Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

The notifications started the next day out of the blue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I made this posted. I followed all of the troubleshooting trips and it is still not work. However, the next day out of the blue the notifications started working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: My notifications started working the next day. I followed all the troubling shooting tips the night I made the post but nothing happened. However, I am happy now.

Best Answer

@Kaydeegraham Thanks for the update. Great to hear your notifications are working!  Please keep in mind that this might not always be the case until your device is officially listed here on this page

Hope to keep seeing you on the forums!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Aless,

I received my Fit bit Alta hr yesterday. Yesterday evening I was receiving notifications from my Huawei honour 6 without any problem. Since this morning I have not been able to receive a single one. I have not modified any of the settings. Could you please advise? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed each of the steps under Android Mobile Device from the link below but it not start working immediately. It was not until the next afternoon. However, I was advised by fitbit personnel this is rare since the device is not listed as compatible phone.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1979

I hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had tried all the suggestions on here with no luck but after I did as this suggested it is working for my Whatsapp notifications.   About the only thing that I changed from prior trials was turning ON the encription.   I was very frustrated.  working for about an hour right now.   Hope it continues!!!

THANK YOU

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit , how soon will the S8/S8+ be added to supported devices? The fitbit app updated, or the firmware for the blaze updated to stop the battery drain that is occurring once the device is paired and working. Technology isn't going backwards. The S8 is new, and you will continue to have this problem as more and more people update there phones.  Fitbit needs to keep up with the times! ~So WHEN will this be addressed?!

Best Answer

For the record my fitbit blaze has started working perfectly fine, as if it has been added to working devices....but now it dies faster then ever. I have already started saving up for a Samsung Gear, its close to two months and it hasnt been fully added to the system? And the android team hasnt tested it?

Either something new is in the works or something is wrong with the company, just making a point.

Best Answer

@Pathosfear, fitbit has a new smartwatch in the works due out sometime in the fall. However, they still need to address this battery drain issue.  Mine also works fine except for the battery issue.  Its 24 hours, or charge once a day now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the charge 2 and for some reason it won't pair to my galaxy s8. On the app it can find the charge 2, but after entering the 4 digit code, it will attempt to connect for a couple of minutes and then fail. It will then prompt me to try again. I've read other forums stating they only couldn't receive notifications with syncing issues, but after restarting everything it somehow worked. I am not even able to pair it. I know it is not on the supported devices list but why is it working for only some s8 users?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Annnnnd, back to not syncing. Super. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This approach (turn on/off bluetooth + uninstall and reinstall app) does not help me get notifications working on my S8. The strange thing is that it used to work till about a week or so ago and then it stopped working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm happy to announce that I've given up on waiting for Fitbit to support the S8...I bought a Gear Fit 2 and have had zero issues since getting rid of my Surge.

Best Answer

Just got my Fitbit Blaze for Mother's Day and it won't connect to my Samsung S8+.  If anyone knows why or how to fix the issue could you please pass the info. If it is unable to be fixed, will Fitbit update their compatible list? TIA.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a fitbit blaze and it syncs and pairs with my galaxy s8+ but I can't receive notifications. My friend has the galaxy s8 and is able to receive notifications fine. I've done everything in help.fitbit.com and it still won't work. Is it because I have the s8+?

Best Answer

I upgraded from a galaxy note 5 and every notification was fine.  I upgraded to the 8+ and I am syncing fine but not a single notification.  I have tried all the troubleshooting and restarting and resetting possible. Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gooner4Life wrote:

I'm happy to announce that I've given up on waiting for Fitbit to support the S8...I bought a Gear Fit 2 and have had zero issues since getting rid of my Surge.

Please let us know how you go with it, been thinking of heading in that direction myself.

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the new S8+ yesterday and so far I have been successful in setting up my blaze to sync with my S8+, but I cannot get notifications or gps to work. If I set my Blaze to walk, it cannot find the app on my phone for gps.

I went to the S8+ from the iPhone 7+ and never had any sync or battery issues so I hope Fitbit fixes this soon.  I am happy that I got syncing to work correctly, but would like the rest to work. I have tried all the steps in this thread, but nothing yet. I have updated my phone and have the latest Fitbit app so not sure what is going on.

I charged the blaze fully last night so I will monitor the battery and see how long I get. I was able to get (on average) 4-5 days when using my iPhone. I really hope that it doesn't drop to 1-2 days.

UPDATE:   As of last night (Sunday May 14th) all notifications and GPS began working and now I see 2 blaze connections under Bluetooth so like others have mentioned, there must be some time lapse before everything begins working correctly.  I am much happier now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If my phone doesn't connect, I am taking this crap back and getting a samsung device.  This is ridiculous.  Had issues with my charge hr and bow this.  Don't k ow why I even bothered coming back.

Best Answer