Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent notification: "Fitbit lost access"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone - Thanks for your reports on this persistent notification in the Android app "Fitbit lost access to status bar notifications." 

This has been escalated to the Android team. If a fix is included in the next version 2.69, I'll make sure to announce that here.

If you haven't yet, please try a restart on your Android device. This should help and prevent the notification from showing up again. Thanks for your help and cooperation!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131

Just noting here that restarting my Samsung S8 made no difference. I don't think this issue thread should be marked "solved" because you are thinking about doing something about this problem! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed the update today on Android 6 and the Fitbit notification finally went away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The release of Version 2.69 has NT soled the issue. It is still there.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there something I have to do to apply the update? There's been no change. I still have this persistent notification "fitbit lost access to status bar notifications..."

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you  Got it.  My phone had all of a sudden stopped syncing.  This update seemed to have fixed problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am still getting these notifications. This is NOT solved.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't find the update at all. I've checked the app and Google play, and reinstalled the app just in case,  but it's still the old version. Any ideas as to why, or has it just not come out yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I un installed and reinstalled AGAIN and still getting this persistent
notifications. NOT SOLVED.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Little trick I learned for another Samsung notification error has so far worked on this one too: press and hold the notification on your lock screen and turn off the notification. It hasn't come back since. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a LG5 and went to the playstore and it didn't say it was an update but I had choices of update or download and I hit update and it installed something and now it is syncing. I had also reset the tracker also.

Linda Machroli

Moderator edit: personal info removed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have updated my Android app with this update last night, April 3rd, and didn't notice the update removed my alarms from the device. I overslept this morning!

The description of the update was "bug fixes and improvements". If you were going to mess with alarms you should have stated that in the update.

Klara

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta has stopped syncing with my phone. Uninstalled the app, reinstalled, unpaired, paired again, turned Bluetooth off an on (none of my other synced apps are having issues). Now I can't pair at all. Just did the current update, very frustrated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of right now, there's still no App update in sight - are you releasing it in tiers? I'm still on version 2.68 and there's still the same annoying message 24/7 on my phone's screen, hence the problem seems NOT to be solved yet. I'm really starting to lose patience with fitbit... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to uninstall the FITBIT app , then reinstall . Seems to fixed the problem ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I thought mine was fixed but not syncing this a.m.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too. Worked last night now won't sync this a.m.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not someone in charge. Just a person with the problem like everyone else. Thought mine was fixed last night but won't sync this a.m.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

As previously mentioned, the fix for this issue was released in the latest app update 2.69. To ensure each app version works as expected, we slowly release them to the public. This means some of you might have gotten the update already, others have not. Once the update is available to you, you will see it in the Google Play store. 

If you're still having this notification problem, you're most likely still on version 2.68. To check your current app version go to Account > Help and you will see what app version you're on. 

Seems like some of you got the update and are no longer experiencing this. For those still having trouble, please wait for the update! Thanks everyone for your cooperation. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have 2.69 it says. Still getting tracker not found. It synced once after I turned off bluetooth and turned back on. But now back to tracker not found
Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did that twice, now it won't repair citing an issue with my Bluetooth which is working for everything else
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes