Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680
There is hope. After a week of not really trying to get my Charge 2 and my
phone paired, last night I decided to try again. It was a struggle but
finally 4 numbers popped up and after what seemed like an eternity we were
all hooked up again. So far, so good. Maybe FitBit updated their
software?? My Charge 2 seems to be holding a charge again. I hope I am
not jinxing it!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got my Alta working over the weekend. I think they updated their software too. 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
Yay!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

When does fitbit say they will add the s8 as a compatible device?

Best Answer

@KevCoady i get about a day and a half.  Depending on how many notifications I get. Which are working perfectly.  Now its the battery life that will be an issue.  I just charge while im sitting at my computer. I guess I could make that a once a day habit, but it was better when I didn't have to.  Hope fitbit fixes this. Especially with there new device coming this fall.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  purchased my S8 3 days ago. I can pair the S8 and Surge in Bluetooth and it will sinc when updating exercise updates but I cannot receive notifications of texts or calls. This is the first time I have gone from and Apple to a Samsung and I am very disappointed.

I have rebooted Phone and Watchand re-installed the App but to no success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just seen that my S8 is not yet supported. Never had this trouble with IOS. The S8 is going back to the shop tomorrow.

https://www.fitbit.com/uk/devices

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TerryJ.I have an unsupported Android which performs all of my Notifications that I have ticked in my App Notifications..

I don't use gmail so my email account is linked and the Blaze notifies me when the phone rings in my pocket... All other Apps work

Have you gone into the Notifications area in the Dashboard...?

notifications 3may17.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

HI Colin,

Thanks for trying to help but I have enabled the widget and still no way forward. I have sent an email to Fitbit and hopefully they will respond and I'll keep you updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TerryJ.Thanks for the quick reply.. At least they have your Phone etc.. because ... many of us are trying to ensure Fitbit have the base info at least to try and solve these annoying issues...

We have even had some users testing and realizing they need their phone and tracker on the same side of their body because the Bluetooth signal doesn't go through their body. 

Some have also found that having WiFi on at the same causes interference and dropout of Bluetooth when they use Connect GPS.

There are a few other issues in the link.  See this link

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
Hi Terry, I'm sorry you are having a problem with your s8. My Alta paired right away and as soon as I allowed notifications on the phone they have worked fine, as have everything else. I'm loving my s8.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

My blaze has been working for me on my S8 for almost a week. I get all the notifications I wanted and it syncs right up. Could not be happier. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I've had my S8 since the day it came out and have yet to receive one notification and I can't figure it out! I've tried everything...uninstalling and reinstalling, unpairing, restarting my fitbit, etc... and still not getting any notifications. My steps, heart rate, etc ..are syncing with no issues

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try to do what i did? Go into the Fitbit App, in the upper right
hand corner touch your fitbit icon. Then touch Notifications, from there
select what notifications you would like to receive. Make sure your
Notification Widget is turned to on. Then push the back button on your
phone. I also have mines set to All-Day Sync. Hope this helps. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Also at the very bottom, of the page after you have clicked on you fitbit device inside the app, i have Always Connected on as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did. I also read a post that took me through getting it to sync with through Bluetooth via "Blaze (classic)". I was able to get that to work and people said that they started getting notifications within the next few hours after doing that. So now I just wait! This is ridiculous...it shouldn't be that hard to add a compatible device. I think Fitbit is being lazy! But then again I don't really know anything about the 'science' behind phones 😛

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah this is ridiculous. I have been using mine for a week now with no notifications at all other than the reminder to move which makes no sense. I haven't had an issue with any of my other Samsung devices and my Fitbit until I got the S8+

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for your S8? I've tried everything and nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to pair it that way, now I haven't received any notifications yet but no one has texted me either Smiley Very Happy people said that it took a few hours for it to go through but I'll keep ya posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here are the instructions that were on a post I found. I don't know if it will actually work or not but at least I was finally able to get my fitbit to pair with my phone and it wasn't rejected...also this is for a Blaze, which I have, so I am not sure how to go about it with other devices.

For those who don't yet have this working, do you have the Blaze (Classic) pairing configured (for music/volume control) too?

I use this for controlling music from my wrist and found that since I re-enabled this following the security update installation and device re-pairing that notifications and GPS have been working fine.

The order in which I did things was:

1. Update to latest software (only a security update I believe but this seems to be the catalyst for fixing many S8 owners' issues)
  2. Remove any pairings for Blaze and Blaze (Classic) from the phone
  3. Add Blaze to phone via Fitbit app - DO NOT use the Bluetooth menu on the phone for this
  4. Add Blaze (Classic) to phone via Bluetooth menu
    1. Go to Settings on the Fitbit
    2. Change Bluetooth Classic to Pair
    3. Scan for the device in the phone's Bluetooth menu
    4. Complete pairing by following instructions on Fitbit and phone
  5. Switch WiFi off
  6. Test notifications and/or GPS - these now started working for me
  7. Switch WiFi on

Note that I this did not initially allow notifications through until WiFi was turned off. Once notifications were successfully working, WiFi could be then re-enabled without issue. Not sure why, but hope it helps some of you.

Mine has been working flawlessly since Sunday morning. Good luck with the instructions above but remember that while this is still not an officially supported device, notification support could stop without warning.

Best Answer
0 Votes