Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

That's good!  Sometimes they work with out being on the list. Mine isn't and works fine 🙂

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue! I can't even get my phone to detect my Blaze

Best Answer

I am new to Android from W10M and am trying to figure out the notifications thing with Fitbit on my Galaxy S8+. Should text message notifications work with Verizon's Message+ app? It is listed as one of the options under text messages for the Fitbit app, but so far I have not received any notifications on by Blaze. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is the syncing going with the new S8?  I have a moto x pure edition that no longer syncs with the new fitbits and am looking into replacing it.  I really don't want to deal with another device that doesn't sync to my fitbit. 

Best Answer

My S8+ started syncing and pushing notification to my blaze. GPS works too now! The S8+ had a software update from Verizon. After that, it started working. 🙂 

Best Answer

Still not working here. Please could you post details of software version, baseband version, kernel version etc. so I can raise this with my service provider (O2)?

Also, did you have to re-add the Blaze or did it just suddenly start working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got the new amazing S8 and a new Charge 2 but they obviously didn't get the memo because they won't even talk to each other. I was able to pair the devices via Bluetooth but no fancy notifications which is key for my lifestyle. If anything is getting returned it won't be the S8!!!! Fitbit don't leave out the Charge 2 in your update. (The blaze apparently Just got compatible with the S8 a few hours ago so I'm keeping the faith but not for long....)

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I paired and unpaired it a few times but that did nothing, it just suddenly
started working.
Looks like my software update was for security, maybe that's what helped it
communicate.
Also restarting​ your phone and blaze wouldn't hurt.

Tom Foster

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung S8+
Best Answer
0 Votes
I paired and unpaired it a few times but that did nothing, it just suddenly
started working.
Looks like my software update was for security, maybe that's what helped it
communicate.
Also restarting​ your phone and blaze wouldn't hurt.

Tom Foster

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Galaxy S8+ yesterday also. Like you I have tried everything.  I can't get any notifications or even sync. I am extremely frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine took 2 days to work fingers crossed it works for you as well.

Tom Foster

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything.

• Restarting both S8 and Blaze
  • Reinstall Fitbit app and re-configure permissions and notifications
  • Remove and pair Blaze as a new device
  • Reset Network Settings to default (via  Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings)

Still no notifications and no GPS support (Blaze displays 'Check Fitbit app').

Occasionally while trying the Send Test Notification feature I get an error popup saying Bluetooth Issues and giving me the option to Cancel or Restart Bluetooth. I do wonder whether it is an incompatibility with Bluetooth 5.0 which is on the Galaxy S8/S8+ phones only. That said, it wouldn't explain why it is suddenly working for some users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Started working last night. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a security update. Did that last night and started working not to long after.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also had a security update to install last night but that hasn't changed anything for me.

This is my Software Update screen:Screenshot_20170422-160317.png

This is my Software Information screen:Screenshot_20170422-160255.png

Would be interested to know if you're on the same version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, weird. Mine has just started working! Notifications and GPS.

I haven't changed anything although I did just pair the S8 with my car so perhaps that has affected something.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem! I just switched from an s7 to s8 and I tried pairing my s8 to my charge 2 and it doesn't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It took mine 6 hours to work after the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Took mine 18 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't hook via Bluetooth with me new S8.  Help.

Best Answer