Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Unknown Caller ID w/Android Pie (9.0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18

Hi, Android Pie users!

I'm aware that many of you are still receiving your call notifications as "Unknown Caller."

I'm sorry for any trouble this issue may be causing. I've gone ahead and escalated that the problem persists. When I hear of any updates from our team, I will provide them here.

Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts and for reporting. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103
Good to know that it's something that's being worked on. I look forward to
the update!
Best Answer

Can I expect a fix in the coming update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That I can’t say, @analshah89. Fitbit does not announce pre-release of features.  

Best Answer

Hey @ferrocene.

We truly appreciate the patience and understanding on the situation. 

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Caller ID notifications are still showing as unknown with latest version (2.79). Fresh install & restart, all permissions enabled, battery not optimized. Charge 2, Pixel 2, Android 9. This is getting old!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Original Pixel with Android 9. All permissions toggled. Getting unknown caller.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news on this?? This is incredibly frustrating as Fitbit keeps sending out app updates but none of them have fixed the problem!

Best Answer

Hello @Innob.

To be sure, I'd try to check that the permissions are enabled. You can go to Settings > Apps> Fitbit app > Permissions and make sure you have it toggled on and that should help. If you have already done so in the past, please give it another shot and let me know how it goes.

Look forward to your reply. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a pixel 2xl and my Fitbit is showing unknown caller every time someone calls. I have uninstalled and installed the updated app and have reset my Alta several times. I have all the permissions on for under the settings in my phone. I know for some people the new updated work but I am still having issues. I have the updated update on my phone as well . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Megnito84.

Thanks for trying all of those steps to get the call notifications to work before posting in here.

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try following the steps listed in this help article. After you try all of those steps please try to check the permissions again. Additionally, make sure that you are using the latest version of the app. You can click here to read more about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently the pixel 2 is not on Fitbit compatible list.

Best Answer

The same issue continues even after the latest updates. I'm using an Essential Ph-1 and apparently, it's not listed on the compatibility list either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything I have read says this has been resolved. It hasn't. I've tried deleting and reinstalling. I've tried resetting. I've made sure all permissions are turned on. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

After updating the OnePlus 6 to Android Pie (9.0) my Charge 2 is displaying "Unknown" instead os the Caller ID. I've done a clean update of the OS so the fitbit app (2.79) is freshly installed.

I've checked the permissions for the app.

All the other notifications are working fine. 

Any advice? 

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sasho  I am moving your post to the Android forum, as this seems to be an Android issue, not a device issue.  I am not an Android user, but Android Pie seems to be causing a world of hurt for many users, including others who are also having your "Unknown" Caller ID problem.

I suggest you follow the threads in the Android forum for updates.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @HollidyM.

Thanks for trying all of those steps to get the notifications to work before posting.

In this case I'd recommend that you try following the steps listed in this help article. While you have probably tried most of them, if not all, please give them one more shot and see how it goes, making sure that all permissions are on again. Additionally, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the app. Click here to read more about it. 

In the meantime I'd like to ask the following:

• What phone is it that you are using at the moment?
  • What Android version are you running? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with both Charge 2 and Alta HR. Both on different Pixel 2 phones with the latest Android 9.0 version. Come on Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all those things.  Hoping that the next update will clear things up as I have found that others are still having issues. I am waiting to purchase a Versa but don't want to have the same problem I am now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Megnito84.

I'd like to apologize, I didn't link to the article I mentioned. You can click here to see it. My recommendation then would be to try and follow all of those steps and setup notifications and permissions again from scratch, see if that help the number to show up.

Also, does this happen with every single call you receive or only specific numbers?

Look forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Toggled the permissions several times, but still the caller notification shows as "unknown"

Best Answer