Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent notification: "Fitbit lost access"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone - Thanks for your reports on this persistent notification in the Android app "Fitbit lost access to status bar notifications." 

This has been escalated to the Android team. If a fix is included in the next version 2.69, I'll make sure to announce that here.

If you haven't yet, please try a restart on your Android device. This should help and prevent the notification from showing up again. Thanks for your help and cooperation!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131
I uninstalled the fitbit app then installed the latest version from the
apps store. It seems to be working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Afraid restarting the Android does not resolve this at all. Same message appears almost immediately, very annoying. There are so many issues nowadays it's all very frustrating 😩

Best Answer

My problem is I don't want fitbit having all of that access. if I have to give them access to control and read content on my phone, delete messages, etc. then I will just find a new device. they don't need that much access to track my steps. That is invasive to say the least.

Best Answer
Thanks! I was wondering if that would work. I'll give it a shot 👍
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, I won't allow access. I find the Fitbit app poor on the Android anyway so uninstalling the app is probably the way to go...

Best Answer

Uninstalled fitbit app, reinstalled, same notification problem. Completely unacceptable for Fitbit to want access to that much info. It's a BIG NO from me. I don't think I've ever bought an electronic product before that is much worse to use than when first purchased. I really expected better support and service 😩

Best Answer

I did the uninstall reinstall too. Finally turned off notifications for now. Hopefully they fix it soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no update?! Why is this taking so long? Please fix.

Best Answer

Having disabled notifications by first having to enable something I didn't want to start with I later noticed that when I had to restart my phone to get it to synch at a later date the sneaky little (insert own favorite swear word) had enabled itself again.  Fibbit I am getting so sick of your couldn't give a monkeys attitude to your customers, things just seem to get worse with every update. 

At present I am sure that when my current tracker gives up the ghost I won't be buying anything of yours to replace it.

Best Answer
My uninstall fixed the issue for about 12 hours. I was hopeful until I saw
the lost access message again.

Hope your fix is permanent!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes! Agree. Definitely not good for the brand. And, is it standard to
request permission to make and manage phone calls? This seems new. I
DENIED.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After un-installing app then installing new version from app store no more no access notices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted my device multiple times and it has had no effect. The device is no longer recording accurately either steps or heart rate

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this messsage showing even tho I have restarted my phone to sort the syncing issue out - what is the meaning of the statement  'fitbit has lost access to the notifications panel and  why goes it need it ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have a notification pop-up problem but I have a sync problem! For the past 2 days, my Fitbit Charge2 will not sync with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Android. What happened?

Janis

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think you are alone in this. My charge 2 is being a bit temperamental all of a sudden with synching and slow to catch up with data going in. I also have noticed confusion with dates especially as I have mine set to Sunday week start. In a couple of displays the Sunday data is under the week dates banner or dates are not tallying from one week group to the next. Weird.

Best Answer

Apologies if my last message repeats several times. I was getting a message saying it hadn't gone through as an error had occurred. So I kept trying. Sorry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just had a look on my Kindle which has version 2.63 on it. That is fine as it doesn't have the option to start the week on Sunday. The one on my phone is the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting does not prevent this from reoccurring.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, all! 

I have some great news. We started rolling out Fitbit for Android app version 2.69 yesterday, 4/2. This app version contains the fix for this issue. Please update the app once you see it available in the Google Play store. Let me know in this thread if after updating, the persistent notification has stopped. 

I'll be around waiting to hear from you. Let me know if you have questions! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes