Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680
Mine started working magically on Sunday night!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah mine pairs too but I don't get text or call notifications on my fitbit yet. I guess I will patiently wait as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheAcornWarrior @Pathosfear @patrick49 At the moment, there isn't a timeline for when the S8 will be added to the supported devices list. Rest assured, our team is always testing to ensure we add more Android devices to the supported devices list. 

If you're all experiencing a faster than expected battery drain, I recommend checking out these battery saving tips here. You might want to adjust your syncing settings to turn off "Always Connected" if it's on. 

@ratcityrain Glad to hear your Blaze is fully working with your S8! Please keep in mind since your device is not officially supported, this might not always be the case. Stick around for future updates. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 does not stay connected to my s8 while riding.  It will connect when I manually sync but it does not stay connected.

It appears to work while running but not biking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @mlaumuse! Thanks for joining the forums! Man Wink The Galaxy S8 is not officially compatible with our App, since our engineers have not made tests with it yet. However this doesn't precisely means that it will not work at all, some features might work just fine and others might give you a little trouble. 

I suggest you remove your tracker from your Bluetooth settings,  restart both your phone and your tracker and then try to setup again. If this doesn't work, do it using a computer. This should get you back on track. 

Hello there, @Primarybpa! Thanks for hopping in and for your help. Heart  Based on what I mention on the first part of this post, this could be the reason why is not automatically syncing during the day, but you can manually sync until it is officially compatible. 

Keep me posted! 

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Afternoon All, 

Hopefully someone will be able to help me - I have my shiney new Samsung S8+ and have successfully connected my Fitbit Blaze. I have no issues whatsoever syncing my Blaze with my S8+, not sure if notifications work (as don't use them), but one annoyance I have is that I am unable to use the connected GPS for my runs (worked perfectly with both my old LG G4 & iPhone 6)!

This is very frustrating as today I completed a (what I know to be 2 mile) run and due to the failure of connected GPS I have no mapped route and it believes I only ran 0.94 miles 😞

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks Matt

Best Answer

When can we expect that Fitbit will make the changes necessary to allow for use with the Samsung Galaxy S8+?  I purchased the Blaze specifically for the phone features. I will have to return it if I cannot use it as designed.

Best Answer
I gave up completely on the Fitbit Blaze. I purchased the Samsung Gear S3.
In love with it! The functionalities is way better than the Fitbit.
Best Answer

I am about to do the same, did you get the wifi or blue tooth one.....

Reasons to forget fitbit:

Reason 1: It took them over 20 comments in this feed to send a pro fitbit rep for a response that we already knew...then more information about the testing team not testing the blaze for the new device....(FAIL on fitbit).

Reason 2: Its been over a year since a new product release, and there last release was a change from the blaze rather than pushing in the direction of the blaze, we went back to fitness tracker style.

So we have to assume the blaze is a lost cause now.

Reason 3: On top of that my blaze now dies faster when I DONT use it then when I do?....which doesnt make sense.

Reason 4: This will most likely happen again.

Best Answer
I have a phone line connected, so it functions on its own. I find that it's
more accurate with counting steps also. It's worth the price.
Best Answer

I have been looking at the gear S3 as well.  I have always been researching other smart watches that run Android Wear rather than Tigen.  

I have a lot of friends with fitbits so it is hard for me to go away from them so I may ditch the blaze, get the S3 and maybe pick up a flex 2 to continue competing with my fitbit friends.

Best Answer

IMO the gear S3 is by far the most reliably advanced smart watch on the market. Even compared to Nixon's huge activity watch that can also give you the best time to surf and wave and moon cycles, but the reliability is garbage. When comparing the gear 3 to any other smart watch on the market it by far blows them away. It has been written that you can easily buy the stand alone plan for the watch and cancel it and still have it operate via bluetooth. Even though they tell you it cant, buyers have proven the system wrong with there online responses. The gear 3 even out does the apple watch giving you more style and versatility with the software and best part is its not bias the gear 3 is compatible with apple phone. Now I could rant on like this about any product because thats all i do is research everything....but Fitbit has its pluses but does not come near a complete smartwatch, but hey I do like there new meditation thing they added........but they should of focused on getting more Fit Star mini plans onto the wrist of the watch rather then opening up fit stars separate app for all the better exercises....If fitbit wants to stay competitive they should listen to this post, even when trying out Samsung new fitness with the heart monitor on the back of my S8 its incredibly fast and smart....and I am more than certain its integrated with the smart watch which has built in GPS and heart rate monitor as well. Fitbit I recommend you guys making a plan with android and going balls deep into a active watch that competes with the Gear 3 and Garmin watches. Fitbit still has a foot in the active world, they are behind on the watch era.

Best Answer

I have a couple of problems with my Charge 2.  First, I am not receiving text or phone call notifications that come in on my Galaxy S8+.  Bluetooth is on, the device is paired to my phone, and notifications from Fitbit are allowed (on my phone).  It worked just fine with the S6 -- I received text and phone call notifications.  Now, nothing.

Second, I don't think it's syncing correctly.  My Fitbit shows 11 of 14 hours that I have hit my step goal, but the computer and the app only show 9.  It didn't pick up my Insanity workout (super intense, 30 minutes), so I had to manually enter it into the app.  I'm glad I was paying attention to the calories when I started or I wouldn't have been able to calculate what I burned.

Moderator's edit: Edited title for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A very warm welcome to the Forums @Coppelltodd!

Since the Galaxy S8 has not been added to the compatible devices list, situations like this are to be expected. The app has not been fully tested with the S8, there might be some optimization issues.

Thanks for your patience. Please be sure to check back on the list as new devices are added after testing.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pathosfear - those are all great points and I agree 100%. I have had a fitbit for years now and I have always loved their products and customer service (when I had things go wrong with the product), but I do agree that they are a little slow in keeping up. I understand that their main goal as a company is fitness trackers, not smart watches, but if you want to make a tracker with smart watch features then it is time to improve those features and keep up. 

I am happy with my blaze (mostly), but the features on the S3 do make it a lot more appealing

Best Answer

Switched to Samsung s8+ and now I can't get text messages or caller I'd on my blaze....?? Is something being done about this... ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How soon will Fit bit Blaze be compatible with samsung s8?  Fit bit this is unacceptable. 

Best Answer

It can't just be me getting really frustrated at the Charge HR2 not working alongside my Samsung Galaxy S8 can it?

I have contacted Fitbit directly asking for an ETA on when the S8 will be a supported device, and they said to keep checking the supported device list... I've been doing this for weeks, all I want is an ETA; am I looking at weeks or months or years? I'm really disappointed they haven't been able to fix this yet, I'm no IT expert but surely it's not too hard to do when they already have plenty of other phones as supported devices?

I miss being able to sync throughout the day but mostly I miss the notifications! Look forward to having these back, hopefully sooner rather than later! I love my Fitbit and don't want to buy a Gear watch, please hurry up Fitbit!

Best Answer

I tried all of the recommendations listed for getting notifications to work between the s8 and fit bit blaze. None of them are working. Is there an eta for compatibility confirmation?

Best Answer

Fitbit don't seem to give dates for things like this. I guess the answer depends on whether it can be made compatible. If it's a hardware problem then it won't be fixed. If it's a software problem that requires a change on the S8 then we need to wait for Samsung to fix it. If it's a software problem with fitbit then we can only hope that it will be fixed sooner rather than later. 

There are a number of feature requests for S8 support. This one seems to have the most votes so far: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Please-add-Galaxy-S8-S8/idi-p/1952851

Adding your vote is the best way to get your voice heard as product development don't monitor these forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes