Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J7 Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone use the fitbit Alta successfully with a samsung galaxy j7 unlocked phone?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity & format

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163
Great!

Have a Great Day,
Bob Burtis
raburtis@gmail.com201-704-0863
Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Eureka!! Took your advice and tried again this evening and my Samsung
Galaxy J7v found my Fitbit. All connected and I think I'm good to go!
Thanks for the encouragement ---
Best Answer
Great
Don't be surprised if it gets out of sync again.
If so turn the phone on off wait a little and turn back on it resets the
phone registers.
If that does not work get back on with customer service.
Ours has j7 and fitbit has been in sync for a few months. No more issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!

Karen
Best Answer
0 Votes
So glad to hear!!

Karen
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

Glad to read that the steps that have been shared by other users have been helpful and that lots of you have been able to sync again.

Feel free to reach out if there is anything we can help you out with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has fitbit been able to figure out and add the Samsung galaxy j7 sky pro to their list of devices yet? I was using the alta until they discontinued it at rei, so I upgraded and have not been happy with my fitbit since. I kept thinking it was a problem with my fitbit until I came across this post.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you post the shared comments from others that have been able to get the charge 3 to sync to the samsung j7 please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped working at about the exact same time and it still isn't connecting. It worked fine for over a year and now it's basically an expensive step counter. So upset and disappointed in fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Our experience was similar.  Don't try and fix it yourself.  Contact Fitbit customer service.  I did it in the evening  because I needed about 30-60 minutes each time.
Customer service would walk me through steps.  Quite involved but easy.
Then it just started working and has every once in a while.  Then we shut off the phone restart it and it starts syncing again

Have a Great Day,
Bob Burtis
raburtis@gmail.com201-704-0863
Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This last information is 2 years old. Any new information about when the Fitbit app will be available for Samsung Galaxy J7?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had mine working for a little while, but the latest updates knocked it off and I can't get it to pair again. I don't think they intend to make it compatible since it's been so long and we're still having the same issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has pretty much stayed linked up.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Our fitbit alta has been working well with my wife's samsung J7 for the several months. No issues.Prior to that it crashed weekly.Have a Great Day,Bob Burtisraburtis@gmail.com201-704-0863Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Bob! My Fitbit & Samsung J7v finally became friends again, I don't
know why. So far so good, thanks for responding.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just kept trying to pair my phone and my charge 2 and finally it did.
Keep trying maybe you'll be successful soon. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Except for a little trouble 6-8 months ago when I first got my phone, it synches up just fine.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know, if the galaxy j7 (2016) works with the charge 3? 

And are there any plans to support it officially?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It works with Charge 2. Just keep messaging them. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The secret is to contact their customer service.  They will sync it.They will eventually support your phone.The problem is they have to sync with all the new phones.  The more noise they get the sooner it will happen.Have a Great Day,Bob Burtisraburtis@gmail.com201-704-0863Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer