that Verizon released.

please hurry to update this.

Best Answer

Please share feedback with the team that GPS is also not working with Android Oreo: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Android-Oreo-GPS-Issue/m-p/2177717#M58337

I only mention it because you say you haven't seen reports of the app not working with Oreo! Thank you.

Best Answer

I'm also having major issues after my pixel updated to Oreo. I noticed that the notifications don't necessarily "not work", but that they turn themselves off after working for about a half hour. So for all intents and purposes, they don't work. 

I also can't log ANY food without the app crashing! I get a notification that the app has stopped working after I log one thing. I close the app, then try again a while later, but the more often I do that, the harder it is to get into the database. I can't even get as far as typing something into the search bar sometimes, and can't even click on a most logged/recent food to log it without the app crashing sometimes. It logs water with no problems though!

Is anyone else having this issue? My fitbit has become a glorified watch since I have to get on my laptop to log everything now and can't scan barcodes since the food part of the app is so buggy. 

Best Answer

Notifications and calls not working on Charge 2 he on Oreo 8.0. This is a bug that needs to be fixed

@RobertoME wrote:

Hello @litetaker, good to see  you around one more time and thank you for bring this to my attention.

At the moment I can say we haven't received reports that confirm the Fitbit app is not working with Android 8.0 (Oreo). With the exception of some scenarios that were running a beta version of the new Android OS. In which cases the cause was the Fitbit app does not work with beta versions.

As far I am informed, the official version is rolling out. So I will share the feedback you have brought to my attention with my teammates to keep an eye on this and see how it develops. In the meantime I recommend to review the suggested troubleshooting steps, in case you haven't  for notifications issues: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

If I got updates I will let you know and for more news stay tuned to the Fitbit Community.

Best Answer

I updated my Pixel to Oreo 8.0 today. And, I also stopped getting notifications. I switched from Alta to Blaze for better notifications. I hope that there is a solution soon.

Best Answer

Same here!  I have a Blaze and get spotty notifications at best.  Also the battery life on the Blaze has taken a nose dive,  I have to charge it daily.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. My Google pixel updated to Android Oreo, and now my Fitbit notifications are inconsistent, and the Fitbit app crashes whenever I try to search for and log new foods. Please update the app, I use it everyday!

Best Answer

My notifications stored Working about 1day ago and I have a galaxy S8+. I'm new to fitbit did I'm not even sure how to begin to go about trouble shooting it. Amy suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @Raiden431@Paytonsquared@smhamner@GrocacheAZ, @SunsetRunner and @Karenbeckner.

@smhamner I saw you are experiencing additional issues with the new Oreo update, saying you can't log food now. This is an issue already under investigation. For more details please review the dedicated post @AlessFitbit has kindly shared: Android Oreo on Pixel: App crashing when logging Food

For those who are experiencing notifications issues with Oreo, thank you all for reporting this and I have shared already this information with my teammates. As soon I got more updates I will let you know.

Thank you for your patience. See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

How about the severe battery drain?  For over a year I was able to get 3-5 days of use, now with all day sync off, etc I am lucky to get 24 hours.

Best Answer

I as well cannot get any notifications to come through on my blaze, as I have updated to the Android Oreo for the Pixel XL.  I have Never since having the blaze been able to answer a call with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am looking at the App on google play store and it is version 2.56

Best Answer

I also cannot get notifications to work on Android O. GPS seems to be affected, as well as I cannot get the tracker to connect to GPS on my phone. I am using a Google Pixel XL running Android 8.0.0 public release version. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Blaze on latest firmware and Fitbit app version 2.57 and notifications are not working on Android Oreo 8.0.0 (not beta) on Pixel XL. Followed all the guides, removed/readded the tracker, reinstalled the app. Only fix is downgrade to Nougat 7.1.1.

Best Answer

yup. I bought the Fit Charge 2 TODAY largely because of the notification functionality... which doesn't work on Oreo as others have noted.  

Best Answer

A couple of days ago I downloaded the new version of the Android App (v2.57) from the Google Play store. This has fixed my GPS and notification issues. All of my notifications are now working on my fitbit Blaze sync'd with Google Pixle XL on Android v8.0.0.

Best Answer

My notifications and GPS still do not work, and I even downloaded the newest app version. I have a long run coming up so I'm so disappointed. 

Best Answer