Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

Oh ok. Yeah mine has been paired for a week but no notifications since...ugh!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just started working!!!! YAYYYY!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please tell me what you did. Ugh 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What kind of fitbit do you have?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a few problems initially with mine but all is working correctly now.
I find that if I keep my Bluetooth off on my phone and then tap the Watch
icon within the Fitbit app it will then asked me to connect Bluetooth and
then all the notifications come through as long as they are set correctly
within the notification section. Please see the two pictures attached the
best Elliot
Best Answer
0 Votes
Open your dashboard. In the upper right hand corner you should see a pic of your Fitbit. Tap on that picture. You should see Notifications. Tap on that. Once in there turn everything on including encryption. 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you know when the 2 devices will pair completely?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My S8 now pairs with my fitbit also notifications work for messages and
calls.
Best Answer

I started getting notifications yesterday!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine. 

I am glad to hear that your trackers are now paired and connecting with your phones. Regarding to the compatibility of the Galaxy S8, please keep an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Catch you later. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit Thanks for the heads up! Any idea of how long it'll take for it to make it on the list?

@Rich_Laue I tried letting the app do it as well. The notifications are coming through, but there's been no such luck with the Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Meezike I'm not sure if I understand the no such luck with Bluetooth? 

Noidications that you say are aoeking use the same Bluetooth channwl that the sync uses. The only other bluetooth is Blaze Classic which is only used for music controll.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And when will Fitbit update the GS8 to its list of compatible mobile devices?  This is sorta a big phone release, why is this not of immediate consideration??  Pretty bummed that my $250 Surge won't even work with a new phone...

Best Answer
Mine just starting working today! I have the 8+ and the Blaze. Hopefully it
starts working soon for all of you too!
Best Answer

I get caller name on my Charge 2 (paired with S8+).

However,  Messages (text) that used to show the contacts name and first few lines of message (on my S4), now just display "New Message" (as the contact) and scrolls the words "New Message" (instead of the text msg).

Anyone get it to work properly on their S8 or S8+ yet??

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Solved**

In the messaging app. 

Press the 3 dots in upper right hand corner

Press Settings

Press Notifications

In the Notifications window, make sure the sliders for Pop-up display and Preview Message are turned on.

I'm now receiving the Name of the message sender and the first few lines of the text msg will scroll below that on my Charge 2.

(This assumes you have turned those features on in the Fitbit app).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the fitbit hr for a primary purpose of syncing with my samsung s8. I can use the app and see all info but fitbit will not work getting notifications (calls or texts) from phone. Pls tell me this works. I'm ready to send the fitbit back and go with my other choice of garmin.

Help
Jill

Moderator edit: format 

Best Answer

IS you phone on the Approved device list?

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

See this thread where someone got it set up successfully @KevCoady

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-being-able-work-with-my-S8/m-p/1951182/thread-id/55585/h...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working for me s8 plus with blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze was never in available devices in Bluetooth setup.  Now it's there but keeps saying "Pairing rejected by Blaze." Am I doing something wrong? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I kept getting that too but then it just started working. I did restart my
phone and my fitbit, maybe that will help???
Best Answer
0 Votes