Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

I've tried all the recommendations, yet still can't receive messages or call notifications on my blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all the recommendations, yet still can't receive messages or call notifications on my blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is NOT working. My surge is not being notified when there is a text nor a call. If someone can provide the URL/Link to information that is useful. I am seeing Samsung S8+ on the list of compatible devices and that's probably marketing choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ive tried all trouble shooting an even been to best buy for 3hrs trying to
fix it. Best buy says it's software issues?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ive tried all trouble shooting an even been to best buy for 3hrs trying to
fix it. Best buy says it's software issues?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything is working on my blaze now with my s8+.  I just got up today and everything was coming through. I did notice at some point some of the things I chose to notify me wasn't checked. I rechecked them and synced and now fb, Instagram, messenger, text, email, thescore and Twitter are all coming through no problem. I didn't do anything different.  I had actually given up. I had thought about even returning it but today it's working like it should. Maybe just patience and waiting, I'm not sure. I'm glad it works now. I wish you all the best and I hope it resolves itself. 

Best Answer

Hello @SallieT! Welcome to the Community.

I'll gladly assist you in getting the notifications that you purchased your Blaze for. I'd like to ask you some questions:

• Are you getting any error message when you were running the setup process?
  • What Android version are you running on your S8?
  • Are you connecting anything else to your S8's Bluetooth setting?

In the meantime I'd like for you to confirm the following:

1. Are the notifications turned on on the Blaze? You can check on it by swiping down on the main screen.
  2. That the Bluetooth on your mobile is on at all times.

Look forward to your reply. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best of luck. Mine did the same, lasted a day or two and stopped working just as suddenly as it started. 

Bought a Fit2 a day later. Its  sleep tracker isn't as good, and the stairs counter is buggy. Everything else just works for a change .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there I am having similar issues. I'm not getting any error messages currently. I'm running the Android 7.0 and currently i do have notifications turned on for the blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope it keeps working. I do know that fitbit told me they were working on a fix for it, so maybe once the bugs are worked out it won't stop. Fingers crossed it keeps working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Becky2.

Are you connecting any other Bluetooth devices to your mobile? If so please try to disconnect them and do a test on the notifications after that. Additionally, please try to restart your Blaze with the following steps:

1. Press and hold the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

After that try to do the setup of the notifications once more. 

Please keep me updated on how it goes, or if you have any questions let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not getting notifications and the S8plus IS on the supported list

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same is happening with my Blaze and Samsung Galaxy 8+.  Worked fine when it was paired with HTC  M9.  Made sure all settings were the same.   Uninstalled and reinstalled, unpaired and repaired, still nothing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Works on iphone too...think Samsung would be working to "keep up with the jones"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I got my Samsung Galaxy 8+ I can't get my blaze to sync correctly. I can't get notifications on it, when I'm out running it doesn't map correctly, and my battery life last one day. With this last update I thought it would be corrected. But the last updated nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, no notifications of any kind on Samsung 8+

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got it to work!  Connecting the Bluetooth the way they suggested and then shut down both my phone and the Blaze for a hard reboot and it worked!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

which instructions? From the earlier posts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

the instructions to not connect the Bluetooth through the phone but to connect through the Fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

still a no go for me 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes