Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

I've turned off and on Bluetooth and restarted both my blaze and my s8+. Still being rejected. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can not receive notifications on the blaze from the S8+ and the blaze battery is draining fast. I normally charge once maybe twice a week. However, since the S8+ it is a least every other day I have to charge the blaze.

Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, waiting to hear from email support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Samsung S8 is not a supported device, if it works that's great if it doesnt Fitbit will tell you to get a new device.

The bad news is that Fitbit look to have dropped the ball with Android, no recent phones on their android compatible device list. We've tried asking when the list was last updated but only receive silence.

Don't know what to tell you; maybe we all need to respond by moving away from Fitbit. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to give it another week, and if it's not fixed I'll return my new fitbit blaze and buy a Gear 3 watch. If they think I'm going to return my Galaxy S8+ to use their accessory, they're insane.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of Saturday mine is working properly I am now seeing the name when calls are coming in and I never had any issue with the text messages and I have the S8

Kendra L. Watson

Moderator edit: removed personal info 

Best Answer

I can't get my Blaze to pair with my S8, although it seems others on this thread are able to. Is the S8 an officially accepted device or no? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the 8 plus and it took awhile. I'm not sure what phones everyone
else has.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jester78 you are still trying to pair the tracker to your phone through the phones Bluetooth screen. It can not be done this way, and will always give the message rejected by the tracker.

Lets install yhe Fitbit app, log into your Fitbit axcount. Now wd will use the Fitbit software to setup and atyach the tracker to your Fitbit acount . Once the Blaze been setup and attached to your  Fitbit account, the app will pair the tracker to your phone if it needs to.

See http://help.fitbit.com/?q=setup 

@patrick49 at what point of the setup process does it fail, and do you get any error messages?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I tap Set up a Device, then choose the Blaze, then tap Set up your Fitbit Blaze, agree to the terms, tap Next, it fails on the Searching screen with the image of the Blaze asking Is your Blaze powered on? Tapping Try Again and Restart Bluetooth doesn't help, it just keeps failing there. The Blaze is turned on and I wake the screen every time, but no luck. I'm able to easily pair to an iPhone 6 using these steps every time, no luck with the S8. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue thanks for the quick reply btw. I'll try to keep up with this thread but may not see it til after work tomorrow (Wednesday). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Rich_Laue! I did try to do what you said.  I actually unistalled the Fitbit app, restarted my S8+, restarted my Blaze, then reinstalled the Fitbit app.  I went to 'Setup New Device', tapped replace blaze, and pushed the button on the left of my tracker.  It connected and I entered the number that appeared on the Blaze.  This part is for both @Rich_Laue & @patrick49.  I went through the whole setup process with no problems at all!  No other error messages either.  Went through all the notification settings again. Others seem to have theirs working WITH their S8+, I just don't understand why I can't get this to work. I drive a lot and it is a lot safer reading my messages on my tracker rather than always fumbling for my phone.  Do I just have to wait for my turn or am I still doing something wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you do to do this??  My blaze battery only lasts 2 days at best now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issue with battery only lasting 2 days

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have any idea if you are working on adding the s8 to the compatible device list and if so when will it be available? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

and today it just started working......

Best Answer

Yes I was so excited to get my fit bit and now a bit disappointed I dont get notifications on it, I have a Samsung S8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hoping for some additional information, I'm still unable to connect with my S8, although I'm reading here that some folks have been able to. Any official updates from Fitbit about the current/future abilities for the S8 would be great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone -- The Samsung Galaxy S8 has all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@Kaydeegraham Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy Great to see you here on the boards. 

You may not be receiving your notifications because the Samsung Galaxy S8 is not yet a fully supported device. To read more about compatibility, please look at my post here

This can also be causing the shorter than normal battery life on the Blaze. To improve the battery life, please take a look at these tips. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes