Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

This is absurd.  I don't have time to have useless gadgets that don't work!  Guess fitbit doesn't want business.

Best Answer

Won't be seeing me if it doesn't work! This is ridiculous. 

Best Answer

@Clss1380 whats up? Or should i ask if your having a problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got a blaze and it won't sync to receove notification from samsung
s8. I don't have time to wait on it to work and become compatible. Guess
I'm taking it back for a samsung watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So in eleven minutes you have cross posted in 3 threads, with only a h9nt of tye prpblem.

You say no notifacations or sync? How where you able to setup the tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep. In the last 5 hours I have been looking for an answer. Waste of
time. I have tried everything. Install. Unistall. Reinstall. Pair.
Reboot. Only thing it will do is sync steps. Now I've spent money on a
product that won't fully work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So the tracker is setup, and does bot have tye message of www.fitbit.com/setup anymore? 

What do you see on www.fitbit.com  if it is syncing, it should be syncing., people say that it does. As for notifications I'mnot sure if the status,  its a fairely new phone and Fitbit is still working out the bugs with the interface with the phones hardware and software.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My point is that it is ridiculous that it won't work. If the only thing it
will do Is sync steps then I should have gotten a much cheaper fitbit
device. I have been looking for resolution. If there is none, then fitbit
is losing out for not keeping up. If my options are steps only then I will
have to return and get a better, more functional device elsewhere.
Best Answer
0 Votes

For those of you that have gotten the messages and calls to pair up between the GS8+ and the blaze, how did you do it? I just checked the list today and it wasn't there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Foe those that have posted success. How did you guys get the messages and calls to pair between GS8+ and the Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clss1380 if it is syncing steps there is no reason why it is not syncing distance, Heart Rate,  and calories, along with any activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This fix worked for me:  

The order in which I did things was:

1. Update to latest software (only a security update I believe but this seems to be the catalyst for fixing many S8 owners' issues)
  2. Remove any pairings for Blaze and Blaze (Classic) from the phone. (Mine kept getting rejected)
  3. Add Blaze to phone via Fitbit app - DO NOT use the Bluetooth menu on the phone for this
  4. Add Blaze (Classic) to phone via Bluetooth menu
    1. Go to Settings on the Fitbit
    2. Change Bluetooth Classic to Pair
    3. Scan for the device in the phone's Bluetooth menu
    4. Complete pairing by following instructions on Fitbit and phone
  5. Switch WiFi off
  6. Wait (I went to sleep, so this was overnight)
  7. Switch WiFi on
  8. Went to phone bluetooth.  It still had bluetooth classic paired. It now had regular also paired! (it did this one its own)

After this, Notifications have been working flawlessly. 

~ Good luck with the instructions above but remember that while this is still not an officially supported device.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
It did the same for me and I received notifications once by text and once
by call and nothing else. Should I uninstall it all and start fresh?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the new S8+ yesterday and so far I have been successful in setting up my blaze to sync with my S8+, but I cannot get notifications or gps to work. If I set my Blaze to walk, it cannot find the app on my phone for gps.

I went to the S8+ from the iPhone 7+ and never had any sync or battery issues so I hope Fitbit fixes this soon.  I am happy that I got syncing to work correctly, but would like the rest to work. I have tried all the steps in this thread, but nothing yet. I have updated my phone and have the latest Fitbit app so not sure what is going on.

I charged the blaze fully last night so I will monitor the battery and see how long I get. I was able to get (on average) 4-5 days when using my iPhone. I really hope that it doesn't drop to 1-2 days.

UPDATE:   As of last night (Sunday May 14th) all notifications and GPS began working and now I see 2 blaze connections under Bluetooth so like others have mentioned, there must be some time lapse before everything begins working correctly.  I am much happier now.

Best Answer

I have the Samsung 8 plus. I can't help you but I was able to sync my charge 2 effortlessly even before the 2 Samsung updates. My problem lies in the fact it won't  sync automatically throughout the day. You probably already have but uninstall, reinstall and try syncing again after all updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

May I mention, pull down tool bar, Bluetooth and paired devices. I'm sure you know that but just a thought. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Primarybpa wrote:

I have the Samsung 8 plus. I can't help you but I was able to sync my charge 2 effortlessly even before the 2 Samsung updates. My problem lies in the fact it won't  sync automatically throughout the day. You probably already have but uninstall, reinstall and try syncing again after all updates.

May I mention, pull down tool bar, Bluetooth and paired devices. I'm sure you know that but just a thought. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you tell me how to do mine

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am happy to say my S8 and Fitbit Surge are now working fine. I had to mess about with the notification setting a couple of times and 7 days now passed and all good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was a recent update about 2 days ago. Mine became compatible.  

Best Answer
0 Votes