Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent notification: "Fitbit lost access"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone - Thanks for your reports on this persistent notification in the Android app "Fitbit lost access to status bar notifications." 

This has been escalated to the Android team. If a fix is included in the next version 2.69, I'll make sure to announce that here.

If you haven't yet, please try a restart on your Android device. This should help and prevent the notification from showing up again. Thanks for your help and cooperation!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131
I just did the upgrade yesterday and now the app won't allow me to pair the alta with my phone at all saying it's my Bluetooth. My Bluetooth is working fine for all of my other devices, just not your app.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine says it sees my tracker but my Bluetooth isn't working. My Bluetooth is working fine for all of my other devices, so that's not the issue

Best Answer
0 Votes
That turns off all notifications. Not what I want to do long term.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The image below has been taken directly from google Play for the FitBit App .. interesting that the Iconic is not listed as a valid device ??? Is this why my A$499 Iconic doesn't work with the App at all?

Maybe this is why mu Iconic doesn't sync ??? :-)Maybe this is why mu Iconic doesn't sync ??? 🙂

I really couldn't care less if the notification showed or not .. all I care about is the Sync and Notifications working. Without these the device is useless to me.  Right now - that is what I have a useless, very expensive device.

Cheers Morgyn

Best Answer

Just got the update,  and my Alta still isn't connecting to my phone.  Ever since it stopped syncing and I disconnected it, I haven't be able to connect it back again since. When I try to, it'll either say that it's found my tracker and connecting, but the screen doesn't change, or it says that's it's connected but the numbers still don't show up on my alta when I'm prompted to type them in.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
Got the update, notification in finally gone!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish I did, that's exactly what mine is doing

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is still happening with the new version very annoying having to keep restarting my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Folks, I am unable to sink anything, if I remove app and place back do I lose all the information over the years.

Thanks Jo

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree, very frustrating here too. I am also frustrated at the lack of help Fitbit offers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Then it's about time Fitbit pulled their finger out

My FIG-LX1. On O2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I've read all your comments and some of you are experiencing a different issue that the main topic indicates. For those who are seeing the error "Fitbit lost access" make sure to have the new version as is mentioned by @AlessFitbit in this post.

One recommendation that could help after the update, is to reset the Fitbit app: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

If the issue you are having is related to Syncing issues or Notification not being received. Please either create a new topic or refer to a similar thread, so your post can have the necessary attention. In the meantime, If you are having troubles paring your tracker back, use this post for more help.

Now for syncing troubles, this post will give you additional details: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this) and for notifications, this other pot will be the one to address this issue: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

I'm closing this thread, since the issue of "Fitbit lost access" error has been resolved with the latest update. If you have other concerns, feel free to open a new topic.

See you until the next opportunity.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes