Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

Mine eventually just started working. I forced the software update on the Galaxy S8, and later eventually received some notification about security updates. My Blaze connected better and I started receiving notifications several hours after the update. I enabled the notification drawer widget, but it seems to work just as well with the widget disabled. I did find that notifications stopped when my Blaze battery was very low. I started received notifications again when it was sitting in the charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has stopped working now. It was good while it lasted.

EDIT: It's intermittent. Weird.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the S8+, upgraded from iPhone 5. I have tried everything to get the GPS to connect for a run on my Blaze and I get the "check phone app error. I reinstalled th Blaze Fitbit app a couole of times. Location is on, Blaze is paired, and permissions are granted for the Fit bit app. I really want to be able to track my Run! Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having problems connecting app to wrist unit using Galaxy mobile for a first time

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Blaze connected after running the software update for the Galaxy S8/S8+. There was also some other security update notice that came in this morning. Several hours after that everything started working, all day sync, notifications. I did find that notifications were not working a few hours after I got a batter low indicator on my Blaze. It started working again after I charged it for a little while.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I did the update but haven't seen the security updates. I
will be in the lookout. So far, still not working. 😐
Best Answer

I have the same problem with my Charge 2 and S8. I hope they get it together soon. I depend on my notifications. 

Best Answer

Omg, I thought my phone was defective..i realized I had a certain app installed and it was blocking my ringtone from going off but now I see Fitbit  doesn't have the S8 as a compatible phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you have to reinstall the app? I am finding that it connects from the app, like all the information on the app is syncing. However I'm not getting any notifications from apps (as they are set to) on my blaze? Also I am finding, that blaze shows under the bluetooth part of my phone, however when i try to pair it, it goes "pairing rejected by blaze"  How can I fix this? Please reply to me, so i know to check for any help?!

Best Answer
I think I will reinstall the app. That sounds like a good idea!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times, deleted my Blaze entirely a few times from the app, and restarted the Blaze a few times, but that was all before I did the software update on the phone. After that, I think things just started to work eventually. It can't hurt to uninstall and reinstall the app and maybe even delete the Blaze from the app and set it up again. That way you know you have a good connection between the phone and the Blaze. It took several hours, but then notifications started coming in. A few observations, make sure the Blaze is charged and that notifications on the Blaze are set to "on" (at one point, when notifications stopped working again, I found that they had been switched to "off" on the Blaze).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure how relevant this is but I'm finding that while WiFi is turned off, notifications and GPS are working. With WiFi switched on, no notifications and no GPS for the Blaze. This is since the security update released on Friday.

I'm out on a walk at the moment with GPS working. Before I leave the house I tend to disable WiFi to avoid jumping onto public networks which require sign-in (such as The Cloud WiFi in the UK) while I'm streaming Spotify. I tried the Walk exercise before turning WiFi off and got 'Check Fitbit app'. After switching WiFi off, it connected on the next attempt.

Just figured this may be useful to the Fitbit developers as they try to make the S8 a supported device.

EDIT: Back home and on WiFi and it is currently still working so possibly a red herring, sorry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The s7 took a little while to be fully compatible but please be patient, remember that the S8 came right after and it's so new that they will proceed to test it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The S8 is not on the approved list so that is probably way its not working correctly

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I just got the S8 and my Blaze won't receive notifications. It's connected to the app on my phone, but won't show up In the Bluetooth options.

Best Answer

@VICKIEI08 Have you tried tapping Exercise, the stopwatch and Tracking and use MobileRun to establish the GPS works.?

Then we can work from there.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently Fitbit heard our cries because this morning I started receiving alerts on my fitbit, I hope everyone else had the same results. 

Best Answer

Good to know! However, No notifications for me yet.... But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would like to see notifications and compatibility with samsung s8+ and the fitbit devices.

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer

I would suggest that you restart your phone (refreshes it) and uninstall then reinstall the app..that may work. I really hope it syncs up for you quickly 

Best Answer