Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

That worked!! I reinstalled the app and that did it! I went right to the notifications and was able to enable them! Thank you! Problem solved. 😁

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

If your notifications are not working, I recommend following @MarreFitbit in the My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app) post. 

I hope this helps, catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi Jordyboy132. I'm afraid you're joining a huge group of disappointed Android owners who failed to check the compatible devices list when we bought our new phones. Only 4 out of 56 Android phones from Carphone Warehouse are on the list. We all get the same response and nothing ever happens. Fitbit expect us to be happy syncing with a laptop! They can't tell me how many Android phones have been added to the list in the last six months and I've now​ been​blocked from Twitter and Facebook for complaining. If it's any consolation you might be luckier than most of us as the Samsung S6 and S7 are supported- i suspect they put more effort into the handsets that reviewers might use! Good luck and keep complaining!

Best Answer

Most Android phones aren't on the list of compatible devices and Fitbit expect us to be happy with syncing on a laptop!

Best Answer

So I just got a new phone Galaxy S8 and I'm receiving notifications but when calls come in they say unknown. However when I get text messages they show who they are coming from. Any suggestions because that's 1 of the features I love about my Charge 2???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been working fine now for a couple of days now so it is definitely possible to get it working.

However, while it remains off the supported device list, support from Fitbit themselves will be limited as they do not officially recognise the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has also been working fine. (Outlook, Messages+, Messenger all coming in) Make sure the Blaze is fully charged. It takes a few hours after all the Samsung updates come in for everything to work properly. I did notice that this morning I was not getting notifications and discovered the notification switch on the Blaze was set to "off". I can only surmise that it switched off when the phone went into do not disturb mode last night and did not automatically switch back to "on" when the phone came out of dnd mode this morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, this doesn't help. I think we have all tried this, multiple times.

Best Answer

I still can't get my notifications to work on my galaxy s8+. What did you do to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta is up and running on my S-8. Notifications working as usyal, so hapoy!

Best Answer

I just purchased a Samsung galaxy s8 + and I no longer receive notifications for emails and text messages. I depend on this a lot when I am at work and is a main reason I decided to get a fitbit. I had access on an older Samsung and I am very dissatisfied I no longer have this feature

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope. Too soon?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Current situation: Got my new S8+ on Saturday. 4/22/17, they updated it when i got it. So its up to date on security updates. (Device is up to date.)

My blaze is syncing information from it to the app. All the steps, and other information is correct. Its connected GPS works as normal. However the notifications are still not working. No calls, text, or app notifications are coming though.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling the app. Replacing the blaze as a new device, got the code, and once again it was syncing information as previously stated. Yet the notifications are still not coming though.

Also, in the bluetooth setting. Blaze shows up as a device in the list and when i tap to pair it, i get "rejected by blaze". 

Any suggestions? (you can message me if you wish)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all the resets, pairing, unpairing, etc. Gave up and all of a sudden started working. I did get the update before that. Thinking there is still some kinks to making it consistently work. Hope yours works soon.

Best Answer

I've tried resetting my Surge, removing and reinstalling the Fitbit app, and have ran all available updates on my S8 but am still not able to get notifications.

Anybody know when Fitbit will add it to their compatible list?

Best Answer
0 Votes

FWIW, I set up my wife's Galaxy S8+ for Wi-Fi only on Saturday, installed all the updates and a number of apps. Got the security update notification on Sunday morning. She migrated to the new phone yesterday afternoon. She set up the Fitbit app, connected her Alta, enabled notifications in the app (setting messages to Messages+) and immediately started getting notifications. Based on notifications on my Blaze starting to work several hours after I ran all the updates and got the security update notification on my phone, I am convinced that for some reason it just takes time for everything to start working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope the fix is soon! Just got my Blaze a couple of months ago. I didn't expect that getting a new phone would be a problem.

Best Answer

How did you get them to start working? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JesusE I got my VZW software update too but still no luck with the blaze notifications. DId you do anything after the update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my S8+ since 4/22, still haven't got one notification it it at all. The only thing working is it syncing information (steps, miles, ect..). 

I've uninstalled, reinstalled that app.  Added blaze as new device, set it all up and still the same result. Any suggestions?

Best Answer